MPQ at Marvel.com: Yondu (8/8/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

You'll be whistling a happy tune when you fight as this havoc-wreaking Ravager.
Check out 4-Star Yondu here: Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great.  Another pve and pvp time ending 1 hr apart for a new release.  Awesome.  Thanks for that.  
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He looks pretty good, easy 3/5/5.  Depending on the numbers, that black could be a lot of fun.  I like the active/passive blue too.  

One nitpick:  in the article the part below talks about how this strike tile character would work well with other strike tile creators.  Shouldn't he be talking about how a strike tile creator would work well with Attack tile creators? 

Actually with the ability to create a bunch of strike tiles with Ravager’s Ruse for 7 Black AP, he works well with characters that create Strike tiles like The Punisher (Max), Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Blade (Modern) or with characters that strengthen his Strike tiles like Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Professor X (Charles Xavier), Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), and/or Medusa (Inhuman Queen).

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yondu is releasing on August 10. He will be a placement Reward in a revamped Guardians event titled Honor Among Thieves that starts on August 10 and ends August 14. He will be a featured character in Thick As Thieves (of course right?) starting August 13 and ending August 18 where he will be available in the Vault. Lastly, his versus tournament will be called Ravager Clan and it starts August 17 and ends August 21 where he will be featured and available at best odds!

Typical release info from the end of the article, emphasis mine. Does this mean the three week-long Guardians events are going to become a new 4-day Guardians event?! It may be wishful thinking, but that's kinda what it sounds like, and I'm EXCITED.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Yondu is releasing on August 10. He will be a placement Reward in a revamped Guardians event titled Honor Among Thieves that starts on August 10 and ends August 14. He will be a featured character in Thick As Thieves (of course right?) starting August 13 and ending August 18 where he will be available in the Vault. Lastly, his versus tournament will be called Ravager Clan and it starts August 17 and ends August 21 where he will be featured and available at best odds!

Typical release info from the end of the article, emphasis mine. Does this mean the three week-long Guardians events are going to become a new 4-day Guardians event?! It may be wishful thinking, but that's kinda what it sounds like, and I'm EXCITED.
    Release event is 3 days; the event will end on the 14th for Slice 5.  Thick as Thieves starts the 13th.

Regardless, loving a new PVE event.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hmm; interesting... Centaurian Archery/Yaka Assault is an interesting innovation (hope we see more like it someday), but I'd say with one excellent damage power and one 'easy 3' power his usability is going to hinge on how many AP Ravager's Ruse can destroy and how strong the tiles are that it creates.

Given it only costs 7 I would be surprised if it destroys more than 4 AP (at most), but it could go full She-Hulk and drain it all for a lot of tiny strike tiles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems interesting. Hoping for awesome animations :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:

Release event is 3 days; the event will end on the 14th for Slice 5.  Thick as Thieves starts the 13th.

Regardless, loving a new PVE event.
    You know, I double-counted to make sure I had the days right, and I still got it wrong. (and given that I play s1, and have been commanding in an alliance for over a year, well used to keeping track of event ends with s5, there's totally no excuse for me not being able to figure that out, lol)

Brigby said:
    @JHawkInc said:

Yup! I Have A Plan, Backup Plan, and Plan C are returning to MPQ as sub-chapters for the new Honor Among Thieves event!
    Here's hoping they kept the weird board stuff from the asteroids at the end (where rows/columns were occasionally destroyed). I've been wanting this ever since they first ran those events, absolutely can't wait to see it implemented in the game. (and new events that use things that aren't the Dark Avengers will always be welcome!)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like a great skillset! Looking forward to using him. Happy he's not a 5*. Also excited for new PVE content.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    Will "Honor Among Thieves" be going into the regular event rotation or just a one off run?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gotta figure, if they made them into a full event, it'll be added to rotation. Now, can we finish Coulson's story with a SHIELD event please?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks good. And am I seeing this right? Might his strongest power be the one we get the most of early on? That's a nice change of pace.

The art is nice, but I do wish it captured Rooker more. That dude is the best.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, that's right. The GotG event had a bunch of Mindless Ones and Symbiotes.

And the event starts when Medusa stops being boosted. I guess there's always boosted C4ge.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Now that a new 4 Star is being introduced, what is going to be done about the vault dilution that was just re-introduced? Seems like it will take a long time to cover any new 4 star entering the game unless you spend your life savings on the game.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @JHawkInc said:

Yup! I Have A Plan, Backup Plan, and Plan C are returning to MPQ as sub-chapters for the new Honor Among Thieves event!
    Nice,  I'll be looking forward to seeing this event.  Especially if SL5 is still gonna be required to unlock the bonus node.  In any case, you might want to remind the devs about that issue.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IDK why I'm so excited that we're getting Yondu but yay!! lol. Hoping I can place sufficiently enough to acquire him :)
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With Vaulting we could reasonably expect to get a few covers to be usable in short order when he gets released to the packs, with the revert we'll get the covers in about 2-3 years.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Style55 said:
    IDK why I'm so excited that we're getting Yondu but yay!! lol. Hoping I can place sufficiently enough to acquire him :)
    Cause he was awesome in gotg2!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Vaulting we could reasonably expect to get a few covers to be usable in short order when he gets released to the packs, with the revert we'll get the covers in about 2-3 years.
    Dont be silly.

With vaulting it took 6-8 weeks to cover a new 4* if you played pve + pvp to 900 and opened everything.  (You could do it faster if you play to 1200)

Now it will take about 2x that long.  Not super fast.  Nut much much better than pre-vaulting, when a new 4* might take 6-9 months to cover.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby

Now that a new 4 Star is being introduced, what is going to be done about the vault dilution that was just re-introduced? Seems like it will take a long time to cover any new 4 star entering the game unless you spend your life savings on the game.
    The new 12 releases will always have a 3X chance of being in the tokens you pull. So the only dilution you are talking about, is going to affect the rest of the tokens, the vintage ones.