Things that make you go MMMMPPPHHH

Options

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When you are coming in for the final kill shot (your next move), but oh no, the AI has stored up a billion team-ups and it will use them ALL now (in succession, with super-duper cascades).

Or even better, it will end with something like Mystique's 'Master stroke' so not only are you left with a dent in your health points, but now she just happened to take away the AP you needed to kill whoever is left.
    Pretty sure the AI only gets one team-up per match.
    It just feels like it when a team-up is followed by a cascade and a passive is triggered, which follows another cascade and another passive, etc. 

The AI being the AI would also have used the team up the moment it could use it as well.  

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanting to do a run on Hulk, having the game crash and then being unable to get back in because Steam's down ¬¬
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    When I don't pay attention to the AI's teamup because it usually doesn't matter, then it ends up being the perfect power to completely screw me over e.g. Rulk purple after I saved up 12 green for Jean's AOE.
    I see your Rulk Purple Team Up, and raise you Ghost Rider's Penance Stare.  That one just hit *my* Rhulk after he activated 45K Hammer and Anvil.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's not really the games fault, but when I go to make a match-5 but I accidentally tap the wrong tile too quick.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When you´re about to do a match-4 or match-5 in your strongest colour (or any other colour you need) and SW´s CD tile exactly appears on the worst position to ruin your potential cascade. This has happened way too often to be just coincidence!

Nope, that's coincidence
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beast matching away his own countdown.  Some genius.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Taking Lightning Rod team up into a fight knowing all it will do is provided 2 charged tiles and not heal.
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    When Scarlett Witch puts her countdown tile in the corner....seem to happen too often to be random
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Two goons with the same level. One special tile on the board which is an instant kill for one of my guys if I can't match it away. One goon is almost dead, the other has full health. No team ups available. Carol can kill off one of them. But which one? 99% of the time I end up like the Nazi in The Last Crusade. "He chose..... poorly."

2. Carol vs Carol. Tough match. My team is almost dead, opponent's team is dead except for Carol at nearly full health. Only one match on the board and it's a black match 5, and it's my turn. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I have Switch on my team and the AI continuously matches her blue countdown tile 1 turn before it goes off, even though the enemy team has no use for blue.

I'm sure this is selective memory bias, but in the moment it feels like the game is out to get me (which I suppose it is).
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When you´re about to do a match-4 or match-5 in your strongest colour (or any other colour you need) and SW´s CD tile exactly appears on the worst position to ruin your potential cascade. This has happened way too often to be just coincidence!
    This!!! Also:

- Getting hit by a "rampage", "sunder", "Godlike Power", or any other equally annoying ability the enemy has when they are only match away from dying. 
    - Pulling a Bonus Hero cover for ONE ability you have five covers in, when you've waited God knows how long since your last Bonus Hero pull
    - Abilities that proc special tiles, constantly spawning them in places they can easily be matched 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the AI matches four and Loki puts down his wonderful tiles.... right into another 3 match.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When my Photonic Barrage countdown is at 1, and my move either ends up doing just a little less damage than I expected, or way more, and the countdown goes off on a target with like 12 health.
     Heard that. I've taken to saving 5 yellow, and if the timer gets down to one and I'm just not sure my next match will take out that character with borderline health, I'll rotate someone else to the front and set it off a turn early. I lose a strike tile, but it's better than wasting the nuke. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my like 15th purple and 5th red Medusa, she has been at a 2/5/5 forever. Kinda annoying, wish there was a trade or swap service 
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On my like 15th purple and 5th red Medusa, she has been at a 2/5/5 forever. Kinda annoying, wish there was a trade or swap service 

Just spend 120cp for the last cover.. You won't regret it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    badsaj said:
    shardwick said:
    1. Two goons with the same level. One special tile on the board which is an instant kill for one of my guys if I can't match it away. One goon is almost dead, the other has full health. No team ups available. Carol can kill off one of them. But which one? 99% of the time I end up like the Nazi in The Last Crusade. "He chose..... poorly."
    If you cycle through the opponents, their tiles highlight for a second as they move to the front, so you can tell who's tiles are who's. Then you can say "you have chosen....wisely."
    You have helped save my sanity and my health packs. Thank you.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tph_james said:

Just spend 120cp for the last cover.. You won't regret it.
    Nah my KKhan is 17 covers away from max. SO i will just push her to the limit to get my last medusa cover. 
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This topic is so good, the AI is incredibly smart and I experienced most of them too.

Just played a demolisher/mutation node, they put all CD & strike tiles in the lower right corner, about 10-15 of them tiled one by one, and I was unable to remove 1 or 2 of them.

Do you believe in random?