What this game Really Needs is.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Real-time actual pvp battles!  Won't happen but would be awesome.
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    Tucsonjon said:
    Yeah, True PvP would be great. The only difference between Story and Versus is that you get to lose 20 games while you're busy winning one. That's all. There's not even a challenge.

Those guys who spent a lot in this game since years may have like 10000 5 stars heroes at max, and yet, they have no idea about playing the game actually against a live opponent.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tucsonjon said:
    Yeah, True PvP would be great. The only difference between Story and Versus is that you get to lose 20 games while you're busy winning one. That's all. There's not even a challenge.

Those guys who spent a lot in this game since years may have like 10000 5 stars heroes at max, and yet, they have no idea about playing the game actually against a live opponent.
    Real time PVP is the worst part of any mobile game. And here it would be even more atrocious. 
    Assume 30 second timer to make a move (incredibly short for a RT vs game), even beating a seal team would take several minutes. Not too mention the incredible lack of targets you would have.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Tucsonjon said:

Real time PVP is the worst part of any mobile game. And here it would be even more atrocious. 
    Assume 30 second timer to make a move (incredibly short for a RT vs game), even beating a seal team would take several minutes. Not too mention the incredible lack of targets you would have.
    And of course you can expect one out of three opponents to let that timer run out to the last millisecond once they think they're going to lose.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If PvP when to real-time against live players I would avoid it at all costs. It would be so awful.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Straycat said:
    If they did do this, I feel like the main sentiment would be, "fine, but why?" The amount of time it would take for the devs to implement it would be 10,000x the amount of time it might save.
    Or more likely they would do it and break something else.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
     I would love to see this and it shouldnt be too much trouble. They can do this right after they take out the player competition in the PLAYER VS ENVIRONMENT mode.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would like an event where I could compete with my alliance members. Not real time though
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would like an event where I could compete with my alliance members. Not real time though
    They're called boss battles, and there should be one again in a few weeks/couple months I'd think.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They're called boss battles, and there should be one again in a few weeks/couple months I'd think.
    I think s/he means directly against alliance members?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     That's how I read it too, and the only time that's happened that I can recall is the first Boss Rush. 
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If so, ugh.  Wasn't the first Boss Rush universally despised in large part due to this very reward structure?  Or was it solely the scaling was off the chain and Phx was a mean *lady*.

No editing was required by Ducky

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If so, ugh.  Wasn't the first Boss Rush universally despised in large part due to this very reward structure?  Or was it solely the scaling was off the chain and Phx was a mean *lady*.

Dude.... Phoenix **** me every time..... No joke. Every. Damn. Time. Could not beat her.....
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any complaints of the reward structure were far, far overshadowed by complaints of the difficulty and structure of the event itself. Unlike the Sinister Six event we just had, the boss characters got to keep the AP earned from the previous wave. So if you managed to limp past Phoenix, the next one would pop up (not sure who) with full health and likely enough AP to fire off powers from the get go. 
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    just bump it...
    We are not allowed to.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/4/forum-rules-please-read-before-posting#latest
    14. No spamming. This includes posting off-topic content, advertisements, low-content posts like lone emoticons, or any other posts that do not actually contribute information to the topic at hand (such as *bump* posts).
    If anything, I like the suggestion. It's been suggested before and some other variations of it, check the Suggestion and Feedback section.. but, it's still not done yet. The developers must have other things better to do.
    Yeah like raising the price of some features.