Mind Gem Season Changes *Updated (7/25/17)

Options

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Changes look solid for both. As for adding to packs or not, I won't be heartbroken if I get one more month to add levels to Blade before he cycles out.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, so maybe like Grocket and Gamora, we'll have 2 new entering and Blade and Medusa retiring as a pair. We should be on track for [weird diamond code] release on Thursday. It shouldn't be super awful, outside of the very long wait with Vulture langishing and no covers possible. (Personally, I have other priorities anyway, so no biggie).
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agent venom is before medus
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Agent venom is before medus
    Oh, yeah. Legitimately forgot him.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. 4-Star characters are usually added to packs the season after their Versus tournament occurs, however since the scheduling for Vulture's event happened to start just prior to the new season, the development team will be reviewing the decision on pack contents again on Monday.

I will be sure to update the post once I hear back from them.
    I would make sure you double-check this one with the devs, because it's flat wrong.

Vulture's release includes the PVE release where he's available for placement (Venom Bomb), the PVE where he's featured and available in progression (The Hulk), the PVP where he's available for placement (Blind Justice, Daredevil's PVP), and the PVP where he's featured and available in progression (Junkyard Wars).

That'll all be done THIS season, and will wrap up well before the next season starts, so he's 100% supposed to rotate into packs with the start of the next season. THEIR RULES say Vulture should be added to packs.

(unless the devs are changing the rules, in which case, expect a riot from everyone who won't be happy)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will wait on the final numbers, but I'm not crazy about these changes. I do like Riri's blue upgrade and her green might be cooler, but I'm worried the numbers aren't going to be great. Especially for her red. She might end up less of glass cannon and just average. Bit bummed about Mordo's health reduction too, but hopefully the numbers offset that.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Brigby said:
    General:
    Riri Williams's health has been increased. At level 270, her health has been increased from 10,976 to 15,641.
    Now guys, you all remember my post about females having lower health than is reasonable, right?

Now...I'm not going to say this change is due to me. That would be incredibly arrogant. No no, instead I'll just let you all say it and thank me later =)
    Moonstone.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vulture should be added, I don't really see why Mordo needed to trade health away and the changes to rye rye will I ams look really interesting.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wow, that is a huge % increase in health for Ironheart, fantastic.
    She was already a good partner with Medusa when up against an enemy Medusa. Easily earning green to send opponents airborne, and as soon as the land, red for the KO. But the problem in that scenario was Riri's blue power... until this rework! Pulling up to 4 enemy attack tiles of any color to the center and turning them into red basic/charged tiles? Plus some damage? Medusa nerf. Can't wait. 

Interesting changes for Mordo, hate to have him lose health of course. I typically used him for his blue and purple since I always brought along a better black user to accumulate for. These changes will make him much more versatile now, so it will be fun to test a few different teams. 

Well done dev's!
    [Did we miss the opportunity for an Agent Venom rework? I actually like his black, and yellow, but wish it included him}.  
  • zodiac339
    Options
    snlf25 said:
    Vulture should be added, I don't really see why Mordo needed to trade health away and the changes to rye rye will I ams look really interesting.
    Mordo always had a bit more health than I could understand. The nerf looks a bit overboard, rather than bringng him to a reasonable place. Like, Kingpin health would be fine, or maybe slightly less than someone wearing high-tech armor. Bring it up another 500~1000 health, and it's about right
  • TTTSB
    TTTSB Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sorry for being slow, but just wanted to double check. Does Riri's red now act like Peggy's blue in that it doesn't do anything to the character in front (and affects everyone else), but if there's only one enemy it's kind of like 4*Fist's green?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I understand it:

If there are three enemies it deals X damage each to the two you're not targeting.

If there are two enemies it does X damage to the one you're not targeting.

If there's only one enemy, it does 2X damage to them.

So as long as you only use the move when facing either a full team or a single foe, it will deal a total of 2X damage.
  • TTTSB
    TTTSB Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ah, thank you. It's interesting to have a move that starts off useful, gets less useful, then becomes more useful again.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no special affinity for these characters, but pending the numbers, they could now become exciting additions to several teams I'm mulling over.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect 2X will be less than the what Gauntlets did before.  That's unless they value the countdown tile it used to place as balancing out the extra health.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The health change for Riri would have been enough to make her decent. We'll see how the numbers turn out. It would be nice to see some changes to 5stars too though. BSSM, Star Lord, Doc Ock, Banner could all use some love.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The health change for Riri would have been enough to make her decent. We'll see how the numbers turn out. It would be nice to see some changes to 5stars too though. BSSM, Star Lord, Doc Ock, Banner could all use some love.
    I've been saying she needed more health and her blue should have some red feeding capacity, even if relatively minor.  Now she has more health, blue feeds red (potentially quite well), blue does damage, red is quite different, and green is changed as well.   It's all a lot more complex,  as are the changes to Mordo, and it will be interesting to see the final numbers.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Power with Purpose - 9 Purple AP
    Deals damage for each AP in the enemy's highest AP pool, then destroys AP from that color (5 AP at power level 5)

Sounds similar to pre-nerf XFW... Remember that guy? Where's his rebalance?