Comments

• nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Love the change to pve
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Alsmir said:
    Great change for 5* players, not for everyone. Is it really so hard to grasp? That a change that benefits you might actually harm somebody else?
    There are still absolutely benefits to non-5* players.  
    • Choose your scaling is a big benefit assuming you can live with lower rewards if you choose to drop.  
    • This also complete take the oops I leveled a 5* and now my scaling is tinykitty out of PvE (thought It's unchanged in PvP).  
    • Likewise you can now have less fear in pumping up 5*s earlier if you choose to (as long as you don't play much PvP or are not afraid to wreck your MMR there).
    On top of that I think that the fears of 5* rosters dropping down and scooping up all the top ten rewards in SCL 7 and lower were probably a little overstated.  

I have a solid 4* roster with no 5* at all leveled and was able to finish 6th in my bracket of Unstable ISO-8 in SCL 7.  I could have finished in the top 5 except I overestimated the amount of time it would take me to complete each of my final grinds, by about 25 minutes for the first sub, 15 minutes for the 2nd sub and 5 minutes for the last.  

Out of the top ten only 6 rosters were 5*s.  Three were 4* rosters and one of the top 5 teams was a 4* transitioner with only five 4* champs none of which were higher than level 282.  He did have both Medusa and R&G champed in that group but no champed Starlord or Gamora to accelerate the R&G strikes.  He finished 3rd.  I wish we could drop usernames on the forum cause that dude deserves some congrats.  

So very small changes to placement in SCL 7 for me, and a clear time that was about 30 minutes quicker on the initial clear and another 30-35 minutes quicker on the final clears made this a treat for me.  Very happy with the changes, I got an hour of my day each day back!  
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is that change again? I only play Story mode (PvE) and have not seen any change at all?

whadda!?!?
    Only play PVE...
    Not seen any change...

Trolling or serious?
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Right now top 20 of CL7 in HaT event are 5* players. Working as intended, 5* Thanos clears sub in 20 minutes and players with weaker rosters can get out.
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    What is that change again? I only play Story mode (PvE) and have not seen any change at all?

whadda!?!?
    Only play PVE...
    Not seen any change...

Trolling or serious?
    Dude. I am super serious!!!

What change?

I am playing right now, and not seeing any change.

edit:

Ok, just ignore, you're talking about this:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66807/difficulty-levels-based-on-s-h-i-e-l-d-clearance-levels-update-8-4-17-updated#latest

It's not such a big deal for newbies. That's why didn't notice any change.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir said:
    Right now top 20 of CL7 in HaT event are 5* players. Working as intended, 5* Thanos clears sub in 20 minutes and players with weaker rosters can get out.
    Are you early joining?  

I usually wait for a flip or two and am seeing very different makeups.  In my SCL7 HaT bracket only 3 of the top 5 and five of the top 10 are 5* rosters.  And there is one 4* transitioner team with only one 4* champ.  
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:
    It was pretty obvious that this would happen. In my bracket (also CL7) the top 10 are all 5* players which are clearing sub-events in less than 25 minutes.

But we shouldn't complain since top placements are meant for players with bigger rosters, as someone has stated in another thread.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I've got 2 5* rosters in my top 5/10, and the rest are mostly solidly 4* rosters with at least 15+ champed. One of the 2 5*s ground the nodes into the dirt yesterday.

Me and my 7 champed 4*s are sitting in 15th in a 1.7 bracket.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir said:
    It was pretty obvious that this would happen. In my bracket (also CL7) the top 10 are all 5* players which are clearing sub-events in less than 25 minutes.

But we shouldn't complain since top placements are meant for players with bigger rosters, as someone has stated in another thread.
    That's why they need to open up SCL 9 and 10, to thin out the overcrowding of people ra
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir said:

That's why they need to open SCL 9 and 10, to thin out the congestion of people in 3* land, those working on the 3* to 4* transition, 4* land, transitioning to 5* and fully 5*.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gate the mindless 3 pt mining and we're good.