Options
13»

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3*
    Psylocke
    Awful blue and underpowered red and black. No teams benefit from her.

4*
    The worst non-limited 4* might be Sandman or Agent Venom, but the one I want improved is Nick Fury. He started off as a damage dealer and now he's a victim of the game's power creep, with only one worthwhile power left.

5*
    Hulk. His blue passive is amazingly bad, and his second form isn't good enough to make up for his first form. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agent Venom just gets a bad rap because he's really frustrating to use when poorly covered. Once you've got him champed, he's great.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have Agent Venom fully covered and leveled him to 150 for DDQ. I've also used him when boosted and quite like him. I've held off on champing him as I've had other priorities (most recently Medusa, Carnage, Mr. F, & Riri) but his time is coming soon, me'thinks.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    M surprised nobody said 5* Thanos
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes my Agent Venom is poorly covered and I don't know if I've ever used him. I'm into the 5* characters now and I don't need a somewhat decent 4* damage dealer. I suppose the yellow is useful since most of the yellows in 4* and 5* land are junk.
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There's a lot of votes for 5* Starlord and only 2 for 5* Doc Ock, I want to understand that....
    Starlord is a god compared to doc ock...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    razor14 said:
    There's a lot of votes for 5* Starlord and only 2 for 5* Doc Ock, I want to understand that....
    I don't think anyone likes Starlord being a carbon copy of the 3*. More damage on the AOE and more (conditional!) healing from yellow is just a load of meh. All the other 3/5s are noticably differentiated.
    Strange: active effect for yellow despite sad loss of burst heal, permanent tile to eliminate enemy tiles.
    Thanos: stunning added to Court Death and board superiority of Infinite Power
    Hawkeye: Two completely different powers! They made the right choice in keeping the fun design of Full Quiver.
    Starlord: ...I have bigger numbers. At least give him "Dance off bro!" as a power.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    razor14 said:
    Of course he is. Just ask him.  B)
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    razor14 said:
    I don't think anyone likes Starlord being a carbon copy of the 3*. More damage on the AOE and more (conditional!) healing from yellow is just a load of meh. All the other 3/5s are noticably differentiated.
    Strange: active effect for yellow despite sad loss of burst heal, permanent tile to eliminate enemy tiles.
    Hawkeye: Two completely different powers! They made the right choice in keeping the fun design of Full Quiver.
    Starlord: ...I have bigger numbers. At least give him "Dance off bro!" as a power.
    It's not like SL doesn't need a rework, but Doc Ock is a huge failure attempt to do something nice...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    razor14 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    razor14 said:
    It's not like SL doesn't need a rework, but Doc Ock is a huge failure attempt to do something nice...
    I see Doc Oct as a novelty with a gimmick. Something fun to try and pull off, then move on to something effective. Sort of like Devil Dinosaur; a character to goof off with, but just for fun.
    Starlord doesn't have that kind of design. He looks like you're supposed to take him seriously, but doesn't have serious enough power for it to work.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Hulk
    4* Ghost Rider
    5* Hulk

Hulk is super powerful and doesn't get much respect in the game. 5* Hulk needs to collect the ap he matches. Aoe needs to be 10k or more at level 450. Match strength needs to be more strong!!! Hulk form needs a 3rd ability. Banner blue ability needs work. 

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see a lot of calls for XFW, but none of them seem to have any problem with his black, while it is fine for one use it should be spammable if you have the AP.

I would change XFW as follows:

Green - increase the damage or the board shake significantly or have it also generate some strike tiles so he is no longer the only wolverine not to do so.

Black - let the player select the colour it will destroy, this would allow more tactical use at the expense of damage if they player wanted and it would also allow the power to be usable more than once in a row.

Yellow - keep the countdown mechanic as that offers something different, but make it a passive that is activated when he has lost x% of his health and he has y ap in a particular colour. (x and y could vary based on the number of covers)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A fun way of changing Nick Fury’s yellow would be to upgrade the heroes he can call on for higher damage/different effects.

So for example

Iron Man would now be maybe War Machine and could possibly use his Heat Detection power (Blue) to remove special tiles

Cap would be FalCap and use his (Yellow) for protect tiles

Widow could be 3* version and trigger a version of her sniper rifle for board destruction (Green) Aoe damage

Hawkeye would be 3* version and fire his Boomerang arrow – countdown (Purple) tile for damage

Thor Goddess of Thunder to replace Hulk and use (Red) to give charged tiles

The programming wouldn't hopefully be that hard, just swapping in different animations.

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

A fun way of changing Nick Fury’s yellow would be to upgrade the heroes he can call on for higher damage/different effects.

So for example

Iron Man would now be maybe War Machine and could possibly use his Heat Detection power (Blue) to remove special tiles

Widow could be 3* version and trigger a version of her sniper rifle for board destruction (Green) Aoe damage

Hawkeye would be 3* version and fire his Boomerang arrow – countdown (Purple) tile for damage

The programming wouldn't hopefully be that hard, just swapping in different animations.

Really???? Have all these characters put special tiles on the board just for Black Widow to destroy everything with the sniper rifle? Smart thinking.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

So for example

Really???? Have all these characters put special tiles on the board just for Black Widow to destroy everything with the sniper rifle? Smart thinking.
    So have it resolve Widow first.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crowl said:
    I see a lot of calls for XFW, but none of them seem to have any problem with his black, while it is fine for one use it should be spammable if you have the AP.

I would change XFW as follows:

Green - increase the damage or the board shake significantly or have it also generate some strike tiles so he is no longer the only wolverine not to do so.

Black - let the player select the colour it will destroy, this would allow more tactical use at the expense of damage if they player wanted and it would also allow the power to be usable more than once in a row.

Yellow - keep the countdown mechanic as that offers something different, but make it a passive that is activated when he has lost x% of his health and he has y ap in a particular colour. (x and y could vary based on the number of covers)

I like these changes, but he would be very overpowered if all of them were made. I agree with black.  It's kind of a one hit wonder unless you down an enemy, and the most powerful color changes.  The problem is with that change, he would be a beast, and still green/yellow would still suck.

His Yellow really should be a passive heal like Patch.  I think if they made the green like you suggest, and change the Yellow (no need for damage, just passive heal him), then he'd much improved.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    heybub said:

His Yellow really should be a passive heal like Patch.  I think if they made the green like you suggest, and change the Yellow (no need for damage, just passive heal him), then he'd much improved.
    I'd probably be fine with the Yellow as is if they bumped his health up to the average level with Deadpool, X-23, or Moon Knight. That's about a 25% increase from what he has right now.

Then at least he could live long enough to see the CD resolve.

Or, it could heal him every turn, like Yaka Parachute. The flavour is still there (you interrupt the healing by matching it away and he gets angry and rips stuff up) but at least there's a nice middle ground where you get some healing even if not the full amount.

Speaking of Yondu... isn't it super weird that Yondo, who does not have a healing factor (as far as I know) gets a passive true heal (reactive though it may be) while Wolverine only gets an activated one that is, for most intents and purposes, worse?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* - Psylocke - her powers are laughably bad.  Her red and black do 2* damage and her blue is probably the worst power in the game.

4* - Fury - even his half-way decent blue is terrible compared to Spider-Woman.  Fury has 7 traps that do ~1500 each while Spider-Woman's traps are cheaper, do 5x the damage, and have another awesome aspect that can be done instead (Love instead of Fear).  And no one thinks Spider-Woman is a great character.  Fury's purple is a mess too.

5* - Doc Ock or Hulk are the obvious choices, but I'm going to go with Black-Suit Spidey.  Up the damage on his blue, lower the cost of his green, and make his purple work on all Attack, Strike and Protect tiles.  Make Spidey Great Again!
  • Scouseroy
    Scouseroy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After playing Prodigal Sun Sentry needs a redesign or better still a new version this guy should be terrifying but he's just sort of ineffective. Maybe a redesign more like cloak and dagger with a passive swap to the void when certain conditions are met
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

So for example

I wasn't intending it to be at the same level as normal - all of these are understandably scaled down versions. You could also limit it to destroying one colour.