Riri Wrecks Shop (the best rework in the game?)

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    How does her red do against invisible opponents? I only tried it out when there was one enemy left who was invisible, and it didn't fire. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Makes sense, when there's only one target left it's just like any other power.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I believe 4Pun's green can down an invisible character even if he/she is the last one standing so I expect Deadpool and Thing to not intercept.  I'm surprised at Straycat's experience.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ah, well Merciless Charge does team damage. Remote Control Gauntlets does... reverse-targeted damage?.

I expect the 3- and 2- target effects to mimic Do As Peggy Says. I don't think you can stun invisible non-targets with that one, so I'd guess RCG will work the same.

I'd still have to test for interactions with Thing and Deadpool, though. I bet they're in the Sim.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now they need to rework classic characters that power creep ruined *cough* thing * cough*
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ok, tested on the Sim loaner node; Thing in front does not intercept damage from RCG, at least when there are two other characters damaged. He also does not intercept when both he and another character (who is eligible to be intercepted otherwise) are damaged by RCG.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I was getting real upset the last few weeks because I kept getting Riri covers left and right the beginning of July she was at 6 covers now she's cramped at 280 and I really have enjoyed using her this simulator prob the most enjoyable Time in awhile and not because she made it real easy it felt this time like when I first played bravo for the rework.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Tried it on Miles this morning, he was in back and invisible (all three opponents were still on the board). Riri's red hit the middle opponent, but not Miles. So it presumably isn't considered random damage, and doesn't work on invisible opponents.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Is she better than Hulkbuster now?
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Two things...

1)If thing is out front, you hit the two behind him without him throwing up shields..  so it's a great counter to him..

2) Her blue power does not recognize invisibility tiles as "special" tiles..  that's a problem... Howard the duck wrecked me because of that...
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    undrtaker said:
    Is she better than Hulkbuster now?
    Her damage per AP on Red is ~940 against one or three opponents (Hulkbuster is 630).

I've had a Red tile next to the centre get selected as one of the swapped tiles for RiRi blue, which resulted in no match instead. So although their internal AP acceleration is close to equivalent, Hulkbuster's is guaranteed.

I think Riri presents a much better fit for a lot of teams. Hulkbuster provides some nice strikes alongside his AP generation, but other than that he's a one trick pony. RiRi has a bit more flexibility in how you can use her abilities.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    stewbacca said:
    Two things...

1)If thing is out front, you hit the two behind him without him throwing up shields..  so it's a great counter to him..

2) Her blue power does not recognize invisibility tiles as "special" tiles..  that's a problem... Howard the duck wrecked me because of that...
    Ah yes, the invisible squad in Round 2 of PvE Simulator. Always bring a good AoE character or two to that fight. Or War Machine with 5 covers in blue if that's an option for you. Or a character that can overwrite the invisible tiles. 

I brought my champed Gwenpool, but no one ever went invisible, so it's been a moot point so far. 
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    The blue *does* attract CD tiles, though...just pulled in one of Red Hulk's tiles in and charged it out of existence.
  • wgasadude
    wgasadude Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Had two enemies, fired green and tried to fire red but was unavailable. Makes sense I guess but a bit of a nuisance.  :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    stewbacca said:
    Two things...

Invisibility 'R' Us! I used my rainbow team of 4-star Blade, 4-star Cyclops, and Prof X on that one. Cyclops will generate red with both his blue and yellow abilities. If you're lucky enough to get a match-5, Prof X will also give you Red. Blade's Bloodlust can hit Invisible opponents, so just keep the red up. With Prof X at 3/5/5, all of Blade's special tiles (and Prof X's tiles from casting Cyclops's cheap yellow over and over) will be boosted to very high levels and take out any non-invisible character. Blade's green is also AoE, and will hit invisible people.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    smkspy said:
    I still wish her red was a direct nuke. I don't like it being random. Messes with my IM40, Peggy, and Riri team.

Actually it's like Peggy's blue, it targets all but the enemy in front.  At least that's how it's supposed to work.  When there's only one target left it does double damage to the single target.  Kinda wish it was a direct nuke to begin with, though, as you say.

Yeah, I read the description of riri's red wrong since I played the first sim before riri's rework and then after riri's rework. I like it a whole better now.

Nothing is beating my IM40, peggy, and Riri team. They just wreck shop on an unbelievable level.

Only the invisible team gave me a little trouble. Usually miles casting his purple.

Definitely the best rework since Wasp. I feel sorry for all the people that didn't champ riri and threw away her covers.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor

The interaction between her red and green is the only real issue I have with her. The fact that it results in situations where you can't even fire the red is frustrating.

I think she was made to work well with the following combo: blue -> red -> green

Meaning that you generate red with her blue, you kill of the non-targets, and then you send the only target left airborne and you have time to gather more AP. Her green also works well with Gamora. It can also punch an enemy out of the board and make his CD or passive abilities useless. 

If you use her green before red, you surely lose the opportunity to deal more damage or any at all (with 2 enemies you cannot fire red if one is airborne). But than again if you have someone stunned - like 5 Black Panther, you can deal damage to him while he is stunned, and send the other target airborne after, resulting in one free turn. 
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    She is a perfect example of why you can't just delete covers you don't like.  

Sure Mordo's rework wasn't as successful, but who knew they would both get a power up immediately and Riri would become a sweet character?  You'd be kicking yourself now if you deleted those covers.  

Not only is she a sweet character but she is a sweet BLUE character.  Red and Green damage characters grow on trees but I seem to always be looking for Yellow and Blue characters to round out my teams.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I always liked Riri more than most, so I was happy to champ her early. She's been stalking me for weeks, though and is now at 299. She been kicking **** and talking names left and right this week. It's been wonderful.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Star Lord pvp, I was more more likely  to tackle twin 5* champs over a high level Riri + 5*. My only wipes involved her.