Vulture cover distribution

2»

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    It was wishful thinking hoping that they'd give us Vulture covers as the reward for the boss event, but I'll take the Miles champ levels I suppose. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    There's a set pattern to cover releases

• Cover 1: T10 release placement, an additional one for T2. Next season's 2K shield sim prize
    • Cover 2: T20 release placement, essential progression reward, PvP progression reward (other two covers are placement in event previous to character's PvP event)
    • Cover 3: T100 release placement, T100 alliance release placement
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a set pattern to cover releases

• Cover 1: T10 release placement, an additional one for T2. Next season's 2K shield sim prize
    • Cover 2: T20 release placement, essential progression reward, PvP progression reward (other two covers are placement in event previous to character's PvP event)
    • Cover 3: T100 release placement, T100 alliance release placement
    Well, they're not following the pattern this time. Placement in Daredevil's PvP are covers 1 and 2, with cover 3 awarded in PvP progression. 
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I always found it a little annoying how in new character events the individual reward for top 100 and the alliance reward for top 100 are always the same color.  Why not make it a bit more fun and make it so they are different and the character becomes more usable.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017

I agree with dstann, I usually max out Cover 3 on new releases before I get 2 or 3 of Cover 1. It makes me sad to burn a new release cover for ISO.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got my 0/1/4 Vulture now.  What's the cover in the Hulk vault?  Blue, of course.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Not sure why people even worry about this. With vaulting he will be champed in a few months. 
    Yeah, but they could still be smarter about this.  I finished top 100 and got my cover, plus the alliance cover.  Then my Venom Bomb token lucked me into another cover, but it was blue too.  So now he's 0/0/3, and after progression in Hulk PvE, he'll be 0/1/4.  The alliance cover shouldn't match the top 100 cover, and neither should the 2 Hulk progression covers.

I'll still champ him fairly quickly, but starting off at 0/1/4 means a MUCH higher chance of wasting some blue covers before I'm able to max cover him.
    0/1/4 here too. I feel your pain. And my Hulk vault can make him 0/1/5....
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Got him at 0/3/3 - so also missing that one cover that makes him awesome. And I can't even spend CP on it.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I'll probably be finishing his release event with 1/3/3.
  • dpoch
    dpoch Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    My 0-1-3 Vulture (& 1-2-3 Sandman) would agree. My 3-5-3 4* R&G also can't get max-covered soon enough. Edit: Forgot to mention that my Vulture would go to 0-1-4 if I were to get the blue progression cover from his pvp event today. Yikes. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 0/1/4.  No real worries, I hoarded to maximize returns on all the other magic 12 and have them all done.  So when I finally draw that fifth blue I'll just hoard for a season and pull everything at once just before Blade leaves packs.  Keeping some CP in reserve just in case.  
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 900 reward in PvP was blue as well?!  That seems really, really dumb.  So now I have a 0/1/5 Vulture.

The color choices for new character rewards haven't always been this stupid.  My Sandman is a relatively balanced 3/4/3.  What the heck happened with Vulture?
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Got lucky with the 850 point token in Vulture PVP and got his black making him 1/1/3 now.   :)