Anyone else craving a couple of new 2*?

Options
13»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the developers make me a 2-star the Dread One will not be pleased. Perhaps a 2-star version of Dr. Strange, or that imbecile Mordo. Such an insult would befit men of their ilk.

In fact, I'm certain that the reason I am not in the game yet is that the developers are reserving me as the first 6-star character.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'll go against the grain here and suggest that they remove some characters.  If they remove one that you have, you get to apply those covers to the character (s) of your choice with the same * rating.  You are also reimbursed for all of the ISO used to level up said character.

There could even be a poll / contest as to who gets the boot first.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There could even be a poll / contest as to who gets the boot first.
    You better not be looking at Bagman.  Them's fightin' words.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd be ok with it if it were all X-Men/Mutants. I'd just take my new 2*, go down to SCL 1 or 2 and never look back.
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    There was talk of an All New X-Men 2* Cyclops for a while. I was bummed when it didn't happen. I think an All New X-men Beast would be nice too. For that matter, give us a modern or 90s era Ice-Man because I hate the artwork for the current Ice-Man so much.
    I say give us more 2*s, what does it hurt? If you don't want them, don't add roster slots and don't recruit them..
  • OldManWolvs
    OldManWolvs Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Eliminate the 1* tier or bump them all to 2*. And more 2*/3* would be cool either way.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wouldnt mind a new 2* AOE alternative to stormneto.  Something to use while rebuilding these 2 when theyre sold
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd definitely welcome a few more 2*s, for the farm, as others have mentioned. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have two words for the op.
    HELL NO !!!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ECOcrush said:
    I say give us more 2*s, what does it hurt? If you don't want them, don't add roster slots and don't recruit them..
    You know that for any type of serious/competitive play all 2* (sans Bagman) are a neccesity.

While I'm pro more 2's (especially if their release meant a break in the 3/4/5 release schedule), I would love it more if they gave us 2 or 3 star only events, where we got more use out of the characters we have. I feel like the game could be so much more and have greater longevity if they did more with what we have rather than continually pumping out a new shiny every other week.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't object to more 2*s. But the BIG STICKING ISSUE for me would be that they have to be a standalone release, not tagged on to another higher tier character. No cheating with 5+3 or 4+2. ONE CHARACTER AT A TIME. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* Hobo D-Man so Bagman has some company.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am all for more 2 and 3 stars the more the merrier, the more combos, strategies and options available the better.  But if they do just lower the cost of a new slot to 500 :)
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It would waste of another 1000hp. The only purpose a two star has is farm and trying to survive Court Death. No more 2s.
  • Qubort
    Options
    purplemur said:
    oh forum, with your old bones, outdated takes on the game! your so 2014;
    the GAME has moved on?, uhm you may have but 60% of the game is based on NOT 4* release cycle. 
    It does seem to be de rigueur that the forum has the personal justification blinders on, but I think ya'll forgot about a very important part of the game:
    New Players!
    you know that segment of the population that hasn't been playing for a year and has ZERO champed 4's, the ones that 5 scl brackets are aimed at? The reason for Prologue? The ones who probably havn't discovered the forum yet. The ones that industry wide are more likely to make an impulse purchase. The ones that we are repeatedly being surveyed if would we refer a friend about. Look in the mirror: not you! 
    Do you even remember struggling with 2* bullseye? remember how BA cap'n is? remember when call the storm was like BOOM=I win! Remember when you first champed you first toon and things STARTED to look up. That part of the game where finally some momentum would build.  That part of the game could use some freshness. 

I'm confused. If the player you're speaking of is new, everything is fresh to them. By adding more 2s, you actually prolong how long it takes to move into a new tier. I agree those times of building your roster and all the milestones that go with it were very exciting. However, I don't wish I was stuck at that level for a longer period of time.
  • Qubort
    Options
    ECOcrush said:
    There was talk of an All New X-Men 2* Cyclops for a while. I was bummed when it didn't happen. I think an All New X-men Beast would be nice too. For that matter, give us a modern or 90s era Ice-Man because I hate the artwork for the current Ice-Man so much.

And then not be able to compete in PVE because they'll be essential and miss days of dailies.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was in the 2* tier before champions were introduced, so maybe my experience was different than how it would be today. But I never had all 14 2*s until I was farming them after having a bunch of 4* champs. Do new players avoid waste as much as veterans? I remember selling off single covers of 3*s to open roster spots, and I only kept Thor, Storm, and Magneto as my 2*s for a long time. If a new 2* was good enough to be someone's DDQ roster, then it shouldn't slow them down I don't think.
    I'd like a new 2* mainly as a feeder for a 3*, but some 2*s have pretty decent abilities. I would be happy with another 2* to farm at least