MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2017 Edition *Updated (8/25/17)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    shardwick said:
    Nbroll said:
    Starfury said:
    CT1888 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    This will now be a regular event. The reward for beating the Doctor Octopus boss mission is 5,000 Iso-8. There is only one store associated with the event.
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Wait, does this mean Howard's becomming a non-limited character now? Or...will he only be available during the anniversary?
    I would still classify him as limited if he's not availabile from stores and you only get 1 random cover each time this event runs. Maybe they'll add Devil Dinosaur into that one PvE node he's featured in. 
    A reason to want to do the Hunt? Madness!

Except for the fact it gets forced upon us as the most used event for new releases.

"Oh, you hate the Florida sub?  Well, good luck not playing it now!"

Edit: I tried using the quote option, and it ended up making me put my text in the quote box.  The mobile version of the forum is a catastrophe sometimes...

Start typing your reply with a few blank lines above it, put your cursor back into the top line them hit the quote button. Works for me on Android.
    You can also switch to HTML View (the last of the icons), add a few empty lines after the quote and switch back.

In either case, this isn't something that should happen in a professional message board software.
    He was referring to while using the mobile.  The mobile version doesn't have the HTML toggle (or if it does I haven't found it).  Trying to post via the mobile is a nightmare, if I'm on my phone I consider it read only.

Old forum was way better.
    The html toggle is to the right of the right aligned paragraph icon and looks like html code. </> I'm actually using it right now because the lame software kept putting my text in with your reply when I quoted you.
    Really?  I don't see one:

As noted in several posts now MOBILE not desktop...  I even tried to request the desktop version from within iOS and it errors out saying something went wrong (message from forum not from OS).
    Yeah, I'm not blind, I can read, I'm on a mobile device myself (Kindle Fire), and it's there for me. Sucks for you then I guess. Hell every time I come here it gives me the more stripped down mobile version and I always have to change it to desktop mode.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby can you confirm that Mockingbird's pvp will start tomorrow while Weapon Tex-Mex is still going or is that another typo? 
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby can you confirm that Mockingbird's pvp will start tomorrow while Weapon Tex-Mex is still going or is that another typo? 
    It's normal. The last PvP of the week always starts when the 2nd PvP is still running; namely S1 of the last PvP starts when the S1 of the previous one still has 12h to go.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I've never really paid too much attention to that since I only really started trying in pvp a few seasons ago and normally wouldn't join until 24hrs into the event. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    shardwick said:
    Nbroll said:
    Starfury said:
    CT1888 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    This will now be a regular event. The reward for beating the Doctor Octopus boss mission is 5,000 Iso-8. There is only one store associated with the event.
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Wait, does this mean Howard's becomming a non-limited character now? Or...will he only be available during the anniversary?
    I would still classify him as limited if he's not availabile from stores and you only get 1 random cover each time this event runs. Maybe they'll add Devil Dinosaur into that one PvE node he's featured in. 
    A reason to want to do the Hunt? Madness!

Except for the fact it gets forced upon us as the most used event for new releases.

"Oh, you hate the Florida sub?  Well, good luck not playing it now!"

Edit: I tried using the quote option, and it ended up making me put my text in the quote box.  The mobile version of the forum is a catastrophe sometimes...

Start typing your reply with a few blank lines above it, put your cursor back into the top line them hit the quote button. Works for me on Android.
    You can also switch to HTML View (the last of the icons), add a few empty lines after the quote and switch back.

In either case, this isn't something that should happen in a professional message board software.
    He was referring to while using the mobile.  The mobile version doesn't have the HTML toggle (or if it does I haven't found it).  Trying to post via the mobile is a nightmare, if I'm on my phone I consider it read only.

Old forum was way better.
    The html toggle is to the right of the right aligned paragraph icon and looks like html code. </> I'm actually using it right now because the lame software kept putting my text in with your reply when I quoted you.
    Really?  I don't see one:

As noted in several posts now MOBILE not desktop...  I even tried to request the desktop version from within iOS and it errors out saying something went wrong (message from forum not from OS).
    I just have to say, that whole 3234 notifications situation makes my eye twitch. :wink:
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I just have to say, that whole 3234 notifications situation makes my eye twitch. :wink:
    Then you might want to look away or your head might explode....

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Maybe they'll go away if you keep ignoring them......
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Maybe they'll go away if you keep ignoring them......
    I sure hope so, it's all SPAM!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:

If I knew how to post GIFs on mobile, it would be that scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, with the faces melting and head exploding. :smiley:
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I must say that the Webbed Wonder event is a real "Walk in the park" so far with R&G boosted paired with C4rol ;)
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    talleman said:
    I must say that the Webbed Wonder event is a real "Walk in the park" so far with R&G boosted paired with C4rol ;)

I ran the 4 clears in under 40 minutes without a single health pack using R&G, Medusa and Starlord (to buff R&G strike tiles).  Was like a hot knife through butter.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R&G, Medusa and Strange for me. Only hiccup was in a fight with Sentry. I had plenty of greens and only two greens on the board. So, hey, what's the worst that could happen? I do R4Gs green and we're trading matches. I kill off Sentry then just before the nuke goes off that stupid tree stump matches it away taking off a huge chunk of life. Then right after that the enemy team's Sentry teamup takes off another big chunk. Lovely. 

Didn't need to use any health packs since Medusa is her own personal medic so she took care of us for the rest of the matches even though Strange was almost dead thanks to I Am Double Agent For Enemy Team. It was nice to completely shred the Dark Avengers in almost every match that they were in.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been cruising with a team of C4rol, Medusa and 4* Grocket and it's hilariously relaxing
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:

I ran the 4 clears in under 40 minutes without a single health pack using R&G, Medusa and Starlord (to buff R&G strike tiles).  Was like a hot knife through butter.

Using the same team and it's unbelievable!!! Those strike tiles R4G drops at the start make for 5k match damage, plus Medusa's tile!!!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:

Using the same team and it's unbelievable!!! Those strike tiles R4G drops at the start make for 5k match damage, plus Medusa's tile!!!

It's amazeballs. Who needs 5*s?!? Totally refreshing to ignore my 5*s for most of the sub.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:

It's amazeballs. Who needs 5*s?!? Totally refreshing to ignore my 5*s for most of the sub.
    Lol never heard the expression "amazeballs" before. I like it! :)
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    talleman said:
    CT1888 said:

What!  Amazeballs is an amazeballs expression! 

Medusa, SL & R&G is my go to early PVE clear team these days, so to have them all boosted is definitely amazeballs!

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/04/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    talleman said:
    CT1888 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    talleman said:

I take it you've never watched Lost Girl