R132 Release Notes (7/31/17)

Options

Comments

• stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I say Ulik.....because we all have been clamoring for him...
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunna Sijurvald ?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     If it is Yondu, I can think of at least one cool mechanic, his whistling arrow tearing through enemies. Might be a simple AoE, but would be more interesting if it would have an extra layer to it like 5pidey's green.

I would think we're on schedule for a 5*, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     If it is Yondu, I can think of at least one cool mechanic, his whistling arrow tearing through enemies. Might be a simple AoE, but would be more interesting if it would have an extra layer to it like 5pidey's green.

I would think we're on schedule for a 5*, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 
    It really depends on what schedule we're on right now. Pattern is supposed to be 5/4/4, and we've deviated only once, recently. Spidey, Vulture, Mockingbird, Yondu, as 5/4/4/5, says Yondu should be a 5*. (and it means we skipped a 4* between Doc Ock and Spidey)

But that's the new pattern. The old pattern (which was intact from Doctor Strange up until Spidey, and may go back further, I'm just too lazy to do the work to double check), starting with Doc Ock, would go Doc/Sandman/Spidey as a 5/4/4, and Vulture/Mockingbird/Yondu as a 5/4/4. Spidey/Vulture was where we deviated, and if we guess (I was going to say "presume", but it really is a guess more than anything), that Spidey/Vulture were switched to put Spidey alongside his movie (rather than skipping a 4* in the release pattern, those two entries were switched), then Yondu would be a 4*, and we'd be getting a 5* the weekend before The Defenders hits Netflix.

Reality is, we'll figure out the pattern when we know if he's a 4*/5*, and can plan forward from there (assuming no further deviations, at least).

Back on topic of the character, I'd love to see Yondu have his arrow and an effect similar to 5* Spidey's green, zipping about and hitting random enemies.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Perfect time for the home video release. :D

Spot on there. Fits the hint perfectly. I am excited about Yondu. He was epic in the movies. Cannot wait !
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I hope not 5*. If it were Namor, 5* might make sense, but Yondu, while popular in the movies, was a supporting character rather than a starring role. While his role as one of the original Guardians in comics does give some possibility, that iteration of Guardians just didn't get the importance of the new line up.

The release schedule of characters puts this about two weeks before the DVD, so there should probably be one more. Instead of a clue for the follow-up, can you just say "Fine, it's Nebula?"
    I think he's going to be a 4* since Vulture & Spidey switched places so Spidey would be in time for his movie. But also think they are saving Nebula for Infinity War, since she has a big role in the story. 
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I hope he has Rooker's likeness. That man looks like an angel.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlluAllu said:
    ...but he sure as tinykitty ain't one.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    AlluAllu said:
    ...but he sure as tinykitty ain't one.
    "He may be your father, but I'm your daddy", that line was awesome! 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* and 5* Yondu coming up! Can't wait!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Perfect time for the home video release. :D

Ooh, I didn't even think of that.  I was thinking of Ulik the Troll, but it seemed like a long shot.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    The release schedule of characters puts this about two weeks before the DVD, so there should probably be one more.
    For cross-promotion character releases, they seem to pay more attention to the downloadable dates than the Blu-Ray sale date.  I... don't even really know why they aren't the same day, but I'm the old fart still buying these things on Blu-Ray so what do I know?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayv said:
    zodiac339 said:
    The release schedule of characters puts this about two weeks before the DVD, so there should probably be one more.
    For cross-promotion character releases, they seem to pay more attention to the downloadable dates than the Blu-Ray sale date.  I... don't even really know why they aren't the same day, but I'm the old fart still buying these things on Blu-Ray so what do I know?
    Presumably the download dates are closer to the same world-wide?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Obvious troll is obivous
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Character details forum says the new character is 4*.  The one after will most likely be a 5*.
  • Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    Character details forum says the new character is 4*.  The one after will most likely be a 5*.
    Jessica Jones?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Urcookin said:
    jamesh said:
    talleman said:
    Jessica Jones?
    JJ makes perfect sense if you look at the character roster like it's an orchestra that needs another instrument. Wishful thinking might get us Stick or Hellcat or (should the gods be generous) the Daughters of the Dragon (Misty Knight and Colleen Wing as a R&G/C&D combo character, please and thank you!)

But the MPQ release trend and business pattern says "5* MCU version." Daredevil (one 3*) is most likely, Cage/Fist (two versions, one 4* each released with Netflix show) as a possible Heroes for Hire combo character if you're willing to include wishful thinking.

It'll be the same when Thor: Ragnarok comes out. Valkyrie, Hela, Skurge, Sif, Heimdall, plenty of options for "new people." But we'll get a 5* Thor MCU version, and maybe a 4* Hulk or Loki. (though, with Mordo coming out with Strange's DVD and Yondu appearing to come out with GotG2's DVD, odds of maybe Valkyrie alongside Ragnarok's DVD release don't seem too bad)
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't know tinykitty1 from tinykitty2, but 5* Thor seems likely. Heimdall would be awesome -- but, then, I have a huge crush on Idris Elba lol...

[Moderator edit - removed profanity.]