Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Vulture cover distribution

2»

Comments

• BoyWonder1914BoyWonder1914 Posts: 704 Critical Contributor
    It was wishful thinking hoping that they'd give us Vulture covers as the reward for the boss event, but I'll take the Miles champ levels I suppose. 
  • DesertTortoiseDesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    There's a set pattern to cover releases

• Cover 1: T10 release placement, an additional one for T2. Next season's 2K shield sim prize
    • Cover 2: T20 release placement, essential progression reward, PvP progression reward (other two covers are placement in event previous to character's PvP event)
    • Cover 3: T100 release placement, T100 alliance release placement
  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,788 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a set pattern to cover releases

• Cover 1: T10 release placement, an additional one for T2. Next season's 2K shield sim prize
    • Cover 2: T20 release placement, essential progression reward, PvP progression reward (other two covers are placement in event previous to character's PvP event)
    • Cover 3: T100 release placement, T100 alliance release placement
    Well, they're not following the pattern this time. Placement in Daredevil's PvP are covers 1 and 2, with cover 3 awarded in PvP progression. 
  • dstanndstann Age Unconfirmed Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I always found it a little annoying how in new character events the individual reward for top 100 and the alliance reward for top 100 are always the same color.  Why not make it a bit more fun and make it so they are different and the character becomes more usable.
  • BearVengerBearVenger Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017

I agree with dstann, I usually max out Cover 3 on new releases before I get 2 or 3 of Cover 1. It makes me sad to burn a new release cover for ISO.
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was wishful thinking hoping that they'd give us Vulture covers as the reward for the boss event, but I'll take the Miles champ levels I suppose. 
    Boss alliance rewards are almost never the placement 4* from the previous event. Just look at the recent Spidey PvE: the preceding PvE gave Antman for placement rewards, but for Spidey PvE itself the progression was Carol Danvers
  • OrionOrion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got my 0/1/4 Vulture now.  What's the cover in the Hulk vault?  Blue, of course.
  • DaichesDaiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Not sure why people even worry about this. With vaulting he will be champed in a few months. 
    Yeah, but they could still be smarter about this.  I finished top 100 and got my cover, plus the alliance cover.  Then my Venom Bomb token lucked me into another cover, but it was blue too.  So now he's 0/0/3, and after progression in Hulk PvE, he'll be 0/1/4.  The alliance cover shouldn't match the top 100 cover, and neither should the 2 Hulk progression covers.

I'll still champ him fairly quickly, but starting off at 0/1/4 means a MUCH higher chance of wasting some blue covers before I'm able to max cover him.
    0/1/4 here too. I feel your pain. And my Hulk vault can make him 0/1/5....
  • supergarvsupergarv Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Got him at 0/3/3 - so also missing that one cover that makes him awesome. And I can't even spend CP on it.
  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,788 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I'll probably be finishing his release event with 1/3/3.
  • dpochdpoch Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    My 0-1-3 Vulture (& 1-2-3 Sandman) would agree. My 3-5-3 4* R&G also can't get max-covered soon enough. Edit: Forgot to mention that my Vulture would go to 0-1-4 if I were to get the blue progression cover from his pvp event today. Yikes. 
  • revskiprevskip Age Unconfirmed Posts: 696 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 0/1/4.  No real worries, I hoarded to maximize returns on all the other magic 12 and have them all done.  So when I finally draw that fifth blue I'll just hoard for a season and pull everything at once just before Blade leaves packs.  Keeping some CP in reserve just in case.  
  • OrionOrion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 900 reward in PvP was blue as well?!  That seems really, really dumb.  So now I have a 0/1/5 Vulture.

The color choices for new character rewards haven't always been this stupid.  My Sandman is a relatively balanced 3/4/3.  What the heck happened with Vulture?
  • Kevin61Kevin61 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Got lucky with the 850 point token in Vulture PVP and got his black making him 1/1/3 now.   :)
2»