1 V.S 1 tournament, who is your champion?

13»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Peggy would be pretty useless in a 1-on-1 fight, wouldn't she?

I guess the only correct answer here is 'Gambit'. Passives have finally evolved to the point where we don't even need to match for AP anymore, so he must be the best.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    1 - Juggernaut
    2 - Ares
    3 - Gambit
    4 - Blade
    5 - Gambit
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Peggy wouldnt have to stun. She'd slow your ap production and hammer you with red
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Even against Peggy, it's a race for Iceman to get 9 blue before Peggy gets 9 red. I'm assuming this fictional one-on-one battle is man vs. AI, so I like my chances. After the initial stun, you have 4 turns to gather purple and blue and chain stun anyone to death.
  • corytutor
    Hes definitely a good choice.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    1* Jugg
    2* Ares
    3* Gambit
    4* Iceman
    5* Silver Surfer based off of my 5* champed
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggernaut
    Ares
    Widow
    Iceman
    Don't know the 5* tier
  • corytutor
    Interesting to see so many pick ares as the 2* 
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    3* scarlet witch: always 5 turn stun. 
    4* gamora: her red and black are more powerful than iceman in 1 vs 1 PVP
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    1* Juggernaut 
    2* Black Widow
    3* Scarlet Witch
    4* Vulture
    5* Silver Surfer 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I considered Vulture and Gamora in the 4* tier, but here's why I went Bobby over both:

Vulture's airborne power needs to be fueled by teammates. Once he's airborne, he's essentially "stunned" and cannot collect more black, so he's gonna have to land. At that point Iceman simply stuns him and match is over. He is a great support character but not a solo artist.

Gamora
    is pretty close and would be a good choice. Her stun is slightly shorter but costs the same and creates strikes and attacks to help chip away. The fact that both would be clearing the board of purple would help her Deadliest Woman power end the match. To me, Iceman's ability to fuel his stun is the tie-breaker: once he's able to fire purple or blue, he can pretty much chain-stun the opponent to death. Gamora's red and black, while solid powers, do not fuel her blue to stun and she'd be relying on blue-only matches.

• Dormammu
    corytutor said:
    Ares is far and away the best 2-star in the game. He is a beast who out-performs several 3-stars in terms of potential damage output. In a 1-on-1 situation he's going to pulverize any other 2-star and he could probably take a few threes as well.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    corytutor said:
    Ares is far and away the best 2-star in the game. He is a beast who out-performs several 3-stars in terms of potential damage output. In a 1-on-1 situation he's going to pulverize any other 2-star and he could probably take a few threes as well.
    I actually think obw is the best 2*.  But ares is almost certainly the second best, and the best tank.
  • Dormammu
    OBW is the best utility 2-star with her ability to steal AP and heal or prolong counters, but if I can only pick one 2-star to go into battle with it's either Ares or Torch.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Dormammu said: 
    corytutor said:
    I actually think obw is the best 2*.  But ares is almost certainly the second best, and the best tank.
    OBW is the best on a team. One on one, she doesn't have an attack and is low on HP. Ares is the 2* tank.