System Reboot tomorrow...any information?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I had a quick check in the events forum, but there's nothing there that I could see. With this new thing happening on the 24th now, are we getting any info?

Or is it simply a Antman/TA Hulk type scenario of 5 nodes, finish them for covers? The impression I was getting was that this would be a regular thing. I love the idea of new features, but that just makes me hungry for info. Also, leaving something like this to message board speculation is rarely a good idea...

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    You've got everything I've seen on the forums.

Starts tomorrow, completion gets you some ISO, a random Ghost Rider, and a random Kingpin.

We could presume/assume things, make some educated guesses (running alongside a Boss event would indicate it's more likely to be like Growth Industry or Amadeus' Inferno than a regular event, but that's still guesswork). I suspect it'll become "regular" in that it'll run each season when there's a character update. But again, guesswork.

We really don't know anything yet, could be simple nodes that'll blend in with DDQ, could be something more unique (the Cho event has that one crazy Hulk wave fight, Guardians introduced the asteroid "Hazards" that dropped neutral countdowns to shake up the board, this event could theoretically contain stuff like that, but, for a third time, it's all guesswork, haha).
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I hope dd5 won't be essential to this story
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a system reboot. All your iso, CP and HP will be wiped out and reset to zero. Likewise all progress you have ever made, thus forcing you renew acquaintances with a lv1 IM35.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited August 2017
    mexus said:
    When is this supposed to start?
    Edit: System Reboot should start at 8pm EDT, 8 hours after Galactus Hungers started
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Brigby said:
    mexus said:
    System Reboot should start at 8pm PDT, 8 hours after Galactus Hungers started
    Awesome.
    Sooooooo...............any more info? o.o
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd expect the formal post about the end of day 5pm PST, right before they walk out the door.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    mexus said:

Should that read EDT?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Brigby said:
    mexus said:

Should that read EDT?
    I'm not a huge fan of time zones, as you can tell. :p 

You're correct. It should say EDT. I've corrected my original comment.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Thanks @Brigby

I had a feeling the secrecy was due to wanting to keep certain things a surprise, but the whole thing was basically a surprise at this point o.o

From the sounds of it, I hope this kind of thing becomes a regular feature. Like a seasonal DDQ maybe?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I shall wait with popcorn for all the people that have neither character rostered complaining that they cant play the events.  :D
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    13,000 ISO for what I assume will be very little work. Sure. I can live with that. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Skrofa said:
    I hope dd5 won't be essential to this story

I hope he is.
    We haven't had a forum meltdown in like 3 weeks, it's high time for one.

We're about to get some meltdowns from people because the Kingpin "buff" is actually a major "nerf".
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    I shall wait with popcorn for all the people that have neither character rostered complaining that they cant play the events.  :D
    You can earn a cover from both characters by completing 2 other nodes in the event ;) 
    Oh, well thats a relief then. Your other post made it sound like you could only take part in the event if you had them rostered already. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    So a regular 7 day event, a boss alliance event and a new reboot event at the same time.  Ouch my health packs.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    So a regular 7 day event, a boss alliance event and a new reboot event at the same time.  Ouch my health packs.
    Last day of one, 8 hour cooldowns on the second, and a third that might take half an hour. I hope you can survive such an onslaught.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    My times and yours aren't the same you know. 
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    My times and yours aren't the same you know. 
    Regardless of time, it's the last day of the first event, the second is on an 8 hour timer, and the last one gives you a week to complete what amounts to a node or so a day if you spread it out to an insanely long time.