Thanks for crying about vaulting

LewsTherin0
LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Currently sitting on 5 unusable 4* covers now. Great change. 

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with above statement. Access to the new 4 stars was too fast for the devs, so they needed a way to slow it down. They think they did us a favor by ending vaulting, but instead they made the game even slower to cross the 3 to 4 star field. 

Also, if you were in the process of transitioning when then first introduced vaulting, you got screwed. Then, you spend all you time and energy building up the current 12, only for them to ditch that and go back to the other way, thus you getting screwed twice over cause now you wont be able to earn the current ones you almost have done and you don't have the old heroes because you had to make roster room for the new ones.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me personally, unusable 4* covers are not that big of a deal. This is because I already have over 40 championed 4*s, so having a delay in championing even more of them doesn't really matter much.

In fact, I have slowed down championing further 4*s, since I'm currently hoarding my LT and CP in hopes of being able to champion a brand new 5* in a single go. We'll see what happens in many months, when I finally open my hoard. Right now, I only have around 150 potential pulls after 2.5 months or hoarding, so it's going to take a while.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross said:
    Show some self-restraint and stop opening tokens until you have the ISO to use them.
    Pretty much this. This sounds like a personal problem.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    ........ and she's back   :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    It wasn't "crying" about vaulting. It was voicing frustration that they had several options for dealing with dilution in packs, and chose the absolute worst way possible: removing those 4* stars from any kind of packs altogether. Anyone who voiced disapproval over the way they handled it, also agreed that the better solution was simply just giving us a choice; Latest 12, or Vintage. 

On top of that, they then also respond to said complaints in the absolute worst way possible: just putting them all back in the same vault like it was before. Voice your frustration at how they chose to handle an issue that we've been offering the optimal solution to for months, not us. Just like any change, there's people that this helped, and there's people that this hurt, but absolutely no one has ever disagreed that having 2 separate stores is the best solution for EVERYONE. 
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I'm happy with the change. I went from having zero options of who to champ next (had only 2 subpar latests left to cover) to now having 8 4* covered and waiting for iso. I'd much rather be in that position, it opens my options for team composition and boosted 4's, and I've been able to quickly take previously vaulted 4* from mid-range numbers of covers to 13. Sure, there have been casualties along the way, but I'll take that over waiting for BH to proc just to get a cover of a 4* I want.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I don't think the issue is as much with vaulting as it is with the sixth cover.  I currently have 4 4* tokens that I can't use (2 yellow Marvels and 2 Blue Mordos) both of the current 12.  The reason, because I already have 5 of each color but need other colors.  The sad part is that I have already sold off multiple blue and yellow covers for each before so really, this is closer to my 8 and 9th color covers for each character.  Same with Agent Venom I have 5 of his red and yellow, and not a single black cover and I have sold of 5 of his red duplicate covers already.  All of these are current 12 characters that have been a frustration for me, even under the old system.  Yes as mentioned in posts above, the change was made primarily because everyone was able to build champed 4* quickly and do it easily on a f2p basis, so they decided to pump the brakes on current 4* cover distributions and it happened to help address the vaulting issue at the same time.   
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    but absolutely no one has ever disagreed that having 2 separate stores is the best solution for EVERYONE. 
    I would make one adjustment to this.  For me, if they were going to actually have separate stores I would want *eight*: Legendary (classic 5, classic 4), Legendary (classic 5, latest 4), Legendary (latest 5, classic 4), Legendary (latest 5, latest 4), Heroic (classic 4, classic 3), Heroic (classic 4, latest 3), Heroic (latest 4, classic 3), Heroic (latest 4, latest 3).

For my roster right now, I prefer latest 4's and classic 5's.  So if I could only get classic 4's with classic 5's I'd just stop playing the game.
  • LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Yeah wow. Context is everything I guess and it doesn't make it through all the time. 

I was just griping is all. Not trying to raise a stink. Relax gents. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate said:
    ........ and she's back   :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Who is? Your post was blank.
    And I am glad! She is actually fairly decent after her re-work imo.  Her green hits hard and her blue adds decent tiles for fairly cheap AP.  Her yellow is meh but better has its uses.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like your issue isn't so much with vaulting but with not having colorless covers or a trading system so that your dupes don't go to waste. Hell I had three dupes expiring in a few days and decided to just sell them off now because outside of getting a visit from the iso fairy I wasn't going to be able to champ all three 4*s with my limited amount of iso anyway. A Vintage Legends store would have been great though. Custom packs (8 of the latest plus 4 that you choose) would have worked as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently sitting on 5 unusable 4* covers now. Great change. 
    I've champed 2 previously vaulted 4s with 2 more waiting in the wings,  you're right.
    Great change!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    10 Latest Legends pulls since Vaulting was gone = 0  waste.
    29 Latest Legends pulls two days before Vaulting was gone = 2 covers wasted and forced into championing C&D over other preferred characters to avoid 3 covers wasted. 

Different sample sizes, both small, take what you want from them. I don't believe I'll maintain a perfect 100% no waste with Latest Legends pulls post Vaulting. I also know what with the amount of 5/5/X builds I had in the chosen 12, that 2/29 waste is much lower than previous attempts.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yeah? Well, i was getting dozens of multiplicates only because there were 12 covers in tokens and i never champed more than half of them.
    In long run, this new system is the best one - the only one that makes championing 4*s reasonable and actually profitable.
    But i am pretty sure there are some players who either dont bother with champing 4*s, or dont mind when champ their 4*s and get 1 cover per 2 months - well, we, the whinners, are not amongst them :dizzy: