Anyone else craving a couple of new 2*?

Options
Dr_Booom
Dr_Booom Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Current trend is roughly 1x 3*&5* cover release for every 3 or so new 4*.  The number of 4* is at some point going to make up over half of the covers in the game and I increasingly feel this tier is becoming a little bloated.  I know 2* covers may seem a little lame to high level players, but because of farming they are still relevant, easy to collect, and allow a feed into linked 3* covers.  I have 40+ 4* champs and am at Shield rank 102 so would describe myself as an experienced 4* player, but would be far more excited about new releases if they had a series of new 2* characters.  Maybe it could be a 2* themed season or something.  This would add more variety for the farming, but as so many PvE battles are against the same 14 2* it may make the gameplay feel less repetitive.  

I appreciate this this will likely never happen as presumably the 4&5* releases are more lucrative for the developers who need to get paid.  Ironically in my case I may be more likely spend money on heroics as would be fun to get more diverse 2* chaff.

Comments

• elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    uhm NO! I think we have plenty of them as it is
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No.  I still get annoyed every time they do a new 3*.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd be in favor of a 2* iron man so I can keep getting IM40 covers from my farm. Other than that I think we're good though.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wouldn't mind a couple of extra feeder 2*s.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I'd be in favor of a 2* iron man so I can keep getting IM40 covers from my farm. Other than that I think we're good though.
    I almost mentioned Iron man as a possible exception also.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No. The game has moved way beyond that. A new 3* here and there is fine, but no more 2*.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd be ok with it. I feel like a lot of high level players, forget about the long road to 4* or 5* land. I think a few more 2* and 3* would be good for the newer players. It doesn't help my roster at all, but I think it would be fun.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Absolutely, 2 star Jugs with 3 powers that feeds some 3 star that has no champ feeder. Actually I would add enough 2s to give every 3 star a champ companion. 2 star farms are fun.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't bother me. The over-bloated 4-star tier could use a break from the constant flood of releases. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was just thinking this morning that some new 2*s to farm would actually be nice, if only to increase the number of 3* characters being fed.  I'd love a 2* that offered Mystique as a champ reward for example.  It would speed up (gradually) my efforts to fully cover my 0/1/2 Iceman.

As some have already stated it would make DDQ, essential nodes, etc a little more interesting as well.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Caveat being that they point to desirable 3*s and that they don't create a boatload of them.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly, I wish the game would just phase out all 1 stars and turn those that unique into 2s. 

It's one of the biggest setbacks of the game that you have to build up your 1s in the beginning and later sell them all off for practically nothing.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A 2* that will generate Mystique would be nice so i can get some more Iceman covers.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll said:
    No.  I still get annoyed every time they do a new 3*.

Why? Because you can't utilize them at your level? Or is it because they are just cheap copies of the 5*? 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Caveat being that they point to desirable 3*s and that they don't create a boatload of them.
    Sign me up here.

Since 3 star, 4 star, and 5 star development has vastly outstripped 2 star development, I'd be interested in a new one for every 15 to 20 of the others. I don't want a whole bunch of new ones, but a new one now and then would add some interesting flavor to the game.

My other caveat being that I think the number of roster slots you get early on as a new player should be increased so that it's not straining that end of the system (I think it's pretty overloaded as it is and that's one place I'd like to see looked at as part of current game balance/dilution issues).
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would absolutely love a few more 2* characters. Let's be honest, the 1* tier is pretty brief so most new players are cutting their teeth with 2* characters and what, maybe only half of them are core characters? The rest are the weird Dark Reign tie-ins, which is outdated and largely forgotten by the game. It's particularly confusing for fans who entered the game through MCU fandom, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's caused some attrition.

Personally, I have 20 champed 4* characters so I only use the 2*'s when they're required. For me, they are pure farm. While adding more 2*'s wouldn't give us more ISO, HP, CP, or XP (since the number of tokens we're pulling from would stay the same), it would give the opportunity for more feeders. Say, 2* Iron Man to 3* Iron Man.

What I'd really like to see is more recognition from the devs that 2* farming is where it's at, encouraging us to fully engage in that tier — they can do that with a buff to 2* champ rewards. Increase the ISO, HP, and covers, and also increase the max champed sell-back price, as additional 2*'s would mean that it will take us longer to get there due to dilution. 

It would technically be trickle-up economics, but darn it, it would work. Capillary action is very real.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rest are the weird Dark Reign tie-ins, which is outdated and largely forgotten by the game. It's particularly confusing for fans who entered the game through MCU fandom, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's caused some attrition.
    Following up on this, I don't understand why they make the 5* characters the MCU versions and many of the 2* characters semi-obscure Dark Reign versions. If they're trying to catch new players (and spenders) through MCU fandom, wouldn't they want the most popularized versions to be entry-level or at least somewhat attainable? 99.9% of new players will never reach the 5* tier. That tier should really be reserved for hardcore comic fan favorites. When we get a 5* Thor it shouldn't be the MCU Thor from Ragnorok, it should be the All-Father Thor with the arm of the Destroyer. Just re-skin 2* Thor with MCU art.