System Reboot tomorrow...any information?

13»

Comments

• exirabit
    exirabit Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Pants1000 said:

They don't really need a different version, just put some 3* rewards along the way for the 3* players that can't finish the whole thing.  

I actually liked that it wasn't a complete pushover, like some previous similar events were.  With champed/boosted GR and KP it was easy, but at least it wasn't a 1 turn battle with Thanos.
    Humm yeah that would have helped and likely would solve my concern. Actually I would have really liked it. I mean I'm still in that phase of the game where I get a little excited whenever I get a new cover, but I'm also in the place where I wince when i get a single cover of something I dont have on my roster because I know how unlikely it is that I will see another one anytime soon and I will have to make hard choices between a new single cover 4* and 3* im more likely to be able to cover/use. 

I'm enjoying it as well, although much of it is kicking my **** an I have no idea if I'm going to manage to get the covers--and given the above, I'm not even sure what I will do with them :neutral:
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know the feeling, Growth Industry happened shortly after I first started playing. Just entering decent 3 star land while getting one or two of the 4 stars available at the time. 

Never beat it that first time, couldn't even get past the second or third node IIRC, but was thrilled when it rolled around again and was able to blow through with a more developed roster.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    exirabit said:
    Pants1000 said:

They don't really need a different version, just put some 3* rewards along the way for the 3* players that can't finish the whole thing.  

I actually liked that it wasn't a complete pushover, like some previous similar events were.  With champed/boosted GR and KP it was easy, but at least it wasn't a 1 turn battle with Thanos.
    Humm yeah that would have helped and likely would solve my concern. Actually I would have really liked it. I mean I'm still in that phase of the game where I get a little excited whenever I get a new cover, but I'm also in the place where I wince when i get a single cover of something I dont have on my roster because I know how unlikely it is that I will see another one anytime soon and I will have to make hard choices between a new single cover 4* and 3* im more likely to be able to cover/use. 

I'm enjoying it as well, although much of it is kicking my tinykitty an I have no idea if I'm going to manage to get the covers--and given the above, I'm not even sure what I will do with them :neutral:
    How far along are you battle wise? After the initial 2 battles you have to win 12 more to get both covers (11th and 12th win the covers). Then there are 2 more after that that just give 1000 ISO. So 12 battles in 7 days means you need to win about 3 battles every 2 days.

Keep plugging away and you should have a good chance if you have a deep 3* roster to work with. I won handily with only 4 4* champs so you don't need a broad 4* roster, just 3-4 top notch characters.

KGB

P.S. Does anyone know if the the scaling fixed or if it's based on roster level? I assumed it was based on your roster level.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

P.S. Does anyone know if the the scaling fixed or if it's based on roster level? I assumed it was based on your roster level.
    I'm assuming roster based because I don't think they set the Mockingbird node at 390 for everyone.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    KGB said:

I'm assuming roster based because I don't think they set the Mockingbird node at 390 for everyone.
    Must be, mine is 316.  

The last 4 nodes are all exactly 200, so those may be set or capped.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    This seems to me like a possible test run of a PvE eqivellent to PvP Simulator. 
    It had more of a mini-Gauntlet  feel to me as I played it through
  • exirabit

How far along are you battle wise? After the initial 2 battles you have to win 12 more to get both covers (11th and 12th win the covers). Then there are 2 more after that that just give 1000 ISO. So 12 battles in 7 days means you need to win about 3 battles every 2 days.

Keep plugging away and you should have a good chance if you have a deep 3* roster to work with. I won handily with only 4 4* champs so you don't need a broad 4* roster, just 3-4 top notch characters.

KGB

I've gotten all the way to the cover battles. Its certainly scaled in some why as my fights ranged from 130-250, and my roster caps out at 175. Sadly, I do NOT have a deep 3* roster--I have 4 champed 3* (IM40, Strange, lazythor and Patch). The rest of my 3s are hit or miss; I have IF at 3/5/3 and Hulk at 4/2/4. So, its been a struggle to find combos that will take down some of these 200+ nodes. 

Thats why I'm kinda sad about the rewards being 2 single covers of 4*. I dont even know if I will have the roster space for them and I KNOW i wont be able to cover them anytime soon.  :(
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    exirabit said:
    I've gotten all the way to the cover battles. Its certainly scaled in some why as my fights ranged from 130-250, and my roster caps out at 175. Sadly, I do NOT have a deep 3* roster--I have 4 champed 3* (IM40, Strange, lazythor and Patch). The rest of my 3s are hit or miss; I have IF at 3/5/3 and Hulk at 4/2/4. So, its been a struggle to find combos that will take down some of these 200+ nodes. 

Thats why I'm kinda sad about the rewards being 2 single covers of 4*. I dont even know if I will have the roster space for them and I KNOW i wont be able to cover them anytime soon.  :(
    That's weird.  For me the fights ranged from level 100 - 200, where my highest level character is 278.

Both of my Kingpin and Ghost Rider were single cover level 70 characters though.  I wonder if it was based on that?
  • exirabit
    jamesh said:
    exirabit said:
    I've gotten all the way to the cover battles. Its certainly scaled in some why as my fights ranged from 130-250, and my roster caps out at 175. 
    That's weird.  For me the fights ranged from level 100 - 200, where my highest level character is 278.

Both of my Kingpin and Ghost Rider were single cover level 70 characters though.  I wonder if it was based on that?
    Gah! that was a typo, it should have said enemies 100-160. Although its interesting that your highest is around 100 levels higher than mine and the diff is only 50 higher at worst....