**** Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin

Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) 

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

At Max Level: HP:  13034    74/13/65/4.0/85/11/12/43

Bombshell 9 Red AP:
Mockingbird sets up a bomb and walks away without looking back. Creates 2 3-turn Red Countdown tiles.  When one expires, if another exists, remove it an ideal 2408 damage.  If not, deal 1667 damage to the target and Mockingbird.
  • Level 2: Deals 3242 if another tile exists, otherwise 2408.
  • Level 3: Countdown tiles last 2 turns.  Damage to Mockingbird reduced to 741.
  • Level 4: Deals 4927 if another tile exists, otherwise 3612.
  • Level 5: Creates Fortified Countdown tiles.  Deals 6594 damage if another tile exists, otherwise 5001 to the target and 649 to Mockingbird.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Creates 2 2-turn Red Countdown tiles.  When one expires if another is on the board deal 6313 damage to target.  If not, deal 4690 damage to the target and 1444 to Mockingbird.
  • Level 4: Deals 9596 if another tile exists, otherwise 7035.
  • Level 5: Creates fortified Countdown tiles.  Deals 12843 damage if another tile exists, otherwise 9741 to the target and 1263 to Mockingbird.

Opportunist 0 Yellow AP:

(PASSIVE) Mockingbird deflects attacks with her battle staves, providing tactical openings for her team.  Whenever the enemy makes a match-4 or greater, if you have at least 9 AP in that color (including Team-Up), fire a random friendly power at no cost.  If not, gain 1 AP in that color.

• Level 2: Can gain 2 AP.
  • Level 3: Requires 8 AP to fire a power.
  • Level 4: Can gain 3 AP.
  • Level 5: Requires 6 AP to fire a power.
  • Max Level
  • Level 3: Requires 8 AP to fire a power at no cost, if not can gain 2 AP.
  • Level 4: Can gain 3 AP.
  • Level 5: Requires 6 AP to fire a power.

Secret Mission 8 Purple AP: 

Mockingbird steals enemy intel to gain an advantage.  Destroys up to 4 AP of the enemy’s strongest color and generates 3 AP in your strongest color.  (This power’s cost can’t be reduced.)  

(PASSIVE) As long as you have at least 8 AP in your strongest color, friendly matches deal 65 more damage.

• Level 2: Deals Destroys up to 5 enemy AP.  Friendly matches deal 121 more damage.
  • Level 3: Generates 4 AP.  Requires 7 AP to deal extra damage.
  • Level 4: Destroys up to 6 enemy AP.  Friendly matches deal 175 more damage as long as you have 6 AP.
  • Level 5: Destroys up to 8 enemy AP and gains 5 AP.  Friendly matches deal 229 more damage as long as you have 5 AP.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Destroys up to 5 enemy AP and generates 4 AP in players strongest color.  Passive: as long as you have at least 7 AP in your strongest color, deal 234 more damage.
  • Level 4: Destroys up to 6 enemy AP.  Friendly matches deal 342 more damage as long as you have 6 AP.
  • Level 5: Destroys up to 8 enemy AP and gains 5 AP.  Friendly matches deal 445 more damage as long as you have 5 AP.

Comments

• NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Well, she's pushed as all get-out.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Have Devs forgotten their colour wheel again? Bombshell reads like a Black ability.

Outside of that, looks like some interesting new passives. Looks like her Yellow is why Colossus got reworked.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Cthulhu

Can you explain how the red tiles work in practice? Since the power creates two, do they both "expire" at the same time for the improved effect, or does one get removed for the bigger damage and then the other expire "normally" (for lower damage plus self damage)?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    That Yellow power is going to have the potential to create infinite loops.

Imagine opposing teams both with MockingBird + someone with board shake (Juggs/Loki etc). One fired power can cause the 2 Mockingbirds to endlessly trigger the board shake skill that creates a match 4+.

Obviously it's a long shot that it continues for more than an iteration or two but it's definitely possible.

Also curious how this interacts with the Professor and Teen Jean's passive (ie which goes first) in cases of match 5's.

KGB

P.S. Now we have confirmation of why Colossus's power was changed.

• Jaedenkaal
    Oh also, does the Secret Mission passive effect work like OBW's Espionage where it gets bonus damage from strike tiles? Or more like Heavy Density for everyone, where it just increases your match damage by a flat amount, before strike tiles?

If it's the latter, can I pre-emptively submit a bug report regarding the Secret Mission damage not working when new enemies arrive in wave nodes or when a new wave begins? :P
  • Cthulhu
    edited July 2017
    @Cthulhu

Can you explain how the red tiles work in practice? Since the power creates two, do they both "expire" at the same time for the improved effect, or does one get removed for the bigger damage and then the other expire "normally" (for lower damage plus self damage)?
    As long as their are two (edit) or more on the board, then the power causes the maximum damage.  The reason it's written this way is if the player used Bombshell and decided to use the power again if one of the Countdown Tiles was removed, then they could have more then one still triggering the max damage.

When the Countdown tile goes off all Bombshell tiles will be removed and the power will do max damage.
  • Cthulhu
    Oh also, does the Secret Mission passive effect work like OBW's Espionage where it gets bonus damage from strike tiles? Or more like Heavy Density for everyone, where it just increases your match damage by a flat amount, before strike tiles?

If it's the latter, can I pre-emptively submit a bug report regarding the Secret Mission damage not working when new enemies arrive in wave nodes or when a new wave begins? :P
    I will try and trigger this, I will also ask QA/Designer if they have an answer
  • Cthulhu
    edited July 2017
    edit: In my tests with Mockinbird during the Sinister Six event, the enemy's strongest AP color changed based on which boss was out and the answer is everyone's damage goes up by a flat amount before strike tiles.  Then the strike tile does add more damage per what I'm seeing in my play throughs.  I should have a confirmation by tomorrow.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Cthulhu said:
    @Cthulhu

As long as their are two (edit) or more on the board, then the power causes the maximum damage.  The reason it's written this way is if the player used Bombshell and decided to use the power again if one of the Countdown Tiles was removed, then they could have more then one still triggering the max damage.

When the Countdown tile goes off all Bombshell tiles will be removed and the power will do max damage.
    Oh! So... if you have two+ tiles when the first one expires, it removes them all, and does the improved damage once? There's got to be a better way to write that...
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Hold on, it removes ALL bombshell tiles before going off for the max damage? It doesn't say remove all in the description. Is that an error or no @Cthulhu

"When one expires, if another exists, remove it and deal 2408 damage.  If not, deal 1667 damage to the target and Mockingbird"
  • Cthulhu
    No I was wrong.  Using debug can make things pretty messed up.  If you use Bombshell and have one of the tiles matched away, then use Bombshell again and have three tiles, then you will remove one of the two created from the second use of the power and have a third on the board that remains.  IT isn't all tiles being removed.  Sorry, I was trying to repro quickly with debug tools, and should have just done it the right way the first time.
  • Cthulhu
    That is a great cover!   
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Why did they have to use that cover? Mockingbird has so many awesome covers, why did they have to use the painfully awkward one?

I mean...I don't buy into the "SJW" or "Anti SJW" nonsense, but I feel that cover was deliberately baiting.

Why on Earth did you guys use this one? It is way more dynamic and fits the character better.

Agree to disagee.  Love the cover they chose, one of my favorite story arcs in a long time.  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I don't care about political message or not. Without a costume, the cover represents "generic blonde female". There are very, very few characters who are recognizable without a costume: Logan, Tony Stark, characters with unique skin colors and patterns (Hulks, Gamora, Drax, Beast). What if the Colossus cover had him unpowered in street clothes? Steve Rogers without a costume could be a generic, blonde bodybuilder. Hawkguy gets a pass since the cover is literal in-game representation, but costumes exist for a reason.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have Devs forgotten their colour wheel again? Bombshell reads like a Black ability.

Outside of that, looks like some interesting new passives. Looks like her Yellow is why Colossus got reworked.
    How is a single-target, high-damage power not red? I guess an argument could be made for it being black due to the possibility of self-damage, but it doesn't mean that it is not red.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Along with Teen Jean, she could be a good counter to Charlie's Angels, so long as you get enough purple AP before the Switch's CD goes off. Will be interesting to see that order of operations resolve. 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim said:

How is a single-target, high-damage power not red? I guess an argument could be made for it being black due to the possibility of self-damage, but it doesn't mean that it is not red.

Red is generally attacks with condition to deal increased damage, cf. Rocket Punch, Dive Bomb, Combined Forces, etc.

Black is generally powerful attacks with some drawback, cf. Court Death, Goblin Glider, Overdrive , etc.

In particular, I would compare Bombshell to Kate Bishop's Looking For Trouble. The later deals its damage up front and then the player must remove their own CD or take damage. Bombshell creates two CD's but if one of those is removed, then the ability deals less damage to the enemy and also deals damage to Bobbi. That's a text book definition of high risk/high reward that is the hall mark of Black abilities.

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim said:

Red is generally attacks with condition to deal increased damage, cf. Rocket Punch, Dive Bomb, Combined Forces, etc.

Black is generally powerful attacks with some drawback, cf. Court Death, Goblin Glider, Overdrive , etc.

In particular, I would compare Bombshell to Kate Bishop's Looking For Trouble. The later deals its damage up front and then the player must remove their own CD or take damage. Bombshell creates two CD's but if one of those is removed, then the ability deals less damage to the enemy and also deals damage to Bobbi. That's a text book definition of high risk/high reward that is the hall mark of Black abilities.

High damage attacks with conditional increase is /one/ of the things that red can do... and also one of the things that black can do (example: Full Blast, Jab Jab Cross.)

Similarly, powers with drawbacks, although marquee black, is something that red can also do, especially if the drawback is conditional (example: Symbiote Scythes, Move or be Moved, Unibeam, Supernova).

Most mechanics in the games are "shared" among at least two colours, which allows flexibility and a bit of variety. So yeah, this one could totally be black but it's not out of place as red. It is nowhere near the kind of break that other red powers like Savage Healing or Seeing Red are.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    That Yellow power is going to have the potential to create infinite loops.

Imagine opposing teams both with MockingBird + someone with board shake (Juggs/Loki etc). One fired power can cause the 2 Mockingbirds to endlessly trigger the board shake skill that creates a match 4+.

Obviously it's a long shot that it continues for more than an iteration or two but it's definitely possible.

Also curious how this interacts with the Professor and Teen Jean's passive (ie which goes first) in cases of match 5's.

KGB

P.S. Now we have confirmation of why Colossus's power was changed.

By the same token, any tile cascade has the potential to be infinite.  It just won't happen in actual human experience.

on top of that, we don't know if passives will trigger from passively-triggered skills at all -- will they set off Doctor Strange, for example?