Thanks for crying about vaulting

13»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...am I the only one who sees not Agent Coulson, but George W Bush?
    ... That's supposed to be Coulson??
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Straycat said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Well I apologize you took my comment personally. I wasn't going for you personally and as a whole I did like your post. Just wanted to point out a half-truth in it, more to other people than you. I just don't want people to have something to hold to for vaulting, especially if it's a half-truth.

To clarify the half-truth, yes, people did build certain 4* characters faster, but they weren't building the tier faster. Just getting their feet wet. It would be like saying you went swimming all day, but never left the kiddie pool!!
    I'd say that a roster with only the 12 latest 4*s champed is still a 4* roster. You still compete at the same level, especially given the scaling changes.  To your analogy, it'd be like swimming in a 4 ft pool vs a 20 ft pool, but you swim just as fast.

I think that the devs might have found vaulting to be too efficient, which led to the change. I know I never champed so many characters so quickly. I think its fair to hate vaulting while still recognizing how you benefited from it.
    I beg the differ, there were times when the boost list was all vaulted during vaulting. Where's your 4* roster then? I had fun in those weeks crushing the unboosted latest in PVP with my boosted vaulted. It is very much only a piece of the pie, or the kiddie pool.
    I thought about this more and coming from my experience. Having 12-15 champ 4s I felt lucky to have 1 on the boost list, it was insane to have 2. With just 1 though I wouldn't have been competitive in PVP if not for my 3/3/5 420 Phoenix (before I knew better). Once I hit the 45-55% mark of champ 4s I noticed I usually have 2 on the boost list, sometimes 3. That is enough to be consistently competitive in PVP. IMO, you can't consider yourself a 4* roster until you can be consistently competitive against other 4* rosters. You're still a transitioner at that point. This week I have Cyclops, Medusa, and Star-lord on the list, next week Cage and MrF, but Antman will be done before Friday is out.

That is why I use the references of piece of the pie, or kiddie pool. You're just not there yet with 12-15 champs, it's a taste. Look what these guys can do.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Glad that horrible thing is dead, they can fix dilution without killing my will to play the game. You got a few dying covers. I had 2 months of not playing content. I win.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    OP,
    To quote that song from Moana:   You're Welcome!