1 V.S 1 tournament, who is your champion?

Options
talleman
talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
If there was a 1 V.S 1 tournament who would you choose as your champion in each tire?

1* ?
2* ?
3* ?
4* ?
5* ?

Lets say that the champion you choose in each tire is the one you will battle with until defeated. You will get max health after each won battle and if you loose your out.

Who would you choose? :)

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1* Juggernaut
    2* Ares
    3* Captain Marvel
    4* Invisible Woman
    5* Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1* Juggs
    2* Storm or OBW
    3* Strange
    4* Iceman
    5* Strange

Anyone that can stun is nearly unbeatable in 1-on-1. Takes a really bad board to mess that up.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Juggernaut
    2. Mags
    3. IM40
    4. Medusa
    5. Hawkeye
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    3* Strange

Anyone that can stun is nearly unbeatable in 1-on-1. Takes a really bad board to mess that up.
    I agree though I'm not sure Dr. Strange would be effective as he works best hiding behind others and blasting away goons with his yellow. Against a non-goon opponent his yellow isn't as attractive because it means you're getting hit by powers, not harmless countdowns, and the trade-off in damage isn't going to be in Strange's favor more often than not. With his squishy health that isn't good. His blue is a great power but you'd probably need 2-3 casts of it to down a beefy opponent and that's AP intensive.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) Spiderman
    2) Magneto
    3) Vision
    4) Carol
    5) Panther if we're granted full covers.  From my own roster, OML is the only option.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1* - Juggernaut
    2* - Daken
    3* - Scarlet Witch
    4* - Luke Cage
    5* - With my roster, no one... lol  Spider-Man?
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    1* - Juggernaut
    2* - Daken
    3* - Spider-Man (if being by himself gives the higher damage for yellow), otherwise Steve Rogers
    4* - Medusa
    5* - Hawkeye (only well covered 5* currently)

• Dormammu
    Options
    I like the suggestions of 3* Spider-Man and Vision. Vision especially - he would destroy all as soon as his HEAVY tile hit the board. Spider-Man could protect himself with defense tiles and stun until he got enough yellow for the big blammo.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1*: Juggernaut 
    2*: OBW
    3*: Vision 
    4*: Vulture
    5*: Hawkeye
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1)Juggs
    2)Wolvie - some healing, a huge nuke.  
    3)Spidey or Vision.  
    4)Punisher - that black solo.   
    5)Don't know the tier well enough
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You are all wrong! All of your toons are stunned!

All of your base are belong to us!
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 - Iron Man (Juggs is strong, but I don't like that his red hurts him too)
    2 - OBW
    3 - Patch (or R&G) 
    4 - Tough call - Carol / Riri / Spider Woman - all have great nukes 
    5 - Don't know the tier well enough, I guess I'll take Silver Surfer for the healing
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1* - Spiderman (cheap abilities, a stun...and he's Spider-man)

2* - Thor (just because his powers self-feed AP to slightly reduce potential for being color-screwed)

3* - Patch (automatic self heal plus two good attack powers; his Clash of the Mad Titan was ridiculously easy...collect red AP, win)

4* - Riri or Mordo (surprisingly, this past week of PVP has taught me the value of Mordo against teams which can't spend AP in all colors, which 1v1 obviously can't).

5* - I have no idea, but Hawkeye's self-feeding red/blue AP could tip the scales, in theory.  Mine is only 1/1/1, so I can't intelligently comment on him in the 5* game.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Daredevil yet in the 3* world.  Once his stuns fires, you have a 1-turn window every 3 turns to match it away or you're doomed.  Get a couple of them out there and it doesn't really matter who you are, you aren't getting another turn.  Yeah, his other powers aren't great, but infinite stun lock kinda trumps everything.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4* Kate Bishop -three high damage powers to a single enemy and strikes created as well
    3* Patch
    2* black widow
    1* jugs
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    1* Juggs

2* Thor

3* Scarlet Witch (5 Turn stun is a looooong time)

4*  Iceman/Nova/Riri, but probably Iceman (4 turn stun is a loooong time)

5*  As my personal roster stands, GG.  If they were maxed, probably Spidey
  • Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    1*: Juggs
    2*: Storm
    3*: Cap
    4*: Iceman
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1*: spiderman (cheap stun. Decent damage and board shake)
    2*: ares (no d at all, but fastest offesnse in tier and obw is a bit too weak without strikes)
    3*: no clear option.  Strang3, marv3l, daredevil, hawkguy all viable.
    4*: iceman or g4mora. (Both have a solid mix of damage and cheap stuns that last. Medusa, yondu, nova, wasp, and spider gwen are also decent choices).
    5*: 5trange, maybe non-black spidey (again, cheaper/longer stuns are king in 1v1. . .so maybe SS is also a good choice if you don't need to win fast).
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1* Spidey
    2* Ares
    3* DD is definitely a good choice. Otherwise, I'll go with 3* Gamora.
    4* Nobody loves Agent Venom who can spam his black without having to worry about anything ? Otherwise, x23 or Elektra can be a pain too.
    5* Well, I have zero experience in this land.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This is assuming all characters are fully covered and a simple tier by tier comparison, not based on your current roster.  Not sure if that is what OP was meaning but that is how I am looking at it:

1* Juggernaut - for damage and health compared to other 1*
    2* Ares - for 3 damage abilities
    3* Daredevil - for blue stun lock (9 blue AP and the match is nearly over, 18 blue and the match is over)
    4* Ghost Rider - for black penance stare since the AI doesn't have the ability to hold back on firing powers 
    5* Black Panther - not too sure as I don't have much experience with this tier but he seems pretty nasty

Beside the 5* tier, the 3* and 4* tier had some good choices quality arguments for choices.

IM40 was a close call for 3* since you can simply yellow quickly into his red and blue, which should kill most 3* but the 2 turn self stun might allow the opposing character too much opportunity to get to their good power first.

In 4* land, R&G was an initial thought due to all of the tiles they put out but they are fairly squishy and unlucky tile placement could really decrease their effectiveness.  4* Cyclops is always an option too as his yellow and blue abilities would feed his red blast so quickly in a 1vs1 situation.  Iceman is of course always a valid pick due to his self feeding build and 4 turn stuns.