Anyone else craving a couple of new 2*?

Options

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    No.  I still get annoyed every time they do a new 3*.

Why? Because you can't utilize them at your level? Or is it because they are just cheap copies of the 5*? 
    Well, a little column A, a little column B...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm all for it, I'd be happy with some new 2* feeders for my 3* and I agree I think it would help newer players also. That tier is easy to build at any level and amazingly thin.... 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think we've had a "new" 2* since Cap Marvel, so it seems reasonable to add another sometime.  We don't need a flood of new 2*'s, but one every 9-12 months would certainly not ruin 2* farming or bog the game down.  New 1*'s wouldn't bother be either (1* Spider-Man is awesome, after all), but I'd prefer 1* champions, just to give standard tokens a purpose to people beyond the 1-->2 transition (especially assuming 1* farming could be a thing).

As for the 3* versions of 5*'s, I actually really like what they did with Hawkeye and Thanos, where the fundamental abilities were similar, but the 5* had that little bit extra to make them clearly superior.  3* Star Lord was a solid 3* character, but the 5* needs a little something extra to justify his existence in the tier.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wouldn't say no to a few new 2*, but maybe they could start as NPC, just so you'd play against something else than the Dark Avengers?

If they're popular, they might become playable (I assume that was the idea for Gorgon) and you'd get a new 2* every 6 months or so.

And I like the idea of championing the 1*: make them useful again, especially if 1* Spidey feeds into Bagman ;) 

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was hoping that they make a 4* Daredevil and make a 2* version of this.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love some new 2* characters providing there was a place where they could get consistent usage, and not just DDQ. It's not like I can use any of the 5* characters.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    purplemur said:
    TL;DR - more 2*/3*s and mutants!
    I agree with that, specially the mutants part! A new 2* from time to time wouldn't hurt the game, and would make it a better experience for all, beginners and farmers. It would be even better to use some missing color schemes among the 2/3*s, like Red/Yellow/Purple or Black/Yellow/Purple.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I wish they would. When I was new it was always sad when there was a new release because either I had little chance of getting it or if I did the roster space was usually better used for something else.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    No.  I still get annoyed every time they do a new 3*.

Why? Because you can't utilize them at your level? Or is it because they are just cheap copies of the 5*? 
    1. Because they are cheap copies.
    2. Because as a completionist I want to champ them but it's ISO being taken away from my current focus of champing 4*s
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about if @brigby could tell us what the grand plan for the ever increasing 4* tier is ? ;)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One.  I want one more 2*.  A 2* Iron Man to replace Hawkeye's reward change.
  • Zeta_zero
    Zeta_zero Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They should totally give Craig his Dazzler as a 2*....
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I too would not mind another two or two.  For the offseason event with a 2/3/4 requirement (balance?) it's fun finding synergy with the other tiers so they're more than just an easy target.  And I wouldn't mind a little more variety for DDQ.  I tend to cycle between HE/CMag/Ares and CMag/Thor/Storm, only using other characters when CMags is cycling or more than one of his partners is.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    I too would not mind another two or two.  For the offseason event with a 2/3/4 requirement (balance?) it's fun finding synergy with the other tiers so they're more than just an easy target.  And I wouldn't mind a little more variety for DDQ.  I tend to cycle between HE/CMag/Ares and CMag/Thor/Storm, only using other characters when CMags is cycling or more than one of his partners is.
    That event is Combined Arms and it is, IMO, the best off-season PVP event. Much more strategy there than just use your best boosted. Balance of Power is where everyone in your roster is boosted to 550, also a fun event
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, because I need new teams for the 2* dew stages, as well as more plants for my 2* champ farm!
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm honestly surprised we don't already have a 2* Deadpool, given he's the game's unofficial mascot. 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wouldn't want more 2*. I don't even have enough roster spots for the current characters; in fact, I wish they'd release new characters a little more rarely and give us the chance to play the ones we currently have without the power creep.

Also, 3* are so easy to get once you're starting to have some champed 4*, that their covers are worth less than the hp or cp you get from farming. And if you just want some more hp and cp, just farm dupes.

As for the newer players, they're struggling even harder with roster spots since 3*, even 4* start flowing in for them long before they finish the prologue (my niece has her own account and she's got 6 rooster spots and 4* from tokens!). There's no time to get bored of your 2*- not anymore.

A change from the Dark Avengers- that I would welcome though.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    No thanks