Things that make you go MMMMPPPHHH

Options
13»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you're running Blade/C4rol, and there's no red on the board, so when you get to 8 black, you fire Photonic Barrage so you get some Strikes out instead of Nightstalker. Immediately after, the board will start to flood with red.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Playing lightning rounds against Loki. Not worried because he has no damage skills. He casts Illusions, resulting in a cascade of death followed by a barrage of specials from his team mates. Next turn, he casts Illusions again and the pattern repeats resulting in an unexpected defeat...
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Playing lightning rounds against Loki. Not worried because he has no damage skills. He casts Illusions, resulting in a cascade of death followed by a barrage of specials from his team mates. He immediately casts Illusions again and the pattern repeats resulting in an unexpected defeat...
    Really? I thought the AI never uses the same ability twice in a turn though?
  • TheHungryPet
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Stick said:
    Playing lightning rounds against Loki. Not worried because he has no damage skills. He casts Illusions, resulting in a cascade of death followed by a barrage of specials from his team mates. He immediately casts Illusions again and the pattern repeats resulting in an unexpected defeat...
    Really? I thought the AI never uses the same ability twice in a turn though?
    This was the turn after, I'll edit the comment for clarity. Thanks for pointing this out!
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No probs, sorry if I came off like a dongus! I do hate it when the computer's turn takes forever because they activate a bunch of abilities, some of which trigger a cascade, then when they finally make some matches, that triggers another cascade.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing lightning rounds against Loki. Not worried because he has no damage skills. He casts Illusions, resulting in a cascade of death followed by a barrage of specials from his team mates. Next turn, he casts Illusions again and the pattern repeats resulting in an unexpected defeat...
    I generally kill Loki first for precisely that reason.
  • TheHungryPet
    Options
    Another one that happens frequently: Being one match away from finishing off the last enemy and they fire off their abilities dishing out major pain to your team. Make it a chemical reaction to add insult to injury, not sure why that move upsets me so much. I guess it's the length of the animation.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate Illusions so much. When I'm able to actually get it to work in my favor I feel like I won the lottery. He always gets so lucky. I could run Illusions ten times and maybe get one or two matches out of it. And the last time I fought Loki I did a match three which naturally resulted in a huge cascade of match 4s. By the time it was done most of the basic tiles were countdown tiles for him. Looked like a Loki version of Hailstorm. Thankfully he was almost dead so I was able to finish him off before they went off.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I hate Illusions so much. When I'm able to actually get it to work in my favor I feel like I won the lottery. He always gets so lucky. I could run Illusions ten times and maybe get one or two matches out of it. And the last time I fought Loki I did a match three which naturally resulted in a huge cascade of match 4s. By the time it was done most of the basic tiles were countdown tiles for him. Looked like a Loki version of Hailstorm. Thankfully he was almost dead so I was able to finish him off before they went off.
    I would like a 4* version of Loki. I think he is a cool character with annoying but usefull abilities :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    When the enemy team always seems to get enough AP for their stun just as I get enough for my finisher and the necessary character is in front. Or how often their stun seems to come up on the rare turns when Strange is in front.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Those moments for me are usually when the AI makes a match three which causes cascades which go on for several minutes. While in the same match I make a match five and the critical tile ends up out of reach on my next turn. Usually, when I see the endless cascades happen I just put my phone down for a minute, pick it up again and see some peace, then I realize that the AI isn't done yet and am just in time to see their turn finally end.

When I'm watching the AI match colors they can't use and/or Team-up tiles and then in one turn unleash four powers in a row after five or six of these moves.

When I make matches that make special tiles, but that move ends in a match-four for the AI and those special tiles land in that exact move for them.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Nodes with Daken, Bullseye, and no available matches other than purple or green
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    AI keeps making combo combo combo match-4 match-5 and gets more than 60 AP each round, this happens so frequently. And then I have only one possible move. A puzzle game should allow player to think about the next move, but only one possible move needless to think. So MPQ is not a puzzle game and I consider it cheats from time to time.