Token Pull Exploit - CURRENT

Options
SangFroid
SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
As per Brigby's instructions I am starting a new discussion on the CURRENT status of the Token Pull Exploit. 

Questions about CURRENT status:
1) Is is the Token Pull Exploit fixed?
2) Are all of the historical Token Pull Exploits now closed?
3) If NO to either 1 or 2 what will the response by D3 to exploiters given the info below:

"We are going to be at a point very soon where 2 mid to low tier 5* are out of the latest tokens.  That will leave us with Spider Man and Dare Devil. Once Doc Ock is out of latest with the next 5*, who ever him or her will be.  Their will be a lot of people opening their hoards once Doc Ock is out. With this, will there be a new exploit that will happen?  If so, I fully expect players that never cheated to do so since this was never dealt with. "

While I know this will not be a popular subject for the Devs to answer I think it really needs to be addressed in fairness to all of the loyal players who have never exploited the game and to all of the people who spend money on this game and do not want to see their purchases completely devalued by cheating. 

//Removed Specific Details About Exploit -Brigby

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've seen a lot of stuff about this exploit, but I'm not sure I fully understand what happened. Can someone explain to me what people were doing?
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    revskip said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I've seen a lot of stuff about this exploit, but I'm not sure I fully understand what happened. Can someone explain to me what people were doing?
    Pretty sure that violates the first rule of fight club.
    Haha!! Figured the response would be along those lines, just so damn curious.... 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mobile formatting sucks. I'm quoting the guy directly above me. 
    So. I won't say how it worked or anything, but people were exploiting a bug to get favorable pulls from packs. More than that I can't say. I knew of it, but never thought it was worth the trouble to learn how to do it. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Not trying to be high and mighty, but it seems a tad pathetic to cheat a mobile game..... 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Not trying to be high and mighty, but it seems a tad pathetic to cheat a mobile game..... 
    where there is competition, there will always be those trying to gain an advantage against the rest
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    where there is competition, there will always be those trying to gain an advantage against the rest
    You're absolutely right, and I recognize that. But still..... SMH.... 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Pongie said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    You're absolutely right, and I recognize that. But still..... SMH.... 
    MPQ doping
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    @AlexxKats

Definitely seems a little backwards...
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    AlexxKats said:
    I just deleted 15 lines of text that i wrote to keep my account playing and not banned.

Because you can use the exploit and not get banned, but you cannot talk about who uses it and how to actually do it as that will result in ban
    Very true but you also left out that D3 says they can tell exactly who is using the exploit as well...but have done nothing to the exploiters and refuse to tell the community one way or another...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SangFroid said:
    AlexxKats said:
    I just deleted 15 lines of text that i wrote to keep my account playing and not banned.

Because you can use the exploit and not get banned, but you cannot talk about who uses it and how to actually do it as that will result in ban
    Very true but you also left out that D3 says they can tell exactly who is using the exploit as well...but have done nothing to the exploiters and refuse to tell the community one way or another...
    Reminds me somewhat of my store's dumb policy with shoplifters and refund exploiters.

If they go into the store and spend £50, but they then steal £20 worth of stuff they don't care that much. If you barred them from the store then you'd lose out on their £30.

It's such a small minded decision since it just sends the message out "This store's an easy target. Even if you get caught they won't do anything! It's 0 risk!"
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you talking about the exploit that effectively gave a 100% bonus hero chance (assuming you had enough time)?  I'm pretty sure they said they fixed that in one of the game updates before going silent on the issue.

Or is this a new one?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it's finally been fixed and people are allowed to talk about it freely, I'd love to hear what the whole thing was actually all about, since I never found out.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yea, I need to know. Between this cheat and the 25% 5* pull rate that was available to some people...I need to cheat to catch back up to those that were at the same roster strength as me...

#sarcasm #ItsAMobileGameAfterAll
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod Mode: ON**

Just  a friendly reminder that while it is not against the rules to bring up questions and concerns about possible exploits and cheating, it is strictly forbidden to provide information detailing such a method or practice. If you do have information regarding current or potential exploits or if you suspect a player of cheating, we ask that you send a message to CS. Thank you.

**Mod Mode: OFF**
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's the position on discussing problems the developers have said they've fixed?  Such information could only be used for cheating with the help of a time machine.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    jamesh said:
    What's the position on discussing problems the developers have said they've fixed?  Such information could only be used for cheating with the help of a time machine.
    ***Discussing exploits, past or present, is against the rules as discussing the nature of them can lead to others trying to figure out new and improved exploits by learning how they worked in the past. So please do not discuss how to do any exploits, even if they have been fixed. Thanks!***