3 nodes with Falcon required??!

Options
Deimos12
Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
6 if you include both normal and hard.
Why not just put a Hero point cost on each node. What a freaking joke.

Comments

• This has been the case for every PVE. The hero released in the last one is required for nodes in the next one.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    I don't ever remember one character being required for this many nodes though.
    For example the Hunt that just ended had Thor, Torch and Cap required for certain nodes. Not one cover for 30% of the available missions.
    So if you didn't finish high enough in the last PVE for a falcon cover don't bother going for anything in this one. Since that was the only way to obtain a falcon cover outside of buying packs which don't even *guarantee* a cover anymore
  • Pretty sure it was like this on the last simulator. I recall there being Psylocked nodes that I couldn't play because I didn't have her and wasn't about to spend 3800 for a pack.

Now that there aren't even guaranteed heroes it's pretty much not worth the packs anymore.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    Exactly this! I find that a little ridiculous. It's not even a pay to win model. It's freaking pay to play. But not even that! It's pay to have a CHANCE to play!!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Pretty sure it was like this on the last simulator. I recall there being Psylocked nodes that I couldn't play because I didn't have her and wasn't about to spend 3800 for a pack.

Now that there aren't even guaranteed heroes it's pretty much not worth the packs anymore.

It's even worse for simulator packs: the chance of getting a falcon is 10% vs the 22% from a pvp pack featuring him.
    Deimos12 wrote:
    Exactly this! I find that a little ridiculous. It's not even a pay to win model. It's freaking pay to play. But not even that! It's pay to have a CHANCE to play!!

Meh, there were plenty of opportunities to grab Falcon in the past week through event progression awards: I would hardly call this model pay to play.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    Many opportunities?? You had an 1100 progression reward in the last pvp tournament that for the majority of players would have required the use of at least 3 shields to realistically achieve. Outside of that you had the rewards from the last pve. That's it.
  • The Simulator has always required a hero for 3 essential nodes, though the hero that's needed for the 3 nodes rotate between rounds. It's unclear if this will happen this time around.
  • Meh, there were plenty of opportunities to grab Falcon in the past week through event progression awards: I would hardly call this model pay to play.

Not sure about plenty. Hunt gave out 1/1/1 if you placed well. And Falcon PVP gave out 1 cover if you hit 1100, which while it was easier this time due to the shield glitch, still isn't something everyone can do. So if you're a relatively new-ish lower level player, you very well may not have one, and I could see being upset about not getting to play parts of it.
    My first 'big' event was the re-run of the hulk a little over a month ago. I recall BP and Punisher locked nodes. I didn't have either. At least then I could have ponied up the cash to buy one of them. Now that's not even a possibility.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:
    Many opportunities?? You had an 1100 progression reward in the last pvp tournament that for the majority of players would have required the use of at least 3 shields to realistically achieve. Outside of that you had the rewards from the last pve. That's it.

Oh whoops, I thought there was an extra PvP tournament that offered him. The current model they're using has been in place for forever: once you actually get the 3 most recent covers (which is far from impossible since they offer them in at least one PvP tournament), it becomes pretty easy to get into the loop so it's just a matter of playing until you reach that point.
  • And I've been doing exactly that, and it's been working well.
    Managed 1/1/1 Torch, 1/1/1 Falcon...heck my Lazyshield is up to 105 and fully covered at 3/5/5. That initial hurdle to getting the required ones to win the next ones is rough, but once there, smooth sailing.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    I guess my biggest problem has been the lack of a pvp which has rewarded falcon covers as placement prizes. I mean you've really only had one opportunity to gain covers through finishing an event and now they're cramming him down our throats as required to compete in this PVE
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    If the required character for those special nodes rotates for each set of subs it'll be less of an issue. That's been how Simulator worked in the past.

I'm having a hard time envisioning a huge number of players that have managed to score zero falcons so far but are so obsessed with maximizing performance in this event that missing a few nodes in the first set of subs will destroy their performance.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    It's not going to destroy my performance but I usually place decently well in PVE's. I got screwed on a couple of sub event finish times in the hunt and ended up with 93,000 points finishing somewhere in the 101-110 range... icon_cry.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:
    I guess my biggest problem has been the lack of a pvp which has rewarded falcon covers as placement prizes. I mean you've really only had one opportunity to gain covers through finishing an event and now they're cramming him down our throats as required to compete in this PVE

But they've done this for multiple events...it's most likely not going to change. In the past I would buy the featured character from the event pack, but they nerfed those into oblivion.

The featured pack for this event has almost every character in it. They're encouraging you to not spend HP.
  • Deimos12 wrote:
    It's not going to destroy my performance but I usually place decently well in PVE's. I got screwed on a couple of sub event finish times in the hunt and ended up with 93,000 points finishing somewhere in the 101-110 range... icon_cry.gif

That sucks. I had something similar happen to me with the yellow cover, but your situation is obviously worse. icon_e_sad.gif

I also don't remember the featured character being required for all three nodes, but I could just be forgetting how it was previously.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kavel wrote:
    If the required character for those special nodes rotates for each set of subs it'll be less of an issue. That's been how Simulator worked in the past.

I'm having a hard time envisioning a huge number of players that have managed to score zero falcons so far but are so obsessed with maximizing performance in this event that missing a few nodes in the first set of subs will destroy their performance.

One. Apparently, that number is one.
  • You had to get top 100 in a bracket size of 1000 in the Hunt. So discounting the alliance cover and the Top Gun progression reward which are even more difficult to get, ~90% of players do not have Falcon. It's not a stretch to say that more than 10% of the player base wants to do well in this PvE. That's pretty rough.
  • I didn't earn a cover but I know that's because I didn't try hard enough in the events he was a reward in though admittedly I don't know if my team is capable of the 1100 progression reward it was capable of the placement reward, but usually the featured hero in these events rotates so the next one will have a different hero featured most likely. makes it hard for me to place in the first one but shouldn't be too bad in the next one assuming I have the hero.
  • The simulator has rotating required characters right? And 4 sub refreshes. Having Falcon on the first one is actually the best to get out of the way for the players unable to get him, the points are at their lowest so you can overcome the loss later, assuming values increase in the simulator. I think they do.

Kind of want that red Rags, at least that one will be obtainable, last villain cover ho! Should have got it weeks before they changed the lightning round reward structure but wasn't motivated to do so.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Kavel wrote:

One. Apparently, that number is one.

Yes exactly this Mawtful. Your math is best. You are best. All should bow down to your best reasoning skills because we are all worst. icon_rolleyes.gif