Divine Champs "Beta Test" Awards

irwando
irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
You know, if you want us to actually play in this beta test maybe give some awards worth achieving?  A 3* Rags and 4* XFW?  I guess you could have picked Agent Venom to make it worse, but come on.

If you want us to participate put in awards we want.  3* Thanos, Strange, Hawkeye, IF, anyone else really. 4* Peggy, Iceman, maybe get crazy and throw in a Vulture Black?

I was willing to play the beta for a decent award to see how it felt. Now? Why bother?

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    If you don't need XFW rewards, for instance because he is vaulted and you don't have him already champed, you can go all the way down to scl 5 and get pretty much the same rewards..

So guess what, scl5 players? You'll be getting a bunch of extra people in your brackets that would lose out on their 1200 score cp. Too bad for you, but it is what D3 wants. Best go down to play below your reward tier, just like with the PVE test.
    i am thinking of doing that. going down to SCL 5 for the cp
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, a test is not one and done. A test implies - requires - more than one run to produce results to be analyzed.  So I assume test #1 is run with lesser rewards, to be followed up with a later one with better rewards.  Which actually will probably result in more engagement in test 2.  

And two vaulted covers are not bad for guaranteed rewards.  Ask a player with 0 XFW covers if they want one for BB.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Don't hate on Agent Venom. He's pretty tough. The black is cheap and the yellow is a bit overpriced, but effective. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got my 10 cp pretty much from the seed teams.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, sure, substitute  Elektra or Venom or whichever low tier 4* you want in.

Point is if you really want to run this test put prizes that a large majority of folks old and new would want.  A Vulture Black would be perfect.  Maybe a Peggy, Iceman, or RHulk from the Vault.

As is if this was not a beta test I'd be likely to skip it based on these prizes, and now that they will require even more time to earn them, I'm even more likely to skip.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I just reached the 16 win plateau (one defensive win, and two defensive losses) and received the 10 CP. My score, according to the old method, was 538. So it actually took less time to earn the 10 CP than normal. Your mileage may vary, of course, but here's one data point.

Edit - Win #20 came at 605 points, with another defensive loss thrown in there for good measure.
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    irwando said:

Point is if you really want to run this test put prizes that a large majority of folks old and new would want.  A Vulture Black would be perfect.  Maybe a Peggy, Iceman, or RHulk from the Vault.

As is if this was not a beta test I'd be likely to skip it based on these prizes, and now that they will require even more time to earn them, I'm even more likely to skip.  
    I'm not sure you understand the point of this test. Offering a cover that people really want would distort participation levels. The devs will want to see how people approach the event with an average cover.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit 20 wins at 525 points overall. Fast and easy 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killabee said:
    4* reward for 40 win progression is a win/win for me. Give me the worst possible 4* as a reward, I'm still happy. No test=575-725 points and no 4* even if I win more than 40 battles. Test=4* in the bag. I'm a 4* transitioner and love this test. While I do sympathize for the ones that achieve 1200+ points with less than 40 wins to get their 10cp, I wasn't getting those type rewards any way. In all fairness, the best solution was offered by someone that mentioned give progression rewards for both wins and points achieved. With only the regular point system, there was no incentives for most 4* transitioners or below to even try to achieve the point threshold to get 900 points when you get attacked regularly by 5*s with over 40k hp.
    Same. Even when I do well I usually get kicked in the teeth when I get around 750 so I can be a hair away from hitting 800 then I'm met with a handful of losses that knocks me down. Fight, heal, knocked down, fight, heal, knocked down, fight, heal, knocked down. So what do I get out of all that in the current system? Handful of 1*s, iso and maybe one or two 2*s for my farm if I'm lucky. At least this way even though I would still be losing points from defensive losses all of my wins would add up to something decent for all of my effort. And something else, on occasion there will be someone with a pretty bad roster that can pull out a win because the puzzle gods smiled on them. Normally what would I get if I retaliated and won? Maybe 1 point. Oooh a whole point. Well, now that one victory that I would normally skip because one point isn't worth my time when I'm doing a run could be the last win to help me get a 4*.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    irwando said:

Somebody else touched upon it but putting top rewards will greatly skew actually test results since everybody go crazy and that wont help get true results. Giving out a lowend 3* but is an essential for LRs so he has some value and a mid 4* (but is vaulted) is actually perfect rewards to get solid average results.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Huntah86 said:
    irwando said:

Somebody else touched upon it but putting top rewards will greatly skew actually test results since everybody go crazy and that wont help get true results. Giving out a lowend 3* but is an essential for LRs so he has some value and a mid 4* (but is vaulted) is actually perfect rewards to get solid average results.
    Exactly. Most likely the target for these type of rewards are the people who do not have such developed rosters, and can earn a 4* by putting in time, without the stress of worrying about shields and shield hopping. Now it's more of a "play when you can to get 40 wins" instead of "try to reach 900 with a substandard roster and limited hero points, all while making sure you have the correct characters boosted to quickly climb as high as you can and throw up another shield before being hit by people who are way better and more competitive than you."
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    sh81 said:
    Both PVE tests were exactly the same, the only difference was one was a release event.  They didnt tweak or change anything.
    Well, the second PVE test actually had the advertised enemy levels at clearance level 8.

That said, there is value in reusing the same test parameters for multiple tournaments.  At this point, no one knows what strategies will give the best results.  Players will try out certain things this time, and refine those strategies for the next test.  So each run could provide different data to the developers.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might follow the Broll's lead. I don't care for Xforce. I care for 10 CP after 16 matches (it's there in SCL5) and i care for 15 CP from placement (there in SCL5, not sure if I can get it but I couldn't in the regulard system). So it's an open invitation to drop from SCL7 to SCL5 when my roster should be in SCL8 and waiting for SCL9. Well done devs.