Divine Champs "Beta Test" Awards

13»

Comments

• Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    I'm playing in SCL8 for once, and I love it. I'm at 28 wins so far, and it feels like so much less effort, and definitely far less stress, than it used to be to make 575. Just play a couple of matches here and there, whenever I want. Seeing far more variety in teams I'm facing, as a lot of people don't seem to care about using a strong defensive team, so it's not just the same few variations all the time. I think this is the first time PvP has actually been fun for me.
    I was thinking the same about team variety and people not worrying about defense as much which is great. Weirdly my team has been defending really well (better than i expected) but not having to worry about losing progression points has made it so not only do you not have to worry as much about defense, but in a similar way it means that you can actually tinker and change your team to suit individual opponents if need be which is pretty cool. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to say....I chose S5, SCL 7.  My normal choice for the first half of the week.  It appears that big rosters dropped past SCL 7, so I could end up with a T10 finish and my first collection of the 15CP ever.  I am at 11th with around 530 points right now, unshielded, and no big 5* roster in t10.  I usually hit 900, when possible (probably 60-75%), and shield out.  Last season was blood-bathy and I missed the 4* cover a few times, so I don't mind this change so far.  I have almost all 4*s champed, no 5 champed as RNGesus hates me with a 12.5% 5* rate over my 630 lifetime pulls.  So I could end up very happy after this event.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to free one hour before sleeping last night, and tried this. Nice variety all around, with only half the teams I found being similar to the Medusa/Carol/Blade/Peggy/Bofa/Iceman I fight all the time in Simulator.
    I, myself, used my old favorite Kamala/Ragnarok/IM40. Got over a dozen victories in that time, speding few health packs. Will continue tonight. Starting, I suppose, with all the retaliations.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    If you don't need XFW rewards, for instance because he is vaulted and you don't have him already champed, you can go all the way down to scl 5 and get pretty much the same rewards..

So guess what, scl5 players? You'll be getting a bunch of extra people in your brackets that would lose out on their 1200 score cp. Too bad for you, but it is what D3 wants. Best go down to play below your reward tier, just like with the PVE test.
    Yes, more of This! There was one 5* player in my cl8 bracket because of everyone slumming!  Very easy t5.  Please, EVERYONE move down, make my placement nice and easy!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    If you don't need XFW rewards, for instance because he is vaulted and you don't have him already champed, you can go all the way down to scl 5 and get pretty much the same rewards..

So guess what, scl5 players? You'll be getting a bunch of extra people in your brackets that would lose out on their 1200 score cp. Too bad for you, but it is what D3 wants. Best go down to play below your reward tier, just like with the PVE test.
    Yes, more of This! There was one 5* player in my cl8 bracket because of everyone slumming!  Very easy t5.  Please, EVERYONE move down, make my placement nice and easy!

I was expecting to have to break after going to bed on an 8 hour shield to keep top5.  Was surprised when I woke up that there was no movement at all in the bracket to finish 1st with a 200 point margin!
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I picked SCL7 my usual bracket. I likely will make top 100 which is about 200 ranks above where I usually place just from hitting the seed teams with Lv 1 1*s in them or not playing at all.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up getting the extra 15 CP from taking 6th in SCL5.  That being said I and others should be discouraged, not encouraged, to drop down 2 or more levels in SCL.  This is probably the first most glaring problem with this system.  The second is that it doesn't scale well to endgame rosters.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I ended up getting the extra 15 CP from taking 6th in SCL5.  That being said I and others should be discouraged, not encouraged, to drop down 2 or more levels in SCL.  This is probably the first most glaring problem with this system.  The second is that it doesn't scale well to endgame rosters.
    But if you don't, you miss the cp you would normally have gotten (20 matches earlier). And if you're in Scl8, cp is likely the reward that matters most.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    broll said:
    But if you don't, you miss the cp you would normally have gotten (20 matches earlier). And if you're in Scl8, cp is likely the reward that matters most.
    Actually I'd probably take the guaranteed 4* 9 times out of 10 and I've been in SCL8 since it was a thing.  I only chased it this time because XFW is already champed and an underwhelming character, there's only 4-6 characters I'd pass up for similar reasons.

But that wasn't really my point.  My point was that 15 CP is a bad idea and it needs to go back into progression for those who want/need it.