MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2017 Edition *Updated (8/25/17)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(8/01/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events

@huktonfonix
    Nice catch! Looks like Simulator was supposed to award the Yellow cover for Mockingbird, but instead it was a Purple cover. To make up for that discrepancy, the upcoming Morse Code event will reward Mockingbird's Yellow cover instead.
    Ugh. The fix for a pve reward should be in pve, not pvp. Put the cover as a reward for one of the wave nodes instead of it being a token. I think that would be fair. Either that or CS should award it to all players that achieved the 4* cover in progression. As a 600-700ish pvp player, that gets destroyed when I take a sniff around 800, I have like no shot at a reward I should have received unless the pvp event is win based which I highly doubt it will be.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great news about the Howard cover thanks to Brigby for finding out for us 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    This will now be a regular event. The reward for beating the Doctor Octopus boss mission is 5,000 Iso-8. There is only one store associated with the event.
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Wait, does this mean Howard's becomming a non-limited character now? Or...will he only be available during the anniversary?
  • shardwick
    Options
    Limited - Dino
    Non-limited limited - Yelena
    Sorta Non-limited limited - Howard
    Non-limited - everyone else
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Limited - Dino
    Non-limited limited - Yelena
    Sorta Non-limited limited - Howard
    Non-limited - everyone else
    You forgot Bag-Man
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Bag Man fluctuates across all four. I can go months without seeing a cover then out of the blue I'll get two covers back to back. He is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
    Caught in a conundrum?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    This will now be a regular event. The reward for beating the Doctor Octopus boss mission is 5,000 Iso-8. There is only one store associated with the event.
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Wait, does this mean Howard's becomming a non-limited character now? Or...will he only be available during the anniversary?
    I would still classify him as limited if he's not availabile from stores and you only get 1 random cover each time this event runs. Maybe they'll add Devil Dinosaur into that one PvE node he's featured in. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

I would still classify him as limited if he's not availabile from stores and you only get 1 random cover each time this event runs. Maybe they'll add Devil Dinosaur into that one PvE node he's featured in. 
    A reason to want to do the Hunt? Madness!
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Except for the fact it gets forced upon us as the most used event for new releases.

"Oh, you hate the Florida sub?  Well, good luck not playing it now!"

Edit: I tried using the quote option, and it ended up making me put my text in the quote box.  The mobile version of the forum is a catastrophe sometimes...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

You'll still get the Howard cover from Webbed Wonder like normal. That cover is rewarded from the wave node at the end of the event.

For 5* Doc Ock's release, they added a boss fight at the end for a special Doc Ock LT.

THAT node is going to give 5k ISO instead of an LT so they can run the event more often. This change literally has nothing to do with Howard.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Except for the fact it gets forced upon us as the most used event for new releases.

Edit: I tried using the quote option, and it ended up making me put my text in the quote box.  The mobile version of the forum is a catastrophe sometimes...

Start typing your reply with a few blank lines above it, put your cursor back into the top line them hit the quote button. Works for me on Android.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Regarding the Mockingbird cover in pvp - when I was in the 4* transition, I found release pvp events often easier to reach 900 than other events - possibly a combination of more people.looking for the cover and the 4* loaner having lower health making matches faster (they can often just be ignored, and focus on the big guns), and less health packs used (none for loaner for example. This let me climb higher faster in one sitting, and if I was shield hopping, those hops were faster, so exposed less and getting fewer hits.
    If you have been hitting above 575, and have a couple of boosted 4*s, or a boosted 4* with a great companion (champ 4* or boosted 3*), I'd suggest giving it a bash - start early and see how high you can get in one sitting,  fall, climb again later, then if you are in range and you've found some teams that are quick to beat, try shield hopping.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

Start typing your reply with a few blank lines above it, put your cursor back into the top line them hit the quote button. Works for me on Android.
    You can also switch to HTML View (the last of the icons), add a few empty lines after the quote and switch back.

In either case, this isn't something that should happen in a professional message board software.
  • broll
    Options
    Starfury said:
    CT1888 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

You can also switch to HTML View (the last of the icons), add a few empty lines after the quote and switch back.

In either case, this isn't something that should happen in a professional message board software.
    He was referring to while using the mobile.  The mobile version doesn't have the HTML toggle (or if it does I haven't found it).  Trying to post via the mobile is a nightmare, if I'm on my phone I consider it read only.

Old forum was way better.
  • shardwick
    Options
    Nbroll said:
    Starfury said:
    CT1888 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

He was referring to while using the mobile.  The mobile version doesn't have the HTML toggle (or if it does I haven't found it).  Trying to post via the mobile is a nightmare, if I'm on my phone I consider it read only.

The html toggle is to the right of the right aligned paragraph icon and looks like html code. </> I'm actually using it right now because the lame software kept putting my text in with your reply when I quoted you.
  • broll
    edited August 2017
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Nbroll said:
    Starfury said:
    CT1888 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Webbed Wonder - (8/3/17)
    Oh freakin BOOOO.

The html toggle is to the right of the right aligned paragraph icon and looks like html code. </> I'm actually using it right now because the lame software kept putting my text in with your reply when I quoted you.
    Really?  I don't see one:

As noted in several posts now MOBILE not desktop...  I even tried to request the desktop version from within iOS and it errors out saying something went wrong (message from forum not from OS).
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On a mobile device with a small enough screen (actual screen size, not resolution), you indeed get a reduced toolbar. On a mobile, you either have to go with CT1888's method or request the desktop version in your mobile browser.

However, my suggestion wasn't purely directed at mobile devices, as the same problem also crops up on my desktop.