Thank you for my life back!!

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
Since my last post was so negative, I thought I would put a positive one this time.  Loving this new PVE structure.  20 minute clears are just plain awesome.  Now I have something to do between PVP events (I usually take almost a day off after PVP event ends).  I had quit playing PVE before except for new characters, but now I can casually play throughout the day since progression rewards are where its at.  We 5 star rosters congratulate the developer team on a good decision.

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Seconded! Two day sub means I have to PvE for 10 minutes tomorrow! 

Freedom!!!!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm loving that it no longer takes hours to do my first four clears. Battles are challenging, but no longer endless, with my 5*s toppling in seconds, like they were 1*s.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Really?  No one wants to commend the development team for getting something right?  We have been asking for this for over 2 months.  We **** and moan about everything they do wrong (so do I), but we have to give them props when props are due.  They have had an awful 6+ months of bad decisions, but now got something right.  You catch more flies with honey then vinegar, etc, etc.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    Really?  No one wants to commend the development team for getting something right?  We have been asking for this for over 2 months.  We tinykitty and moan about everything they do wrong (so do I), but we have to give them props when props are due.  They have had an awful 6+ months of bad decisions, but now got something right.  You catch more flies with honey then vinegar, etc, etc.
    Well, your title was misleading if that's what you wanted out of it. Sorry your life revolves around MPQ! Thanks for giving grunth his/her life back!

In all seriousness, its a great change. Thanks to the MPQ team on this one!
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Well it really only helps the 5* rosters.  Personally for me it just got a lot more difficult to place t10 because I can't clear as fast as those with 5* Thanos.  My top scaling in SL8 dropped from 370 to 330, so I'll clear a little faster, but it's not a big difference.

Different people in different situations like different changes.  I can honestly say I liked the PVP test, vaulting v2, and even the original vaulting changes more than I like the PVE scaling change.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    Well it really only helps the 5* rosters.  Personally for me it just got a lot more difficult to place t10 because I can't clear as fast as those with 5* Thanos.  My top scaling in SL8 dropped from 370 to 330, so I'll clear a little faster, but it's not a big difference.

Different people in different situations like different changes.  I can honestly say I liked the PVP test, vaulting v2, and even the original vaulting changes more than I like the PVE scaling change.
    It seems to me that your placement in CL8 should increase because from the other threads I've read, all of the 5* players are in CL6 and CL7.

But seriously, this has been a great change.  Now they need to work on the CL8 (and CL9!) rewards so you don't see as many vets sandbagging.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:

I'm totally for the new system but it's definitely not a the windfall it is for 5*s for people below that.  My scaling in SCL went up slightly from topping out around 310 to 330.  But I like that I have the option to play down at SCL 7 and get faster play (strongly considering it and almost certainly will at least try it next event).

Still kudos devs.  Please consider further widening the rewards between SCLs to discourage people from dropping down more than 1 SCL.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Since concurrence is requested, concurrence shall be given.  Great change.   And if your clear time has not gone down with this change, you're probably playing too high a CL to begin with and should thank the developers for allowing it to go on for as long as they did.  Either way, should be unanimous thanks for the developers on this one.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also like that I can use my 4*s on the levels and am not just forced to use the three 5*s that I have, over and over again. Variety is the spice of life!!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Very great QoL change!! My scaling went down slightly and thus my clear times. I'm happy!! :smiley:
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a 4* transitioner and while my time to clear went down a little, my ability to achieve t10 in CL7 just went out the window.

Not really complaining.  I'll just focus on progression and actually sleeping at night for a change!  That alone earns the devs a thank-you.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    I love the change but now i cant spend time with Grunth's girl because he will be around more! 
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Agreed, this is a good change.  Most of the feedback regarding this were already in the announcement thread, so its not like no one is saying thanks to the devs for the change.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Talus9952 said:
    Agreed, this is a good change.  Most of the feedback regarding this were already in the announcement thread, so its not like no one is saying thanks to the devs for the change.
    Yup. I posted it there.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    This change is pretty fantastic.  45 minutes or so of grind centered around the time flip, and then once I inevitably screw up optimal grinding, I can do it whenever I want for the rest of the event.

Plus, if I'm ever on vacation or slammed at work, I can drop to a lower CL, play whenever, and still get most of the rewards.  That's a huge benefit for those times when you need it.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 said:
    I also like that I can use my 4*s on the levels and am not just forced to use the three 5*s that I have, over and over again. Variety is the spice of life!!
    This 100%. I can use whoever is boosted because I can win matches with them, not have to use basically my a team to get through all the hard nodes. Great change - diversity ftw!
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Great change for 5* players, not for everyone. Is it really so hard to grasp? That a change that benefits you might actually harm somebody else?
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I'm not a 5 star player yet, but I do have 35 4* champions. I chose 3.7 this time around purely because it was the slice with the fewest players at the time I could play.

Its a huge time difference in clearing, but its hard to compare because the Medusa, R&G, Starlord combo is insanely quick and most nodes are goons. 

Nice change overall. I'll hit a CL 8 soon and see what happens.
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    What is that change again? I only play Story mode (PvE) and have not seen any change at all?

whadda!?!?