MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2017 Edition *Updated (8/25/17)

Options

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arix90 said:

I take it you've never watched Lost Girl
    Ah, Kenzi. Pure comedy gold, and the best thing in an otherwise mediocre show.

On topic, I am delighted to see Bucky coming up in progression.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yessss Winter Soldier as a progression reward!!! :smiley:
    He is so elusive i have like 10 4* champs and only 2 covers of winter including one i bought from heroes for hire to be able to do his burritos My least covered 4* other than vulture
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    talleman said:
    CT1888 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:
    I must say that the Webbed Wonder event is a real "Walk in the park" so far with R&G boosted paired with C4rol ;)

I ran the 4 clears in under 40 minutes without a single health pack using R&G, Medusa and Starlord (to buff R&G strike tiles).  Was like a hot knife through butter.

Using the same team and it's unbelievable!!! Those strike tiles R4G drops at the start make for 5k match damage, plus Medusa's tile!!!

It's amazeballs. Who needs 5*s?!? Totally refreshing to ignore my 5*s for most of the sub.
    Lol never heard the expression "amazeballs" before. I like it! :)
    Or Archer.

I forget the pattern, which color will be the progression cover for Winter soldier?  Please anything but red says my 1/2/5
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    Arix90 said:
    talleman said:
    CT1888 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:
    I must say that the Webbed Wonder event is a real "Walk in the park" so far with R&G boosted paired with C4rol ;)

I ran the 4 clears in under 40 minutes without a single health pack using R&G, Medusa and Starlord (to buff R&G strike tiles).  Was like a hot knife through butter.

Using the same team and it's unbelievable!!! Those strike tiles R4G drops at the start make for 5k match damage, plus Medusa's tile!!!

It's amazeballs. Who needs 5*s?!? Totally refreshing to ignore my 5*s for most of the sub.
    Or Archer.

I forget the pattern, which color will be the progression cover for Winter soldier?  Please anything but red says my 1/2/5
    Expected to be purple. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Arix90 said:
    talleman said:
    CT1888 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:

Or Archer.

Expected to be purple. 
    Really?!? I thought it was gonna be red, my 2/5/5 Bucky would very much like a purple!!!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/07/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mordo and Strange boosted, and Mordo Crash makes me feel like the hidden PVE will be Strange Sights. Hope Marvel puts up the Piecing Together for He Who Shall Be Trolled tomorrow so the PVE can be Sneak Peeked.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice to see that I´ve all buffed 4* characters championed. Especially Cage and Mr. F should be fun to play in PVP!

In terms of the upcoming PVE my guess is Hearts of Darkness since it´s a typical new release event and hasn´t been running for some time.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/08/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added Marvel's article about 4-Star Yondu
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hopefully honour among thieves still have 5 star starlord essential 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spectator said:
    Hopefully why? Given that it doesn't fit typical PVE structure and cause an unnecessarily large amount of complaints when the event came out, I can't see a reason they'd keep it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    spectator said:
    Hopefully why? Given that it doesn't fit typical PVE structure and cause an unnecessarily large amount of complaints when the event came out, I can't see a reason they'd keep it.
    Presumably he means "hopefully the event has a large chunk of iso I can earn", rather than "hopefully there is a node that most people won't be able to play".
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jamesh said:
    JHawkInc said:
    spectator said:
    Presumably he means "hopefully the event has a large chunk of iso I can earn", rather than "hopefully there is a node that most people won't be able to play".
    I honestly liked the all the one time nodes.  Even though I didn't have 5*Starlord last time I thought it was a cool reward for the few that had it.  I got the extra ISO for the Gamora and R&G nodes and this time will have all three.  It's nice to reward people who collect.  
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    y'all are assuming this Thick as Thieves event isn't entirely different, which it obviously will be because if you look at the rewards for it it has the regular PVE event structure. I'd guess it might have some sort of gimmick like Strange Days did but even then I think this'll be a somewhat standard PVE and become regular eventually like Webbed Wonder and Strange Days did
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    y'all are assuming this Thick as Thieves event isn't entirely different, which it obviously will be because if you look at the rewards for it it has the regular PVE event structure. I'd guess it might have some sort of gimmick like Strange Days did but even then I think this'll be a somewhat standard PVE and become regular eventually like Webbed Wonder and Strange Days did
    If you're talking about the release event for Yondu, its called Honor Among Thieves. And as far as I can tell it is a new event, though the piecing together mpq article calls it a "revamped Guardians event". So who really knows what it's gonna be like.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    If you're talking about the release event for Yondu, its called Honor Among Thieves. And as far as I can tell it is a new event, though the piecing together mpq article calls it a "revamped Guardians event". So who really knows what it's gonna be like.
    Honor Among Thieves will be a normal event, with the exception that I Have A PlanBackup Plan, and Plan C are going to be returning as its sub-chapters.
    Except of course @Brigby!!! Thanks for the insight!!! 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it too much to hope for that the Backup Plan and Plan C subs will still give away 4* R&G & Gamora?  o:)
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby any info on the types of enemies we'll face in the new event? I'm kind of curious what to expect before I go into it tomorrow.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby any info on the types of enemies we'll face in the new event? I'm kind of curious what to expect before I go into it tomorrow.
    There were Mindless Ones and Symbiotes. Nova was in one of the missions as well, along with dialogue with the Guardians, so expect to face him too. Whatever else might be added is anyone's guess. Not a great deal of characters have any business in space, though perhaps Captain Marvel could make an appearance. It'll need a bit of padding onto the original 3 events to make up a full story event.