Mind Gem Season Changes *Updated (7/25/17)

Options

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (Waits for negative comments, such as, "So you aren't fixing Vulture first?" or "Another ploy to get money")
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Booo.  I was looking forward to having zero demands on my ISO flow this season, and also pushing out the vaulting date of some of the top tier 4s (Medusa, Carol) long enough to outlast the current garbage 5s in latest (SL, Ock).
  • zodiac339
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Booo.  I was looking forward to having zero demands on my ISO flow this season, and also pushing out the vaulting date of some of the top tier 4s (Medusa, Carol) long enough to outlast the current garbage 5s in latest (SL, Ock).
    Thank you for reinforcing my belief in this community. However, the other 4*s would have left on time. Next season would have just moved out two instead of one. YOu need to be more pessimistic.

Okay, joking aside, I'll be happy to plan to get Vulture soon and ignore Sandman.

EDIT: Getting antsy for Marvel News to get the Piecing Together article up.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Thank you for reinforcing my belief in this community. However, the other 4*s would have left on time. Next season would have just moved out two instead of one. YOu need to be more pessimistic.

Okay, joking aside, I'll be happy to plan to get Vulture soon and ignore Sandman.

2 were expected to drop next season anyway (Agent Venom and Medusa if Blade rotates now, Blade and Agent Venom if he didn't).  They've never rotated 3 out in one season, and I'd be surprised if that changed, so based on the original announcement there was a good chance of Medusa getting a one season reprieve.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

Other than someone with a maxed-champed Bl4de, I don't know who would not welcome an extra month of pulling him in tokens. 

But thank you for restoring my faith in complaining about complainers. 

Edit: looking at his stats, I can see why people would want him, but people would also like a reprieve from the hamster of champing the 12. I was at now 10, now 9 when Bl4de leaves. Will have IF champed in two weeks and probably have finished Sandman by then too.

It's fun being about to cover these characters so quickly, but I'm not even really playing with them once I champ. Champ and move on, champ and move on. That's the new meta.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Vulture will be entering packs, and Blade (Modern) will be exiting packs.
    Wooooooooooooooooo!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll miss Blade, he was my first champed 4*, but I'm ready for those sweet sweet Vulture covers. Sitting on five legendaries, that's a lot of hoarding for me, so I will probably get a seventh yellow Agent Venom, Doc Ock, a blue Vulture putting him at 0/1/4, a champ level for newly champed Riri and a Sandman with bonus Wasp and her legendary champ reward will give me a Coulson.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

2 were expected to drop next season anyway (Agent Venom and Medusa if Blade rotates now, Blade and Agent Venom if he didn't).  They've never rotated 3 out in one season, and I'd be surprised if that changed, so based on the original announcement there was a good chance of Medusa getting a one season reprieve.
    No, only 1. The next character after Cs Diamond will be too late in the season, and probably won't have PVP until start of next season, delaying pack rotation for that character until the season after. And then we'll probably get a 5*, so that should be the only 4* change on that season.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Does Staff of the Living Tribunal do:
    (Damage + convert charged) or (better damage)

or does it do:

(damage) + (covert charged or more damage)

The wording is pretty ambiguous with everything just being string along with commas and "or"s
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Jaedenkaal I asked the exact same thing on Discord yesterday. I was told it's the former. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Jaedenkaal I asked the exact same thing on Discord yesterday. I was told it's the former. 
    Rats
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    mexus said:
    Any Vulture news, @Brigby? I don't wanna nag but now I'm nagging, not knowing what to expect and how to plan my roster tickle my worst OCD nerves.
    I don't want to nag Brigby because he does the best he can for us to keep the line of communication open, but I sure as hell want to nag the devs for changing the character release rules, that have functioned the same way for years, with zero warning whatsoever.

I swear they must have a guy on staff to just sit there and say things like "Sinister Six seems to be well accepted, we better screw with something they're familiar with so they don't start thinking we're getting good at this."
    I've postulated for a while there's a guy on staff who likes to break stuff.
    I call him Kevin Killjoy. Every now and then he goes on holiday and we get awesome stuff like a new DDQ or a 4* cover in progression. But then he comes back and wonders what the devs are doing being nice to the players, so he programs in stuff like vaulting and Boss Rush 1.0
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Excited that Vulture is entering the packs, as he should have, but I'll miss Bl4de.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    zodiac339 said:

No, only 1. The next character after Cs Diamond will be too late in the season, and probably won't have PVP until start of next season, delaying pack rotation for that character until the season after. And then we'll probably get a 5*, so that should be the only 4* change on that season.
    You are both correct and incorrect, I think.  The next new character should be a 5*, if the 4,4,5 pattern holds.  Vulture, "Diamond", 5*.  But the 5 will push the next 4 past this season starting tomorrow.  So only one will drop out.  One more season for Wonky Venom.

But, if they had a 4 in two weeks, that event would end 6-7 days before season end, which is plenty of time to run a season-ending PVP.

The season after, starting Aug 24, will have two valid 4's under the current pattern.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    mexus said:
    Any Vulture news, @Brigby? I don't wanna nag but now I'm nagging, not knowing what to expect and how to plan my roster tickle my worst OCD nerves.
    I don't want to nag Brigby because he does the best he can for us to keep the line of communication open, but I sure as hell want to nag the devs for changing the character release rules, that have functioned the same way for years, with zero warning whatsoever.

I swear they must have a guy on staff to just sit there and say things like "Sinister Six seems to be well accepted, we better screw with something they're familiar with so they don't start thinking we're getting good at this."
    I've postulated for a while there's a guy on staff who likes to break stuff.
    I call him Kevin Killjoy. Every now and then he goes on holiday and we get awesome stuff like a new DDQ or a 4* cover in progression. But then he comes back and wonders what the devs are doing being nice to the players, so he programs in stuff like vaulting and Boss Rush 1.0
    That explains this small image I noticed when vaulting was announced:

Killjoy was here....
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    shardwick said:
    I'll miss Blade...
    Sitting on 15 legendaries and 500CP - my biggest collection yet.
    WIth a bit of bad luck that could really generate zero Vultures. :) And if it does I will never save up tokens and CP again.
    I'm right there with you at 16LT + 570CP.
    Glad I waited, almost pulled when we incorrectly heard that Vulture would be waiting 4 more weeks. Also as stated by others, would have been happy to potentially increase Bl4de, but Vulture has been very fun and interesting so far.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    shardwick said:
    I'll miss Blade...
    Sitting on 15 legendaries and 500CP - my biggest collection yet.
    WIth a bit of bad luck that could really generate zero Vultures. :) And if it does I will never save up tokens and CP again.
    I'm right there with you at 16LT + 570CP.
    Glad I waited, almost pulled when we incorrectly heard that Vulture would be waiting 4 more weeks. Also as stated by others, would have been happy to potentially increase Bl4de, but Vulture has been very fun and interesting so far.
    Yeah! Let's meet up here tomorrow again and compare our pulls. :)
    Phrasing.  (Are we still doing phrasing?)

Nice Archer reference, fives.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:

Edit: looking at his stats, I can see why people would want him, but people would also like a reprieve from the hamster of champing the 12. I was at now 10, now 9 when Bl4de leaves. Will have IF champed in two weeks and probably have finished Sandman by then too.

It's fun being about to cover these characters so quickly, but I'm not even really playing with them once I champ. Champ and move on, champ and move on. That's the new meta.
    I find that the new meta for me is pick 2-3 boosted characters with the best synergy to produce fast clears, so having a continuous supply of new champs works out well unless one is a complete stinker.