Who do YOU think needs balancing?

Options

Comments

• Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    3* Psylocke is a popular choice. I like her abilities and I can see how she was set up. Her red and black are low powered but they're also low cost too, I feel like her attacks were designed to fuel further attacks but they just don't flow so well. I think that a change to her blue cover could do wonders with a little more synergy. It could be a passive to increase the damage of special tiles per turn, it could be a small gain in black and red AP per turn. If she's going to be a low damage\special tile character she could have an ability to give her some more bite.

3* Bullseye is almost useless without any allies or enemies who produce special tiles. I like this character and have used him in numerous select teams but they're with at least one character who can fuel him. If his passive produced a low covered enemy special tile every turn he'd probably be a lot more useful to people. The enemy special tile produce may not be a popular change to some people but it means that he can be used in every game with any character more effectively.

3* Hulk, his green and red need some serious overhauling by becoming less convoluted. Spiderman has a power that deals 7k damage straight off the bat, The Hulk has a power that deals 1k damage and removes 8 tiles. If I have 30 green tiles the damage doesn't increase, only the number of tiles removed.

3* Sentry, those nerfs should be removed now we're heavily into 4* territory. Bring back his beast status and then we can work on tweaking him.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Star Lord; there's nothing special about him at the 5* level since they just copied over his unimpressive 3* skillset.  
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* Grocket needs "balancing". Have a feeling he'll get a slight nerf in the near future. Just champed him before this season and the 3 of him, Medusa, and Gamora absolutely shred teams. His boosted strike tiles have the team dealing around 2K damage from turn one. Don't wanna see it happen but I feel it's necessary.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    3* Psylocke

I like Psylocke a lot and would love to see her more relevant. Her black and red are mostly fine, they just scale badly with levels; a coefficient tweak would set them right. Her blue really needs help, though - it should steal a small amount from several random pools instead of just draining the largest.

4* Tie: Nick Fury & Thing

Both are old characters and it shows. Nick's blue is still a great power, but his yellow and purple both suffer from Tries-To-Do-Too-Much Syndrome. Yellow could be fixed by simply removing the requirement to pool other colors, and purple needs tweaking - personally I'd like to see it lose either its damage or its AP drain, and in exchange increase the remaining effect and generate the strike instantly rather than wait for a CD.

Thing is still decent, his passive just needs a different way of triggering. It becomes harder to trigger the more he levels up, plus the recently-ended vaulting means other characters will likely be much higher level and thus have more health, making it even harder to trigger.

5* Black Suit Spidey

Black Suit was great when he first came around, due to the ever-presence of Phoenix/OML teams that relied so heavily on strike-spam. Now that massive amounts of strike damage is no longer the norm in 5* territory, he's hysterically underpowered compared to nearly all of the tier. His green costs a ludicrous 14 AP to do about 15k damage to one target, plus a stun - Thanos does more than that, to the entire enemy team, for 2 less AP. Yes, you have to protect a CD, but still. 

Blue isn't quite as bad but its damage is still low even when he's invisible. Its stun needs to last a turn longer, and he needs to still have the stun effect when invisible.

5* Runner-Up: Banner

Just let his auto-matches generate AP like 4* Rocket & Groot. Bam, he doesn't suck anymore.

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* I don't hate Psylocke as much as a lot of people, but I wouldn't say no to a bit more damage. My priority has to be The Hood though, with only one decent damage-dealing ability, and it ending the turn to boot.

4* 
    So many to choose from, but I'm never scared when I run into a Star-Lord, XFWolverine, Punisher MAX or Winter Soldier. None of them hold up in modern 4* play, although that might have more to say about the damage creep going on in modern 4* play than about these characters...

5* "Banner: Just let his auto-matches generate AP like 4* Rocket & Groot. Bam, he doesn't suck anymore." This. 1000x this.

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Hulk
    4* Sandman or Venom
    5* Hulk
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll go a slightly different route I guess.

3* Hood - Has a nice skill set but his health even boosted is pathetic. He is no more of a battery than IM40 and he has plenty of health. Was one of the most used 3's when they were a thing.

4* Ghost Rider - The ultimate in 1 trick pony. Even the devs admitted it on the podcast last week. Add an interesting dynamic to red or green,

5* Clearly Hulk needs lots of love but I will call for Phoenix. One of the original 5's and while there is nothing wrong with her per se, she has been surpassed by many 5's due to a power creep over time. Take a look at the older characters to be sure the damage output is similar to the newer class. Perhaps even look at the negative attack tiles if too many strikes are out. I now only see her when it's the players only option. 
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3*
    Hulk's green does less damage, to one target, than Beast's green does, if ANY friendly blue tile is out. The Dev really likes to put a value on board shake, but I don't value it like they do. Other examples of this are 1* Juggernaut, or 4* Wolverine. You either have NO damage and board shake, or weak damage and board shake. So he gets my vote. 

Psylocke should have repercussions for her blue being in play, eg pops strike - or attack tiles while she's got that timer tile present. If it's destroyed, it stuns someone x turns. That fixes Psylocke. Her blue enables her red and black, reducing their costs. That's the other thing. Her attacks (damage) should go up but have higher initial costs.

Sentry. Remove the damage from his yellow, or make two strike tiles. Et voila. Done.

4*
    Sandman needs to passively create protect tiles if enough yellows are in play, and needs a repercussion mechanic when they're matched (if fewer than x protect tiles are in play, Sandman spends AP and stuns). That should be the stun. He should have a hammer fist that places protect tiles, too. He's fixed.

Bucky 
    needs his blue to have more closely mirror Fury's blue. Even if you match the tiles, something should happen. This is also the case for Spider-Woman.

5*
    Hulk
    is obviously in need of a rework. S-L could use some love, too.
  • Failbot
    Failbot Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    She-Hulk - she has just a vibe of doing nothing particularly well. Just underwhelming overall outside of green spam
    Howard the Duck - Don't care that he's limited or a joke to the devs. I love the powers, just wish there was a bit more oomph there
    Star-Lord - See She-Hulk notes, but remove the green spam part.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loki the God of mischief, at the moment he is a PUNY GOD.
    Bring in the alternative Lady Loki, show the god some respect .
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2* storm (need more health)
    2* black widow (needs more health)

3* colossus (rework)
    3* pyslocke (rework blue)
    3* hood (needs more health)
    3* sentry(rework)

4* x-force wolverine (rework green)
    4*Iron fist (huge disappointment)
    *****wish they made a lazy 3* Version

5* OML (un nerf)
    5* hulk (total joke) 
    5* Dr Strange (needs more health) 
    5* star lord (have not really used or played against but really easy to kill. Nothing special) 

Darknes21
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Probably Rags or Psylocke, or maybe She-Hulk.  They are the two characters that I've never even thought about owning.  I think Sentry pairs well with 4* land with all the countdowns he can produce, so they've inadvertently bufffed him by adding characters like Carol and Coulson.

4* There's a few to choose from (Ant-Man, Thing, Nick Fury), I think Ghost Rider has to be the main candidate.  Ghost Rider is a pretty cool character, and seeing how there is only one version, they really need to show the guy some love.

5* I can name a few (Surfer-should be much more awesome, BW-way too slow), I think Banner is the real weak link.  I mean, 1) He's the Hulk, and 2) He's a 5* Hulk, and 3)  He's the Hulk....This guy should be Thanos scary. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised at the number of people who have called for She-Hulk. With tile theft and AP denial she's one of the more unique 3-stars. One of my favorite teams is She-Hulk, 3Cage, and Peggy. She-Hulk's green and Peggy's yellow passive will keep enemy power casts at a minimum while Cage's red defense tile (when set at 5) will eliminate any incoming match damage. I use that team all the time in PvE Dark Avengers nodes because you never need health packs afterwards to keep using the same team.

She's really useful against all the special-tile spammers that are so popular, too. Her red will violate the lower half of the board and clear out a lot of clutter, or you can use her blue to just steal some of them.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    She hulk doesn't need a buff. Constantly destroying ap and tiles. Amd high health. The only thing bad is that you can't 5,5,5 her powers.

Sentry yellow needs to take only like 500 health. His green sucks but if you have that yellow out and can pop of atleast 10 of the countdown tiles it's deadly. Would be hard to balance tbh. But you can really only play him one game before his out of hp.

Pslockr blue sucks. Needs to be a passive that generates black ap. Or better yet fortifies tiles

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I'm surprised at the number of people who have called for She-Hulk. With tile theft and AP denial she's one of the more unique 3-stars. One of my favorite teams is She-Hulk, 3Cage, and Peggy. She-Hulk's green and Peggy's yellow passive will keep enemy power casts at a minimum while Cage's red defense tile (when set at 5) will eliminate any incoming match damage. I use that team all the time in PvE Dark Avengers nodes because you never need health packs afterwards to keep using the same team.

She's really useful against all the special-tile spammers that are so popular, too. Her red will violate the lower half of the board and clear out a lot of clutter, or you can use her blue to just steal some of them.
    hmmm...maybe I should rethink She-Hulk and add her to the roster...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Captain Marvel - Generating all the red & black in the world means nothing if your abilities with them are underwhelming. More importantly, if she's not tanking her fair share of colors, then she isn't generating anything period. Her red damage is laughable, and even though the secondary effect can prove very useful, most people aren't going to be willing to sacrifice the color red to do it. When the game has given us people like Doc Ock, Bulls3ye, DareDevil, Hawkguy, and 3Star-Lord (kept it to 3s assuming most 4* folks are FAR past using her) for dealing with protect tiles, her moveset seems pretty archaic. Her black is equally underwhelming, paling in comparison to people like Cag3, Blad3, Cyk3, Panther, and Mystique just to name a few. If she's leveled high enough that she can tank and charge up people's nukes with her passive then great, but even still it's never good if a character has to get their butt kicked to be useful. 

4* Sam Wilson (Flaptain) -  They made this guy's abilities way too finicky to be pulled off reliably, but I also think he's actually a very easy fix for that exact reason. If they made it so that his protect tiles didn't have to be yellow basics, and cost less AP to pull off, that would instantly improve him almost tenfold IMO. Make his red add damage for every protect period, not just yellow? This guy would a monster on the right team. As it stands though, his yellow and red are way too difficult to pull off together, which just makes him not even worth bringing to the party. His blue passive is nice, and I actually like it just the way it is (CM4 requires a CD to resolve, Coulson requires you keep a certain balance of TU AP) but he has not other qualities that earn him a spot. 

5* Hulk - I used to straight up laugh when people threw this guy at me in PVP. Aside from the usual 5* match damage, the only thing that made this guy even remotely scary was his potential second health bar. If you can prevent him from even getting that far though, he's practically a teddy bear who isn't particularly good at anything he does, despite his apparent smarts lol. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sentry,  Doc Oct, Colossus, Psylocke, and Mystique

Sandman, Ghost rider, Nick fury, Sam Wilson, Wovlerine, Winter solider.

Not really rostered up to tell, but off what I've faced. 

Black suit spidey, Hulk
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm seconding the 3* Captain Marvel comments. Even when she was boosted I ignored her completely, the nodes presented during her boosted time didn't have enemies that produced defensive tiles so I didn't include her unless she was required. When faced against her I just push her to the back so she isn't a battery. Even with the battery in effect, when facing her she is just more bark than bite.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* So many metions of Psylocke, yet so few mentions of Ragnarok. Is it just because they don't want to deal with a Rags in PVE that's actually good? While his spammable red isn't the worst, Godlike Power just isn't strong enough. For its high cost of 14, it's worse than most every other AOE in the 3* tier. It deals less damage than the lower cost Embiggened Bash (to be fair, Kamala is support, which tends to equal more damage per AP) and also less damage than the same cost Whales, Whales, Whales. That second one really shows the issue. DP also has a spammable red, which will usually do twice the damage of Rags' red. Whales does about 50% more damage than Rags' green with no drawbacks. It's slightly more damaging than Starlord's Bit of Both while also destroying fewer random columns, destroying friendly tiles in the random path, and damaging his allies. Why does it damage allies!? It's expensive, not a cheap and dirty path. If self damage is going to be there, the cost should go down. Turn it down to eleven. Like, seriously, match the cost of the higher damage Supernova and you should be there. (A lightning-like zig-zag to the destroyed tiles would be nice too).

4* Why is Sand Smash so bad? It's so very bad. Mordo's Staff of Living Tribunal is better (and a potential model for how it could work too). So, please, early rebablance to Sandman. Still champing Vulture first, regardless (Sim 2K got him to 13!), but as Flint is now, I'd probably skip him for the next several other new releases as well, alongside getting the old characters Champed as well (War Machine in 2 weeks from Daily Drops, possibly Eddie Venom in 9 days, depending on PVP/PVE rewards or stuff from Heroic Tokens).

5* Not actually playing in this tier, so I mostly have other player's opinions to go by. Spider-Man BiB has unique utility in his purple, making him useful to a 5* player against Kaecilius, and breathing life into him for PVP with the popularity of Grocket. Unfortunately, with the lack of stuns amongst 5* characters, the larger part of Spidey's power is hard to come by. Blue is as sad as Venom Blast, and Automotive artillery is expensive. If tier 5 had more stun options, it might not be so bad. Honorable mentions for Hulk not generating AP with his free match and Old Man Logan not healing when alone. Oh, and Super Lazy Starlord needs changes to differentiate him from 3* version. Something Bad especially needs a change of some kind.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually don't think Psylocke is terrible because her red and black have so low of AP costs and their damage isn't great but not awful based on that.  Her blue is the real weak part of her build and if it was altered somewhat, perhaps to a passive and can conditionally steal AP etc, she would be much better.

I would say 3* Hulk needs the most attention.  As laid out by previous posters, his black actually becomes somewhat worse as he gains health in that it fires less often and his green is a decent board shake but could use a little more damage or a little more board shake.  His red is just awful and should do much more damage and be completely re-worked. 

In 4* land, 4* Wolverine actually isn't terrible but could use a little more health and his green needs a lot of help.  His black and yellow are actually pretty good.  

I would say in 4* land that Sandman is a complete waste of roster space, which is ironic since he is one of the newer characters.

Haven't played enough 5* to give a good opinion but just from first glance, 5* Cap does seem pretty awful.