3 nodes with Falcon required??!

Options

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah as long as this isn't some terrible version of the simulator with the falcon featured every time it will be fine for people. This event just seems incredibly strange so far. Shorter sim than usual. No indication of other super buffed three stars. Loss of completion bonuses. And the first team up was with the feature character and not one of the lesser buffed three stars. Pretty much all of this is a step backwards in my mind on what was otherwise their most enjoyable pve. Oh well looking forward to seeing if a different champ is the boss champ next round hopefully lazy cap or Thor likely ht though since he is the next most recent. Although both other sims had a villain as one of the boss chars mags the first time and doom the second.

Tl:dr bunch of changes that look like they might make the event less enjoyable.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Copps wrote:
    I've yet to see a rerun with the rewards tweaked positively or the structure improved.
    Hulk was horrible, The Hunt was soul crushing, and this one... definitely worse than last time they ran it.
    We'll see just how awful it is when the new subs open.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The teamup mission is meant to highlight certain characters and I don't see what's wrong with highlighting Falcon. The fact that he has more levels than all his enemies combined made it not much of a challenge, but given its place on the overall progression to the big iso 8 mission, it's probably a good thing that it's not too hard. There were some pretty hard team up missions in the past because you're stuck with Daredevil fighting a pretty capable team and that feels more like punishment than highlighting his strengths.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The teamup mission is meant to highlight certain characters and I don't see what's wrong with highlighting Falcon. The fact that he has more levels than all his enemies combined made it not much of a challenge, but given its place on the overall progression to the big iso 8 mission, it's probably a good thing that it's not too hard. There were some pretty hard team up missions in the past because you're stuck with Daredevil fighting a pretty capable team and that feels more like punishment than highlighting his strengths.
    The point was that the three missions outside of the roads to the ISO all require Falcon icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    The simulator has rotating required characters right? And 4 sub refreshes.

This one will only have 3 since its 2.5 days shorter than the last run of the simulator.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    The simulator has rotating required characters right? And 4 sub refreshes. Having Falcon on the first one is actually the best to get out of the way for the players unable to get him, the points are at their lowest so you can overcome the loss later, assuming values increase in the simulator. I think they do.

Kind of want that red Rags, at least that one will be obtainable, last villain cover ho! Should have got it weeks before they changed the lightning round reward structure but wasn't motivated to do so.

Looks like 3 sub refreshes, not 4. The main bracket is 7.5 days long, and each set of subs is 2.5 days.

I expect that either Falcon will be the required character in each set of subs, or the next two sets will require Loki and Ragnarok, based on the distribution of the event token. In previous Simulators, lets say that the required characters were Punisher, Hulk, and GSBW. All three would be featured in the event token, but Punisher would be buffed/required for the first set of subs and then not buffed the next two, Hulk would be buffed/required for the second set, etc.

In this Simulator, Falcon is super-buffed, and the rest of the buffed list are Loki, Ragnarok, and 4x 2*s. If you check the event token distribution, Falcon gets a "super"-buffed drop percentage, Loki and Ragnarok's drop percentages are double that of Doom's (percentages for 2-ability characters are always different from 3-ability), and the 4x buffed 2*s have a significantly higher drop percentage than other 2*s. However, there are no other characters with buffed drop percentages. Therefore, I expect either Falcon will rotate with Loki and Ragnarok, or he'll be the featured character in all three sets of subs.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Copps wrote:
    I've yet to see a rerun with the rewards tweaked positively or the structure improved.
    Hulk was horrible, The Hunt was soul crushing, and this one... definitely worse than last time they ran it.
    The 2nd run of the hulk's punisher progression reward was significantly easier to get, though I don't know if that was actually tweaked on their end, or people overcompensating after missing it the first time.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Copps wrote:
    The 2nd run of the hulk's punisher progression reward was significantly easier to get, though I don't know if that was actually tweaked on their end, or people overcompensating after missing it the first time.
    Yeah, I meant reruns since they started their 'everyone must be able to compete!' scheme two months ago.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good point on the x3, probably prefer that anyways. If it is Loki and rags guess they are both going to get their required +10 levels of ISO for being buffed in an event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The current deal in the shop ends in 12 hours. I'd guarantee that the next round will have a different featured hero on the 3 essential nodes, which you will have better odds to obtain in a 10-pack.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope you're right!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    The current deal in the shop ends in 12 hours. I'd guarantee that the next round will have a different featured hero on the 3 essential nodes, which you will have better odds to obtain in a 10-pack.

Hmm, I overlooked that point, and you are correct. I had expected the same event token to persist throughout the entire event, but I was mistaken. Thanks for the correction!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Copps wrote:

It was easier to get the second time around but people also overcompensated too after missing the reward by about 200 points, so it was way easier to get due to the extra rubberbanding from people grinding out extra missions just to be safe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As I said: new hero this round: Loki it is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

And he is the next pvp event as well, Guess I will level his useless behind a bit...Not happy aboot it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

The only other Powered-Up 3*** character is Ragnarok, which likely means that he is the required character for Round 3. And guess what... most players will hit the progression tier for the Ragnarok cover in Round 2.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

The only other Powered-Up 3*** character is Ragnarok, which likely means that he is the required character for Round 3. And guess what... most players will hit the progression tier for the Ragnarok cover in Round 2.

And by making Falcon the first required character (complete with slightly higher % availability in tokens) means that people can't hoard their reward tokens from progression + first two sets of subs in the hopes of getting a string of covers for the new guy. Now they are looking down the barrel of Rags.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I remember the first time I came across one of these required nodes. One of them required me to have an IW cover in order to progress. Needing to place 1st in order to acquire a single IW cover, I knew there was no way that I could acquire an IW cover then. I persevered and eventually I earned not just IW but also an X-force. I also noticed that they would often use a hero in a required node if they had given him out as a placement reward. This made me try harder for placements so that I could earn those covers.

I am mostly a ftp player although I have spent money on roster slots and spider-man (funny thing is a week after I bought those covers they changed the cost of boosts and introduced crazy bad pve scaling which meant I didn't really have him as a crutch for that long) and to me this game has a rewarding progression structure. One day you're struggling to get past the zombie horde in the 600s and the next thing you know, you're placing top 5 consistently.

My point is, success in the game will come with determination and time if you learn to play the meta game. There's plenty of scope for a ftp player to do well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

And by making Falcon the first required character (complete with slightly higher % availability in tokens) means that people can't hoard their reward tokens from progression + first two sets of subs in the hopes of getting a string of covers for the new guy. Now they are looking down the barrel of Rags.
    Negative.

Higher chance for a hero featured in current nodes (so it's Loki now) affects only the 10pack. Normal single tokens look like this:
    Loki 1.0% chance
    Rags 1.0% chance
    Falcon 1.5% chance
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Better win some Loki covers in the Army of One tournament if you don't have him yet, or you'll be remaking this thread for round 2.