*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

145791026

Comments

  • Lyrian wrote:
    I think its possible for Hailstorm to do 2000/round and here's why.

    I wasn't disputing the damage, just the AP reduction. I think it will be very unlikely that it will cost 5 AP at level 5. Sorry for the confusion.
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    And the only balancing that they've done and kept pure AP reduction in the ability was IW's Invisibility. Perhaps that was before they had a clear purpose in how ability leveling should work.
    To be fair, how else are you going to improve Invisibility? Make her more invisible? I guess she could create 1-5 invisibility tiles, but having to get rid of 5 tiles feels like it would be too strong.
    I had similar thoughts when writing it. Off the cuff, I came up with:
    level 1: reduces tile match damage to zero
    level 3: reduces targeted ability damage to zero
    level 5: reduces non-targetting damage abilities to zero

    So there were ways to do it that would actually make it more balanced (although more cryptic if you're not one to read abilities). With wording like that you could pin that at 12-14 AP and call it pretty usable. It would actually give her other possible builds in my mind (as opposed to always being 3/5/5).
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Her offense is going to be superb but that's why she's in the lowest HP class. If not for the two guys with way too much HP that also do way too much damage, she'd be pretty balanced overall. I'd say she's much better designed than The Hood, the other character in the same HP class. She's going to pack a huge punch but you can still deal with her if you're careful.

    I think Storm/Daken/Sentry could make some interesting overkill, like Mistress of the Storm followed by World Rupture + Sacrifice and see how many of the 16 CDs the other side can defuse. It's probably not a great team but overkill is fun!

    I'm not sure Daken plays well with Storm due to the tile destruction, but, who knows. Where you will see a lot of Storm is if there is a lot of Sentry. Hailstorm counters World Rupture. They will require roughly the same matches. WR at 8, Hs at 9. If Mistress of the Elements doesn't see an AP drop, which I do not think it will, then a maxed hailstorm that covers half the board in attack tiles is gonna be mega powerful. With the amount of dmg L.Storm will kick out, is the reason why i think MotE stays at 9, so there is no forest abuse, clear the forest tiles, activate enviorment, get the AP right back
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Her offense is going to be superb but that's why she's in the lowest HP class. If not for the two guys with way too much HP that also do way too much damage, she'd be pretty balanced overall. I'd say she's much better designed than The Hood, the other character in the same HP class. She's going to pack a huge punch but you can still deal with her if you're careful.

    I think Storm/Daken/Sentry could make some interesting overkill, like Mistress of the Storm followed by World Rupture + Sacrifice and see how many of the 16 CDs the other side can defuse. It's probably not a great team but overkill is fun!

    I'm not sure Daken plays well with Storm due to the tile destruction, but, who knows. Where you will see a lot of Storm is if there is a lot of Sentry. Hailstorm counters World Rupture. They will require roughly the same matches. WR at 8, Hs at 9. If Mistress of the Elements doesn't see an AP drop, which I do not think it will, then a maxed hailstorm that covers half the board in attack tiles is gonna be mega powerful. With the amount of dmg L.Storm will kick out, is the reason why i think MotE stays at 9, so there is no forest abuse, clear the forest tiles, activate enviorment, get the AP right back

    Pretty much this.

    I commented on this on the thread over in General. The TL;DR version is that with an epicly small health pool in age of crazy damage abilities and inflated health pools, for L.Storm to warrant as a GOLD character 4350 HP, she must generate a mindboggling amounts of damage. Call the Storm? Yawn. Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns? Whatever. Those two possess giant health pools. What do you actually think a character with HALF the health pool will generate as damage potential, that L.Storm must be balanced by the fact that she can be one-shotted (or all but one shotted) at 141 by most current-gen abilities (with a strike tile)?

    That is a truly scary thought to ponder.

    Consider much damage that HT puts out and that he has a larger health pool than her. Thus, she should be expected to outdamage him. HT's red does 2900 for 8AP (returns 2 red). For 9 AP, L.Storm should return comparable damage.

    Black is potentially truly nightmarish though. 32 tiles times a large number every round equals annihilation. Looking at the starting values for the 1* and 3*** cards for her, her starting values as a 3*** are 4 times her 1* version. Given that in general, lazy characters tend to scale in the same fashion as their lower tier counterparts and the potential for almost 3 times the leveling potential, there could very well be easily potential to scale on a factor of 10x her 1* version. That would mean for black: 32 * (10 * 7) = 32 * 70 = 2240/round (albeit with all the limitations of the 1* black, such as tiles being cleared over time - yet who will live long enough to do so?). Red could easily do 300-400 per EAP tile, which would mean with a EAP favorable board, massive damage could ensure. I would consider her red to be in the same boat as CMags Translocation.

    In the end, although she has the same abilities as her 1* incarnation, she is looking like she is being tuned to be a pure glass cannon and to make the Green/Red tactic as undesirable as possible.
  • Since Sentry and Thor exists, Storm is obviously balanced as you got characters with double her HP that can easily keep up with her damage.

    I think Storm is actually pretty well balanced aside from her dominating Forest/Desert but someone always dominated those environments. It just means it's changed from Magneto/Punisher to Storm.

    I don't think Storm/Sentry/Daken would be a good team, I'm just saying it'd be funny to have all 16 CDs for World Rupture available after a Mistress of the Storm (this clears environmental tiles which should give you a very clean board to place World Rupture) and watch the fireworks. It's hardly needed but it'd be fun to watch.
  • scottee wrote:
    Oh man, it just came to me in the shower. Finally, the perfect defensive team.

    Mohawk/Hood/OBW. The ultimate AP generation/steal team. Almost perfect rainbow, with the only overlap being black, both of which don't matter as much.

    Who do you target first? If the AI gets 9 red, 8 purple, or 10 green before you get a kill, it's basically over. And that's with Hood stealing AP. AND if OBW gets 9 blue, you're set back 1228 damage.

    I can see this team looking like an easy win, but generating a lot of defensive victories.

    Someone pointed this out in another thread, but it's worth mentioning: If your opponent's team has only one real source of damage, and that character has less total health than both OBW and Hood, you can always just kill off the dangerous character first and leave Hood and OBW for last. After you tear through Storm's 4300 hit points, you're facing a team that can, at most, hit you with Intimidation while denying your AP.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Her offense is going to be superb but that's why she's in the lowest HP class. If not for the two guys with way too much HP that also do way too much damage, she'd be pretty balanced overall. I'd say she's much better designed than The Hood, the other character in the same HP class. She's going to pack a huge punch but you can still deal with her if you're careful.

    I think Storm/Daken/Sentry could make some interesting overkill, like Mistress of the Storm followed by World Rupture + Sacrifice and see how many of the 16 CDs the other side can defuse. It's probably not a great team but overkill is fun!

    I'm not sure Daken plays well with Storm due to the tile destruction, but, who knows. Where you will see a lot of Storm is if there is a lot of Sentry. Hailstorm counters World Rupture. They will require roughly the same matches. WR at 8, Hs at 9. If Mistress of the Elements doesn't see an AP drop, which I do not think it will, then a maxed hailstorm that covers half the board in attack tiles is gonna be mega powerful. With the amount of dmg L.Storm will kick out, is the reason why i think MotE stays at 9, so there is no forest abuse, clear the forest tiles, activate enviorment, get the AP right back

    Pretty much this.

    I commented on this on the thread over in General. The TL;DR version is that with an epicly small health pool in age of crazy damage abilities and inflated health pools, for L.Storm to warrant as a GOLD character 4350 HP, she must generate a mindboggling amounts of damage. Call the Storm? Yawn. Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns? Whatever. Those two possess giant health pools. What do you actually think a character with HALF the health pool will generate as damage potential, that L.Storm must be balanced by the fact that she can be one-shotted (or all but one shotted) at 141 by most current-gen abilities (with a strike tile)?

    That is a truly scary thought to ponder.

    Consider much damage that HT puts out and that he has a larger health pool than her. Thus, she should be expected to outdamage him. HT's red does 2900 for 8AP (returns 2 red). For 9 AP, L.Storm should return comparable damage.

    Black is potentially truly nightmarish though. 32 tiles times a large number every round equals annihilation. Looking at the starting values for the 1* and 3*** cards for her, her starting values as a 3*** are 4 times her 1* version. Given that in general, lazy characters tend to scale in the same fashion as their lower tier counterparts and the potential for almost 3 times the leveling potential, there could very well be easily potential to scale on a factor of 10x her 1* version. That would mean for black: 32 * (10 * 7) = 32 * 70 = 2240/round (albeit with all the limitations of the 1* black, such as tiles being cleared over time - yet who will live long enough to do so?). Red could easily do 300-400 per EAP tile, which would mean with a EAP favorable board, massive damage could ensure. I would consider her red to be in the same boat as CMags Translocation.

    In the end, although she has the same abilities as her 1* incarnation, she is looking like she is being tuned to be a pure glass cannon and to make the Green/Red tactic as undesirable as possible.

    Yeah, everyone here is so stuck on the old infinite combo aspect that they are forgetting how annoying / powerful hailstorm can be. I will for sure be putting 5 black into this storm.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Oh man, it just came to me in the shower. Finally, the perfect defensive team.

    Mohawk/Hood/OBW. The ultimate AP generation/steal team. Almost perfect rainbow, with the only overlap being black, both of which don't matter as much.

    Who do you target first? If the AI gets 9 red, 8 purple, or 10 green before you get a kill, it's basically over. And that's with Hood stealing AP. AND if OBW gets 9 blue, you're set back 1228 damage.

    I can see this team looking like an easy win, but generating a lot of defensive victories.

    Someone pointed this out in another thread, but it's worth mentioning: If your opponent's team has only one real source of damage, and that character has less total health than both OBW and Hood, you can always just kill off the dangerous character first and leave Hood and OBW for last. After you tear through Storm's 4300 hit points, you're facing a team that can, at most, hit you with Intimidation while denying your AP.

    It's even easier in this case because The Hood has same HP as Storm. Most people would attack The Hood first, but if you can kill The Hood you can also kill Storm, so of course you should kill Storm first because once she dies, you can't conceiveably lose the game to The Hood + OBW.
  • I think we are all missing something very important.

    You can now run the all Mohawk team in pvp. Lazy Storm, Lazy Daken and Ares with the mohawk helmet. Clearly this is too good and needs to be nerfed.
  • Bacon PantsBacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Chimaera wrote:
    I think we are all missing something very important.

    You can now run the all Mohawk team in pvp. Lazy Storm, Lazy Daken and Ares with the mohawk helmet. Clearly this is too good and needs to be nerfed.

    Team Mohawk!!

    Also, I hope this is the last Lazy character they release.
  • Don't strike tiles trigger for every attack tile? So if you use storm's black to make 20 attack tiles, it'll trigger the strike tiles 20 times? In which case, storm+daken+green sink(ares) would actually be good. Team mohawk wouldn't just be a gimmick.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    I think we are all missing something very important.

    You can now run the all Mohawk team in pvp. Lazy Storm, Lazy Daken and Ares with the mohawk helmet. Clearly this is too good and needs to be nerfed.

    Team Mohawk!!

    Also, I hope this is the last Lazy character they release.

    No way.... you KNOW you're secretly craving that 3*** Yelena....
  • dragonsroc wrote:
    Don't strike tiles trigger for every attack tile? So if you use storm's black to make 20 attack tiles, it'll trigger the strike tiles 20 times? In which case, storm+daken+green sink(ares) would actually be good. Team mohawk wouldn't just be a gimmick.

    I'm almost positive it sums the damage from the attack tiles first then added the strike tile damage to the total.
  • Attack tiles trigger strike tiles only once per turn.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    I think we are all missing something very important.

    You can now run the all Mohawk team in pvp. Lazy Storm, Lazy Daken and Ares with the mohawk helmet. Clearly this is too good and needs to be nerfed.

    Team Mohawk!!

    Also, I hope this is the last Lazy character they release.

    No way.... you KNOW you're secretly craving that 3*** Yelena....
    i would personally like to see a 4* storm in the form of a lazy 2* storm icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nah, then we'll get a 4* lazy version of 2* Storm, and she'll be called "Storm (New Hairstyle)". icon_e_wink.gif
  • This is actually about as accurate as it can get. Uncanny X-Men isn't appropriate, as she wore several different uniforms during that run (including what is currently called CStorm). I'm fine with it.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Was GSBW originally called (tinykitty)?

    Of course not, that's preposterous. Completely inane.
    I mean, how would anyone know which Widow you're talking about? icon_razz.gif
  • I know its too late now but Instead of a lazy Modern Storm, I would have much preferred a hybrid Classic/Modern Storm that used abilities from bothto create a new one.
    I mean an R/Y/Blk, R/Blu/Blk or G/R/Blu would be completely different combos that would feel like D3P is trying to give options to augment our teams in a meaningful way.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    She's just one character, but She-Hulk will be green/red/blue.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    You do have to realize that although a character may have red/green/black that's not to say that HT, Storm, Hulk, Punisher are the same or that Wolvie, Thor, Sentry are the same.

    Hulk is Green/Red/Black
    HT is Red/Black, Green
    L.Storm Green/Red/Back
    Punisher is Black/Green/Red

    Thor is Red/Yellow/Green
    Patch Green/Red/Yellow
    Sentry Red/Green/Yellow

    Yes they are the same colors but they are focused differently. Hulk's main active is Green, Ht's is Red, Storms' is Green, Punishers is Black. Which is why IceX had said they try to make champs so you want them 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 although that seems to rarely happen. So yes Storm is the same color's as those guys but think how much more you want to use green with Storm over say HT, how much you would rather use HT's red over Hulk's. While it is annoying at times it actually adds more diversity when you have a more diverse subset of the same colors. Say I have Hood/Spiderman and I need a red/green/black since I want spiderman's yellow to be used by the AI. Well Hood has black, so if I want a better black maybe i grab Punisher, or if I want to use Hood's black then I grab one fo the other three.
Sign In or Register to comment.