R132 Release Notes (7/31/17)

Options

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lots of people want Yondo, Marvel will deliver 5 star Stilt-Man and the clue refers to us being trolled
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    THAT DAKEN FIX THO!  :|
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lots of people want Yondo, Marvel will deliver 5 star Stilt-Man and the clue refers to us being trolled
    Its confirmed to be a 4* with healing and special tile generation powers
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Well 5* Thor will be here when his movie comes out in November.  This month we have the Defenders, so maybe a villain or Jessica Jones, since she's the only one we do not have yet. 

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Its confirmed to be a 4* with healing and special tile generation powers
    That would be very fitting for Troll, even though I'm not too excited about him. Nebula could be an option, but then the troll-hints wouldn't make any sense. Yondu or JJ don't seem fit to have self-healing.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else underwhelmed by the lack of uh, bugfixes? :sweat_smile:
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    Anyone else underwhelmed by the lack of uh, bugfixes? :sweat_smile:
    Probably won't announce it next time they try to fix powers with added damage effects. Instead, whenever it actually gets fixed, players will notice it and an admin will post, "Yes, it was corrected in R???. That's what the 'increased functionality and bugfixes' part of the notes meant."
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    DarthDeVo said:
     If it is Yondu, I can think of at least one cool mechanic, his whistling arrow tearing through enemies. Might be a simple AoE, but would be more interesting if it would have an extra layer to it like 5pidey's green.

I would think we're on schedule for a 5*, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 
    It really depends on what schedule we're on right now. Pattern is supposed to be 5/4/4, and we've deviated only once, recently. Spidey, Vulture, Mockingbird, Yondu, as 5/4/4/5, says Yondu should be a 5*. (and it means we skipped a 4* between Doc Ock and Spidey)

But that's the new pattern. The old pattern (which was intact from Doctor Strange up until Spidey, and may go back further, I'm just too lazy to do the work to double check), .
    This is where "pattern" doesn't always mean "supposed," unless devs have confirmed it. Things like the 4* token replacement cycle dates are best described as "predictions" or "projections," rather than "confirmations."
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options

Urcookin said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    3* and 5* Yondu coming up! Can't wait!
    Character details forum says the new character is 4*.  The one after will most likely be a 5*.
    Jessica Jones?
    Even though I've largely given up on the idea of JJ being in the game, it would be pretty cool to have a JJ 5/3* release. I was hoping when IF and Cage first came out we'd get a 3* JJ (who would create a strike tile, of course) and I still hope we will see that someday.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've more-or-less resigned myself to the idea that we won't get JJ until season 2 of her solo show. And by resigned to it I mean, regularly grouch about it to my nearest and dearest, none of whom play the game, read comics or have seen the show yet.

I'm all about the constructive coping mechanisms.

~~~

I'm spoiler-free on this one, and I hope it is Yondu. I'd be happy with Nebula, though.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    granne said:
    I've more-or-less resigned myself to the idea that we won't get JJ until season 2 of her solo show. And by resigned to it I mean, regularly grouch about it to my nearest and dearest, none of whom play the game, read comics or have seen the show yet.

I'm all about the constructive coping mechanisms.

~~~

I'm spoiler-free on this one, and I hope it is Yondu. I'd be happy with Nebula, though.
    While the healing part doesn't fit Yondu all that well, it didn't fit Starlord either. But it really doesn't fit Nebula. If it were self-heal, it would, but the described power seems to (assume burst heal) target allies too.

Also, Gwen Stacy really needs to turn off her web shooters when she's drumming. How has the audience not noticed yet?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Also, Gwen Stacy really needs to turn off her web shooters when she's drumming. How has the audience not noticed yet?
    Party cannons. Apparently it totally evaporates in a few hours leaving no residue, and not staining the walls. So it's gotta be less obnoxious than silly string ;)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    DarthDeVo said:
     If it is Yondu, I can think of at least one cool mechanic, his whistling arrow tearing through enemies. Might be a simple AoE, but would be more interesting if it would have an extra layer to it like 5pidey's green.

I would think we're on schedule for a 5*, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 
    It really depends on what schedule we're on right now. Pattern is supposed to be 5/4/4, and we've deviated only once, recently. Spidey, Vulture, Mockingbird, Yondu, as 5/4/4/5, says Yondu should be a 5*. (and it means we skipped a 4* between Doc Ock and Spidey)

But that's the new pattern. The old pattern (which was intact from Doctor Strange up until Spidey, and may go back further, I'm just too lazy to do the work to double check), .
    This is where "pattern" doesn't always mean "supposed," unless devs have confirmed it. Things like the 4* token replacement cycle dates are best described as "predictions" or "projections," rather than "confirmations."
    The 5/4/4 pattern actually came from a Youtube video the devs put out at the start of the year. I think they admitted even then that they might deviate, but the whole reason we know the pattern is because it was given to us so we could anticipate what is coming.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    JHawkInc said:
    DarthDeVo said:

The 5/4/4 pattern actually came from a Youtube video the devs put out at the start of the year. I think they admitted even then that they might deviate, but the whole reason we know the pattern is because it was given to us so we could anticipate what is coming.
    First, recent history is: R&G, Gamora, DocOck, Sandy, Spidey, Vulture, Mockingbird.  4/4/5, 4/5/4, 4.  A 4 star could be next, and they sometimes interrupt their pattern for synergy reasons.

Second, the power set says "4*" much more than "5", to me anyway.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:
    JHawkInc said:
    DarthDeVo said:

First, recent history is: R&G, Gamora, DocOck, Sandy, Spidey, Vulture, Mockingbird.  4/4/5, 4/5/4, 4.  A 4 star could be next, and they sometimes interrupt their pattern for synergy reasons.

You're repeating things I've said in this very thread (and would be in this very quote chain, except you seem to have cut one post short when you quoted).

I started speculating on Yondu's rarity based on whether or not they would go back to the original pattern, or start fresh from Spidey. The teaser is up on the Character Detail forum, he's definitely a 4*. Since Star Lord, R&G, Gamora, Doc Ock, Sandman, Spidey, Vulture, Mockingbird, Yondu, goes 5/4/4, 5/4/5, 4/4/4, it's pretty obvious they switched Spidey and Vulture to put Spidey out with his movie (instead of sticking to the pattern and releasing him later).

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me, because you're repeating things I've already said. The pattern has only been deviated from ONCE, ever. They don't "sometimes" interrupt it, they've literally only done it ONE time, for Spider-Man. If we treat that as a one-time thing and go back to the original pattern, the next character should be a 4*. That's what I said, so I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to convince me of.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    As my name suggests I am a HUGE DD fan. This all seems to be setting up for a 5* Daredevil. Really hoping I'm wrong. I want a 4* version badly as I have no interest in the 5* tier.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    bluewolf said:

The character preview thread says 4 star, debate over
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66734/unknown-coming-soon#latest
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Urcookin said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    Character details forum says the new character is 4*.  The one after will most likely be a 5*.
    Jessica Jones?
    Daredevil for Defenders release. I think they'll finally do a JJ when Season 2 hits.
  • Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Urcookin said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    Jessica Jones?
    Daredevil for Defenders release. I think they'll finally do a JJ when Season 2 hits.
    Thing is we have a Defenders release and dont have all the Defenders. Makes as much sense as Elton John flipping through a Penthouse.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Urcookin said:
    Urcookin said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    Jessica Jones?
    Thing is we have a Defenders release and dont have all the Defenders. Makes as much sense as Elton John flipping through a Penthouse.
    What, just because he plays piano, you don't think he reads articles? That's talentism.