Things that make you go MMMMPPPHHH

CNash
CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
Annoyances. Irritations. Frustrations. Or as I like to call them...

Thanks, Doc.

Marvel Puzzle Quest is full of them. What are your most-MMMMPPPHHH moments?

• Not spotting a match-5 at the bottom of the board and letting the AI get it.
  • Having to take a match-4 in a colour you don't need, just to prevent the AI from grabbing the whole column/row.
  • Opponents who just happen to match away or destroy all but one of IM40's Recharge tiles.
  • Tokens constantly dropping 2* covers in powers I've already got 5 of. Come on RNG, it's not like I'm 1 cover away from championing Iceman here, I just want to keep my 2* farm going!

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying to use Rhulk w/SW & IM40 in venom bomb on the hardest nodes.  There were only 2 outcomes:

1. IM40's recharge tiles matched away by some crazy cascade
    2. IM40 can't place recharge because all the yellows are covered with pointless little weak yellow protect tiles

Tried it a few times and then just changed my team to 3* HE & SW.  Purple gen FTW.

Based on odds, I should have pulled at least one 5* BH by now, still waiting on my first.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    When i finally get a C4rol cover and its a yellow..(need black or green to fully cover her) and i got 3 yellow covers on the vine -.-
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swear, it seems like powers that have the AI "randomly" placing tiles (think the strike tiles from Bl4de's Hunger and C4rol's Photonic Barrage or Medusa's attack tiles from Entanglement) more often than not puts them where they can be matched or cleared fairly easily. 

There have been at least a few times where the entire board was clear and a strike/attack/protect/CD tile was placed literally in the only place I could make a match. I know, because the board shuffled right after I matched away my own tile(s). 
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Having an entire board with exactly zero matches except for that one in the very upper corner that is your weakest colour, and drops just enough tiles to have the AI make a match, which drops enough for you to make a match over and over and over, so you're spending your whole time in that one corner of the board while all the goons drop their countdowns that you can do literally nothing about because you can't summon enough AP to use a power, or to force the board to shuffle.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    DarthDeVo nailed my major one, by extension - being forced to match away my own special tiles. It seems that 4Carol takes a special glee in placing her strike tiles on the only available match, and Medusa has a nice little giggle at my expense ensuring that her Entanglement tile lands in a place that's impossible to match - and if I do manage to match it, it creates two attack tiles in a match-3/4/5 position that the AI immediately matches away. Ladies, you're amazing! You're the best! Why you gotta be that way? :( It's not just the women - 4Blade seems to *love* it when I finally manage to get enough red on the board to let him create a strike tile, and he will smugly create it on a tile that I have no choice but to match away (most frequently bringing the board to less than the necessary amount of red tiles for him to create another tasty strike tile). 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing e.g. Blad3 and C4rol and you get a board checkered with green and yellow, no black or red at all. Happens too often. It's as if the game laughs at your attempts to be clever  :D
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    When my 4* R&g matched away their own green cd tile... BOOOOMM..
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I don't think Caltrops does any damage to you when the AI matches one of the traps?

There is only one annoyance that I'd ask the dev team to finally look at - goons feeding ap to tile movers. It's ludicrous.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think Caltrops does any damage to you when the AI matches one of the traps?
    I'm pretty sure I've had that happen. I'll try to watch more closely next time we get a node where it can happen.
  • DarthDeVo
    Not a randomness one, but the fact that Caltrops and Guard Dog trigger when the other team matches their own tiles. How am I getting hurt when Gorgon steps on the caltrops? Carnage was the one who took away your strike tile you stupid dog! Bite him!

Guard Dog is severely broken. I loathe that stupid power so much, I usually take Mutations out first so I don't have to deal with it. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'm pretty sure I've had that happen. I'll try to watch more closely next time we get a node where it can happen.
    There's an effect showing the tile is matched, but no damage is done.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    When you´re about to do a match-4 or match-5 in your strongest colour (or any other colour you need) and SW´s CD tile exactly appears on the worst position to ruin your potential cascade. This has happened way too often to be just coincidence!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not being able to grow my 5* roster by a single level, because I'm hoarding cp and LTs to try to get a new championed 5* (it's pretty much the only way to do that). And there's no way to win 5*s other than CP or LT... you can't win them as progression rewards, for example. The only LTs I've opened in the last few months are New Release LTs, since those don't really stack well with the regular LTs.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I don't pay attention to the AI's teamup because it usually doesn't matter, then it ends up being the perfect power to completely screw me over e.g. Rulk purple after I saved up 12 green for Jean's AOE.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    when the only match removes your super nuke count down tile at 1.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 star cyclops taking out one of your countdown tiles with his optic blast.
  • DarthDeVo
    Jarvind said:
    When I don't pay attention to the AI's teamup because it usually doesn't matter, then it ends up being the perfect power to completely screw me over e.g. Rulk purple after I saved up 12 green for Jean's AOE.
    In the sane vein, playing against She-Hulk. It feels like it happens a little too often to be coincidence that she fires her green and it just so happens to completely reduce the key AP color I had finally collected.

It's why she's typically the first one I take out, so long as it's within reason. 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    When you are coming in for the final kill shot (your next move), but oh no, the AI has stored up a billion team-ups and it will use them ALL now (in succession, with super-duper cascades).

Or even better, it will end with something like Mystique's 'Master stroke' so not only are you left with a dent in your health points, but now she just happened to take away the AP you needed to kill whoever is left.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you are coming in for the final kill shot (your next move), but oh no, the AI has stored up a billion team-ups and it will use them ALL now (in succession, with super-duper cascades).

Or even better, it will end with something like Mystique's 'Master stroke' so not only are you left with a dent in your health points, but now she just happened to take away the AP you needed to kill whoever is left.
    Pretty sure the AI only gets one team-up per match.