System Reboot tomorrow...any information?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys could've put A LITTLE effort into this event.  No story? Not even a single line of text? I put more effort into this post.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    So a regular 7 day event, a boss alliance event and a new reboot event at the same time.  Ouch my health packs.
    And a new season of pvp starting up too.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
     Cons:

1.  Allow for infinite replays but with no rewards or small token rewards.  These are the perfect nodes for people to play when they have a few min, but are not ready to break from a shield strategy, or giveup pve points.  Allowing for a few replays would be great for people to experiment on teams and get a real sense of how effective/creative they can become.
    I've only completed "Combat Test 4", but so far all the nodes are still open/replayable. Unless they lock out the event once you've completed everything, then it looks like this will be a great way to test out different teams/strategies. The only downside I can see if the 7 day limit (rather than being something which exists for the whole season).
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
     Cons:

1.  Allow for infinite replays but with no rewards or small token rewards.  These are the perfect nodes for people to play when they have a few min, but are not ready to break from a shield strategy, or giveup pve points.  Allowing for a few replays would be great for people to experiment on teams and get a real sense of how effective/creative they can become.
    I've only completed "Combat Test 4", but so far all the nodes are still open/replayable. Unless they lock out the event once you've completed everything, then it looks like this will be a great way to test out different teams/strategies. The only downside I can see if the 7 day limit (rather than being something which exists for the whole season).
    LOL my eyes are bad

saw the green checks and asumed the node was locked out.  LOL.

That was my only real criticism of the event and its not even valid anymore LOL.

This is a great format when your bored and you want to play 1 or 2 nodes.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This seems to me like a possible test run of a PvE eqivellent to PvP Simulator. It's a little short but other than I'd be ok with that. I like the ode of it showing if changed characters and providing a cover for them. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Ran the whole thing with Carndusa and Grocket (except for essentials) in about a hour. Not one health pack needed.

Fun event, even though my GR cover was red for my already 3/5/3. 

Add about 20 more fight nodes and progression we could have a season pve event.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I haven't completed this yet, and I'm in no rush, because I really don't have room for either of these characters. But I love the idea and I think the execution works really well too! The fights are more challenging than I expected based on previous, similar events. But as has been said, that's perfect for no-pressure practise. 

I hope that you do this every season, even if there aren't any reworks.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    FYI it looks like to get the covers/complete it you have to already have them rosters.  The first two nodes are clearly loaners, but the later ones that grant the covers appear to need you to have them.  I can't say this for sure because I already had them rostered.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    broll said:
    FYI it looks like to get the covers/complete it you have to already have them rosters.  The first two nodes are clearly loaners, but the later ones that grant the covers appear to need you to have them.  I can't say this for sure because I already had them rostered.
    No, check the nodes.

The essentials award 1000 ISO, the ones giving out the covers are loaner nodes.
    Yellow rings, "join forces".
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    revskip said:
    So a regular 7 day event, a boss alliance event and a new reboot event at the same time.  Ouch my health packs.
    Proving once again that no matter what someone will find something to complain about.  
    if you think ouch my health packs is a serious complaint, you should get out more.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    My two cents:  Finished it in 35 minutes while simultaneously watching my son's football practice.  Some of the nodes could have been finessed a little more, but I didn't wipe once.  Wish there was some storyline for a one-off.

Scaling seemed high, probably closer to end-cap levels in standard CL8, so not too bad.

Wish there was some repeatability though.  For an event that runs 7 days, it wasn't 7 days worth of content.  The nodes should refresh daily, if only for Iso.  

This next week's going to be super iso-dry until the Hunt on Sunday.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:

Wish there was some repeatability though.  For an event that runs 7 days, it wasn't 7 days worth of content.  The nodes should refresh daily, if only for Iso.  

Its for no Iso, but the nodes are actually replayable. I made the same mistake as well.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Event was fine. For not a large investment of time and no health packs, I don't mind facing random threesoms.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that Kingpin was a champ level and I pulled a Rider green to make him 5/3/5.

I'm torn on if the even should be longer; what they SHOULDN'T do is make it a standard event with 5+ clears for rewards and placement. This fits into the very nice special event bucket like the ant-man and cho intro events. Even the timing is good, running against Galactus with the long timers and a 4* PVE which is a health-pack drain.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    It felt like a replacement of the old 7 day Gauntlet PvE in the way each fight ramped up in levels and the lack of dialogue.

I did it in 2 sittings interrupted by the need to finish a final push on the Sentry PvE.

My only complaint is with the 4* cover reward. Those of us with under covered Kingpins/Ghost Riders with 5 in one color risk getting a useless cover. Of course my 2/2/5 Kingpin drew a 6th Yellow which will have to be turned into ISO. My Rider has so few covers he could use his.

It would be nice if special events like this at least offered a unique cover that could be applied to the 3 color of choice. I know this is wanted for tokens in general but it would be very nice to at least get it in special one time only events like this.

KGB
  • exirabit
    exirabit Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I'm enjoying it, however it would have been nice if they had offered multiple levels of this with different rewards. I know that most of the people posting here have broad well fleshed out 4* rosters, but for people who dont this was TOUGH (and I dont even know if I'm going to be able to get the covers at all). It would have been great if they had a version of this for the 3* crowd that gave something else.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    exirabit said:
    I'm enjoying it, however it would have been nice if they had offered multiple levels of this with different rewards. I know that most of the people posting here have broad well fleshed out 4* rosters, but for people who dont this was TOUGH (and I dont even know if I'm going to be able to get the covers at all). It would have been great if they had a version of this for the 3* crowd that gave something else.
    They don't really need a different version, just put some 3* rewards along the way for the 3* players that can't finish the whole thing.  

I actually liked that it wasn't a complete pushover, like some previous similar events were.  With champed/boosted GR and KP it was easy, but at least it wasn't a 1 turn battle with Thanos.