DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Urcookin said:
    Urcookin said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    3* and 5* Yondu coming up! Can't wait!
    Character details forum says the new character is 4*.  The one after will most likely be a 5*.
    Jessica Jones?
    Daredevil for Defenders release. I think they'll finally do a JJ when Season 2 hits.
    Thing is we have a Defenders release and dont have all the Defenders. Makes as much sense as Elton John flipping through a Penthouse.
    What, just because he plays piano, you don't think he reads articles? That's talentism.
    I think it's like "doing jumps & cartwheels" through a "top floor apartment"; you can't do that and play the piano at the same time - believe me, I've tried.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jessica Jones after the upcoming 4*, since it would fill out the Defenders roster (at least the TV version of the team).  There is space for a few variants if they did a 3*/5* dual release, such as using her old Jewel identity and the MCU version.

I'm sure we'll see another Daredevil in the future: if not next, when the third season of his show comes out.  Maybe they could add an extra villain character by making it his Shadowland version (I didn't think much of the comic, but it could be redeemed if they adapt it for the show).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jessica Jones after the upcoming 4*, since it would fill out the Defenders roster (at least the TV version of the team).  There is space for a few variants if they did a 3*/5* dual release, such as using her old Jewel identity and the MCU version.

I'm sure we'll see another Daredevil in the future: if not next, when the third season of his show comes out.  Maybe they could add an extra villain character by making it his Shadowland version (I didn't think much of the comic, but it could be redeemed if they adapt it for the show).
    Like many other 5*s, Daredevil (Matt Murdock) will probably use the MCU MTVU (MNFU?) appearance. Question is, will he have lawyer power like She Hulk. Next question, when will Spider-Man's powers of photography be added to the game? Even Spider Gwen reflects her sick drumming skills. Which... heal? (I still don't get it).
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    jamesh said: 

Like many other 5*s, Daredevil (Matt Murdock) will probably use the MCU MTVU (MNFU?) appearance. Question is, will he have lawyer power like She Hulk. Next question, when will Spider-Man's powers of photography be added to the game? Even Spider Gwen reflects her sick drumming skills. Which... heal? (I still don't get it).
    I still don't understand why Spider-Gwen, who has a secret identity, suddenly change to her civilian outfit and then just start drumming in the middle of the fight.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    granne said:
    I've more-or-less resigned myself to the idea that we won't get JJ until season 2 of her solo show. And by resigned to it I mean, regularly grouch about it to my nearest and dearest, none of whom play the game, read comics or have seen the show yet.

I'm all about the constructive coping mechanisms.

~~~

I'm spoiler-free on this one, and I hope it is Yondu. I'd be happy with Nebula, though.
    While the healing part doesn't fit Yondu all that well, it didn't fit Starlord either. But it really doesn't fit Nebula. If it were self-heal, it would, but the described power seems to (assume burst heal) target allies too.

Also, Gwen Stacy really needs to turn off her web shooters when she's drumming. How has the audience not noticed yet?
    I think the heal is because of his mohawk in the movies. Without it he was not so strong, but after baby Groot finally got it, he was the king. The special tile could be his Mohawk. And if he match it, he may heal, otherwise he may not. 

Other than that, yes it doesn't make sense for Yondu to have a heal.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The clues are like when your 7yr odl nephew tells you his "joke", that is totally incoherent but makes him giggle cuz: fart.
    trollin':
    5* deadpool 
    J.Jonah Jameson (they said a summer of spidey!)
    The Warriors Three: each color represents one: thats why they are all 7ap. Volstag has the healey one, Hogarth has the black ap one, Fandrall has straight blue dam
    or finally Dazz
     but it will prolly be Yondu cuz d3 leaks like a white house intern
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If this is Jessica Jones instead of Yondu, the healing mechanic could be related to Claire Temple / Night Nurse. Which I would be pretty thrilled about. And I could easily see the heal being affected by other Defenders team members being present.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    Anyone else underwhelmed by the lack of uh, bugfixes? :sweat_smile:
    No.  I'm just glad they seemed to have finally broken the pattern of every release breaks the game in some significant way.

zodiac339 said:
    jamesh said:

Like many other 5*s, Daredevil (Matt Murdock) will probably use the MCU MTVU (MNFU?) appearance. Question is, will he have lawyer power like She Hulk. Next question, when will Spider-Man's powers of photography be added to the game? Even Spider Gwen reflects her sick drumming skills. Which... heal? (I still don't get it).
    I believe the shows are still considered MCU, they reference events in the same universe.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If this is Jessica Jones instead of Yondu, the healing mechanic could be related to Claire Temple / Night Nurse. Which I would be pretty thrilled about. And I could easily see the heal being affected by other Defenders team members being present.
    You know, it could also actually be Night Nurse.Its a stretch, but possible.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    I believe the shows are still considered MCU, they reference events in the same universe.
    True, but it's a kinda segmented universe:
    ABC shows reference each other and movies, but not Netflix shows.
    Netflix shows reference each other and movies, but not ABC shows.
    Movies only reference each other; none of the TV shows.

Because of this you'll never see Agent Coulson in another movie - it would be too complicated to explain why he's not dead. And while it would be cool, I doubt we will see the Defenders in Infinity War.   :'(
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

Because of this you'll never see Agent Coulson in another movie - it would be too complicated to explain why he's not dead. And while it would be cool, I doubt we will see the Defenders in Infinity War.   :'(
    I don't know. Maybe they'll put Thanos on trial. Maybe Matt Murdock will luck into being prosecuting attourney.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Matt's a defence attorney.

It is written into Charlie Cox's contact that he's required to be in any of the films if they want him, but I'm not holding my breath. Dunno about the rest of them.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Matt's a defence attorney.
    Only by day. :D
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

They used the same biker gang from Agents of Shield in Daredevil. And wasn't there a fairly obscure reference to Daredevil in the latest season of AoS, like a newspaper headline or something? I could be misremembering that, but I know the biker gang is right. I don't think there's been any reference to AoS on the Netflix shows though. 

But no, for the most part they don't mention each other really. The Netflix shows especially seem to have a really weird relation to the movies. They'll mention characters from the movies, but in weird roundabout ways without really mentioning their names. It might just be me, but it always pulls me out of a scene when they do that. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

But no, for the most part they don't mention each other really. The Netflix shows especially seem to have a really weird relation to the movies. They'll mention characters from the movies, but in weird roundabout ways without really mentioning their names. It might just be me, but it always pulls me out of a scene when they do that. 
    Yeah, the obvious "you know this gal but we can't say her name for reasons" drops. Definitely lame.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah, the obvious "you know this gal but we can't say her name for reasons" drops. Definitely lame.
    Then at other times they seem to have no problem connecting to the movies. It's been awhile since I've seen Luke Cage, but wasn't the special bullet made by Hammer Industries? Or Diamondback's suit? Or both?