Options

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    @Brigby

Now that a new 4 Star is being introduced, what is going to be done about the vault dilution that was just re-introduced? Seems like it will take a long time to cover any new 4 star entering the game unless you spend your life savings on the game.
    The new 12 releases will always have a 3X chance of being in the tokens you pull. So the only dilution you are talking about, is going to affect the rest of the tokens, the vintage ones. 

I haven't pulled a new release since the change has been implemented  and Ive opened a hand full of legendary tokens. Also it's still dilution. You took packs that were 12 in size and bumped them up to 50+ without warning. That's the definition of dilution. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    @Brigby

Now that a new 4 Star is being introduced, what is going to be done about the vault dilution that was just re-introduced? Seems like it will take a long time to cover any new 4 star entering the game unless you spend your life savings on the game.
    The new 12 releases will always have a 3X chance of being in the tokens you pull. So the only dilution you are talking about, is going to affect the rest of the tokens, the vintage ones. 

I haven't pulled a new release since the change has been implemented  and Ive opened a hand full of legendary tokens. Also it's still dilution. You took packs that were 12 in size and bumped them up to 50+ without warning. That's the definition of dilution. 
    I don't want to argue on something that was already said on this forum... but you have to learn some matemathical statistics. You had 100% chance of having a new release before, now you have 50% change of getting new, and 50% of getting vintage. It doesn't matter how many covers are in total. Yes, it's still a form of dilution, but it's the best of both worlds for now (vaulting and the real dilution before vaulting). Do I want a better solution ? Of course, but like I said, this topic is not about this problem. If you want to argue about dilution, there are at least 2 topics on that matter :)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the important takeaway from this is an excuse to turn the game sound back on. :-)
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mixed bag for me on Yondu. I'm very, very happy they added a new character in the game. That is always a plus over variants. However, the push of the Inhumans/GotG by Marvel means that although I'll get new characters it will rarely be anyone I want.

I can't say enough how I wish Disney would use that seemingly unlimited supply of money to get Marvel its properties back.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I read that right, it seems they reversed the quality order of the abilities. Traditionally the most combat-ready technique is the first cover ability, which they make it the hardest to get, and etc. That's very welcome, considering I may very well end up t50 for this event if I'm lucky with the new scaling. So if you can pull off a t20, you actually go into next event with his best abilities. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    @Brigby

Well that's not technically correct. What you mean to say is that the latest 12 releases have a fixed 42.5% chance of being pulled from a legendary token, for a total chance per new character of ~3.54%. THAT is what is staying the same, albeit half the previous rate of ~7.08% when those 12 characters were the only 4*s available in tokens.

The "3x" tag is only currently true because there are (roughly) 3 times as many "vintage" 4*s as there are latest 4*s. After a while they'll actually be 4x more likely individually than an individual vintage 4*.

But yes, introducing new 4*s does not undermine the ability to cover the latest 12 4*s any further. The vintage 4* odds will continue to drop, although not by a meaningful amount per release.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the new character, Yondu.

If you wish to discuss the new token draw-rates, then please discuss it in this thread:
    Vintage Characters Returning to Packs Thank you!*
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby yondu will boost r&g strike tiles by being on the team with him, correct? 
  • Brigby
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @Player1575. Reading the article, it appears that Yondu creates Strike tiles, but does not boost them.

If Yondu and Rocket & Groot were on the same team, then both characters would just create a large number of Strike tiles throughout the duration of the game.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @Player1575. Reading the article, it appears that Yondu creates Strike tiles, but does not boost them.

If Yondu and Rocket & Groot were on the same team, then both characters would just create a large number of Strike tiles throughout the duration of the game.
    @Brigby The question is, "Is Yondu's team affiliation Guardians of the Galaxy, thus increasing the strike tiles that R4G makes at the beginning of the match?"

EDIT: @Player1575 After looking at the article and scrolling through screen shots, his bio lists him as GotG member, so unless there's a coding error, he will proc the strike tile boost for Welcome to the Team.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From SS in the article, Yondu  affiliations: Heroes, Guardians of the Galaxy
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby, I think what player meant was to ask whether Yondu will give R&G the GotG boost to their strikes.

Any chance of Agent Venom getting his GotG affiliation added? I would say C4rol too, but that's insanity we don't need.
  • Player1575
    Options
    @Brigby as Zodiac said, I was specially inquiring about yondus status as a GotG member. R&g's Yellow makes his strike tiles stronger when placed at the start of the match if another GotG member is on his team. I want to make sure if yondu will increase the initial amount of his strike tiles similar to gamora, starlord, and drax. 
  • Brigby
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ahh I see. Thanks for clarifying, everyone.

Good question! I've relayed this question to the developers, and I'll respond back once I hear back from them.

Update: Yes. Yondu does have the Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation, so he will work with Rocket & Groot to generate stronger Strike tiles.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm voting that the next 5* shall be Taserface.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    granne said:
    @Brigby, I think what player meant was to ask whether Yondu will give R&G the GotG boost to their strikes.

Any chance of Agent Venom getting his GotG affiliation added? I would say C4rol too, but that's insanity we don't need.
    Comic wise, as far as I read (2013-2015 series & getting to the new ones soon), both Agent Venom & Carol helped the Guardians ocasionally, but I don't think they were officially part of the team. So did Tony Stark, before he sent Venom in his place to have an avenger with the Guardians at all times.

Carol is also in charge of the first line of defence of earth, so it's natural that she interact with the team, but that is it.  
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    seems an interesting character
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yaka  Parachute (yellow) vs Ravager's Ruse (black).  I like yellow because it's true healing and the AI love to make match 4s. Black at 5 covers makes seven 28 strike tiles. 
  • Player1575
    Options
    You get the countdown when you make a match 4, not when the enemy does.