*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

12021232526

Comments

  • konannfriendskonannfriends Age Unconfirmed Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    smoq84 wrote:
    When I get current progression awards in pve and season, I will have her at 12 covers and she could be my highest level character. But I will not level her up because she is not worth it :/
    In my opinion the only problem with her is extremely low health. I love her skills and image, but she is useless because she dies so quickly icon_e_sad.gif

    naw i wouldnt say that. especially if you dont even have a maxed character. she was first maxed 3* and shes gotten me top 25 in many pvps and pve. she doesnt last long because of her health but i run her with deadpool who saves her from 1000+damage attacks
  • PylgrimPylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love how her red was apparently too good (even though it was very much compensated by her barely existent health bar) so they upped the cost to 9, then eventually exchanged it for the piece of useless **** that her current yellow is. Then they gave it to Magneto, an already powerful character... and costed it 8.
  • MojoWildMojoWild Posts: 763 Critical Contributor
    smoq84 wrote:
    When I get current progression awards in pve and season, I will have her at 12 covers and she could be my highest level character. But I will not level her up because she is not worth it :/
    In my opinion the only problem with her is extremely low health. I love her skills and image, but she is useless because she dies so quickly icon_e_sad.gif

    naw i wouldnt say that. especially if you dont even have a maxed character. she was first maxed 3* and shes gotten me top 25 in many pvps and pve. she doesnt last long because of her health but i run her with deadpool who saves her from 1000+damage attacks

    Top 25 maybe, but not top 5 or 10...
  • konannfriendskonannfriends Age Unconfirmed Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    MojoWild wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    When I get current progression awards in pve and season, I will have her at 12 covers and she could be my highest level character. But I will not level her up because she is not worth it :/
    In my opinion the only problem with her is extremely low health. I love her skills and image, but she is useless because she dies so quickly icon_e_sad.gif

    naw i wouldnt say that. especially if you dont even have a maxed character. she was first maxed 3* and shes gotten me top 25 in many pvps and pve. she doesnt last long because of her health but i run her with deadpool who saves her from 1000+damage attacks

    Top 25 maybe, but not top 5 or 10...

    xforce doesnt even get you top 5 nowadays.

    storm is an ok character but i still dont understand the useless nerfs she got!
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Love how her red was apparently too good (even though it was very much compensated by her barely existent health bar) so they upped the cost to 9, then eventually exchanged it for the piece of useless **** that her current yellow is. Then they gave it to Magneto, an already powerful character... and costed it 8.

    exactly hopeefully the devs fix this. if her nerfs get reverted ill use her alot more. id even leave her on defense with Obw so the 2* players get beat up icon_lol.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    They switched from too much Falcon to too much Storm - I hope we get "too much Patch" soon

    I was thinking "too much Iron Fist" would be nice
  • windfallstarwindfallstar Age Unconfirmed Posts: 268
    I actually started counting and right now I have a fully covered one and have sold enough covers to fully cover another one with a few left over.
  • konannfriendskonannfriends Age Unconfirmed Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I actually started counting and right now I have a fully covered one and have sold enough covers to fully cover another one with a few left over.


    me too and the same for deadpool. you dont understand the heart break of getting a gold and it being a Mstorm or deadpool. its a hugeslap in the face
  • TaganovTaganov Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    The only thing I love about 3* Storm is the lore behind the character. I remember grinding so hard to get covers when she was introduced just cuz Mohawk Storm. A shame, really.
  • DauthiDauthi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Mohawk is an undervalued character, her black is great, her active yellow is easily one of the better in game, and her green is good if you need one for any team. This is all true until someone looks at her and she dies. icon_lol.gif
  • alaethalaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Paired with Deadpool, she is a force to be reckoned with...

    With lower health, DP will always jump in front to catch her damage, and he matches black for her.

    Maybe I'm biased since she's the most recent character I have at 166, but I think she is outstanding in PvE, and a reasonable defensive character in PvP - enough to have my break even on points as defense.
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,344 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ug, with more HT rewards I'm nominating him as another low-health character that D3 is trying to push again and again to try to show "really, he's good!"

    He'd be great with quite a bit more HP, but like storm isn't very good as-is.
  • I really want to like torch, but every time I bring him out it he gets beat up hard, and then I put him away again.

    There should be an odd mechanic that lets glass cannon characters "hide" behind tankier characters on offense. There is no reason Storm, GSBW, or Torch should be leading the charge and taking all the hits. Maybe take the health classes and have the squishier characters do ever so slightly less match damage than their more durable counterparts (1 less match damage per health class across all colors wouldn't change too much would it?)

    This would mean for 3*s on green, Hulk stands in front of Gamora, who stands in front of Wolverine, who stands in front of storm.

    There are 6 Health classes now including cyclops. a shift of 5 on the low numbers is quite major and would essentially prevent a low health class character from ever tanking one of their weak colors assuming you brought someone beefy to put up front. This would fundamentally change how offense works, for the better.

    This would give phenomenal customizability to teams. Want to use sniper rifle today, well you can rotate through tanks to keep BW healthy as you climb and can use a whole array of characters to do so. Would be a very different feel to the way the game is played.
  • rednailzrednailz Posts: 559
    I really want to like torch, but every time I bring him out it he gets beat up hard, and then I put him away again.

    There should be an odd mechanic that lets glass cannon characters "hide" behind tankier characters on offense. There is no reason Storm, GSBW, or Torch should be leading the charge and taking all the hits. Maybe take the health classes and have the squishier characters do ever so slightly less match damage than their more durable counterparts (1 less match damage per health class across all colors wouldn't change too much would it?)

    This would mean for 3*s on green, Hulk stands in front of Gamora, who stands in front of Wolverine, who stands in front of storm.

    There are 6 Health classes now including cyclops. a shift of 5 on the low numbers is quite major and would essentially prevent a low health class character from ever tanking one of their weak colors assuming you brought someone beefy to put up front. This would fundamentally change how offense works, for the better.

    This would give phenomenal customizability to teams. Want to use sniper rifle today, well you can rotate through tanks to keep BW healthy as you climb and can use a whole array of characters to do so. Would be a very different feel to the way the game is played.

    It's called colossus yellow. I kinda see your point and it stinks that torch for example or 2* storm when buffed are up in front all the time, but it's all a part of the game and the fun. I wouldn't see a point in the prioritizing from a business standpoint. you use less health packs and attacking team selects who they want to attack anyway.
  • konannfriendskonannfriends Age Unconfirmed Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    rednailz wrote:
    I really want to like torch, but every time I bring him out it he gets beat up hard, and then I put him away again.

    There should be an odd mechanic that lets glass cannon characters "hide" behind tankier characters on offense. There is no reason Storm, GSBW, or Torch should be leading the charge and taking all the hits. Maybe take the health classes and have the squishier characters do ever so slightly less match damage than their more durable counterparts (1 less match damage per health class across all colors wouldn't change too much would it?)

    This would mean for 3*s on green, Hulk stands in front of Gamora, who stands in front of Wolverine, who stands in front of storm.

    There are 6 Health classes now including cyclops. a shift of 5 on the low numbers is quite major and would essentially prevent a low health class character from ever tanking one of their weak colors assuming you brought someone beefy to put up front. This would fundamentally change how offense works, for the better.

    This would give phenomenal customizability to teams. Want to use sniper rifle today, well you can rotate through tanks to keep BW healthy as you climb and can use a whole array of characters to do so. Would be a very different feel to the way the game is played.

    It's called colossus yellow. I kinda see your point and it stinks that torch for example or 2* storm when buffed are up in front all the time, but it's all a part of the game and the fun. I wouldn't see a point in the prioritizing from a business standpoint. you use less health packs and attacking team selects who they want to attack anyway.

    i think human torch is one of the balanced lower health charcaters. i mean come on 3,330 for 8ap and 6ap anytime after. thats xforce land! i think hed pair really well with cyclops or Captain Marvel s you can generate that red ap.

    STorm doesnt have anything like that. honestly i never even put human torch in the low tier category imo he high tier. hes good maybe not for climbing but i think hed bring in alot of defensive wins like storm. the ai knows how to work with them
  • rednailzrednailz Posts: 559
    rednailz wrote:
    I really want to like torch, but every time I bring him out it he gets beat up hard, and then I put him away again.

    There should be an odd mechanic that lets glass cannon characters "hide" behind tankier characters on offense. There is no reason Storm, GSBW, or Torch should be leading the charge and taking all the hits. Maybe take the health classes and have the squishier characters do ever so slightly less match damage than their more durable counterparts (1 less match damage per health class across all colors wouldn't change too much would it?)

    This would mean for 3*s on green, Hulk stands in front of Gamora, who stands in front of Wolverine, who stands in front of storm.

    There are 6 Health classes now including cyclops. a shift of 5 on the low numbers is quite major and would essentially prevent a low health class character from ever tanking one of their weak colors assuming you brought someone beefy to put up front. This would fundamentally change how offense works, for the better.

    This would give phenomenal customizability to teams. Want to use sniper rifle today, well you can rotate through tanks to keep BW healthy as you climb and can use a whole array of characters to do so. Would be a very different feel to the way the game is played.

    It's called colossus yellow. I kinda see your point and it stinks that torch for example or 2* storm when buffed are up in front all the time, but it's all a part of the game and the fun. I wouldn't see a point in the prioritizing from a business standpoint. you use less health packs and attacking team selects who they want to attack anyway.

    i think human torch is one of the balanced lower health charcaters. i mean come on 3,330 for 8ap and 6ap anytime after. thats xforce land! i think hed pair really well with cyclops or Captain Marvel s you can generate that red ap.

    STorm doesnt have anything like that. honestly i never even put human torch in the low tier category imo he high tier. hes good maybe not for climbing but i think hed bring in alot of defensive wins like storm. the ai knows how to work with them


    I used to pair torch with falcon and daken all the time for PvE. it's a great combo for goon nodes. His green can really, really hurt too.
  • rednailz wrote:
    I really want to like torch, but every time I bring him out it he gets beat up hard, and then I put him away again.

    There should be an odd mechanic that lets glass cannon characters "hide" behind tankier characters on offense. There is no reason Storm, GSBW, or Torch should be leading the charge and taking all the hits. Maybe take the health classes and have the squishier characters do ever so slightly less match damage than their more durable counterparts (1 less match damage per health class across all colors wouldn't change too much would it?)

    This would mean for 3*s on green, Hulk stands in front of Gamora, who stands in front of Wolverine, who stands in front of storm.

    There are 6 Health classes now including cyclops. a shift of 5 on the low numbers is quite major and would essentially prevent a low health class character from ever tanking one of their weak colors assuming you brought someone beefy to put up front. This would fundamentally change how offense works, for the better.

    This would give phenomenal customizability to teams. Want to use sniper rifle today, well you can rotate through tanks to keep BW healthy as you climb and can use a whole array of characters to do so. Would be a very different feel to the way the game is played.

    It's called colossus yellow. I kinda see your point and it stinks that torch for example or 2* storm when buffed are up in front all the time, but it's all a part of the game and the fun. I wouldn't see a point in the prioritizing from a business standpoint. you use less health packs and attacking team selects who they want to attack anyway.

    You are probably right that there is no reason to prioritize something like this from a business standpoint, but I do think this would be something deceptively simple that could encourage a bit more roster diversity and strategy in this puzzle game, but yes could also lead to a drop in those pesky healthpack sales. Anyways, I'll keep dreaming on of creative ways the game could be 'better'
  • I've been leveling her the last few days. I figured since she comes up so much I might as well.
  • vudu3vudu3 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Here's a question for those that were advocating a 5/5/3 Storm paired with Thor--

    With the impending nerf to Thor does 5/5/3 for Storm still make sense? Seems like 5 in yellow isn't as important any more so you might as well go 5/3/5 for the extra black damage.

    Thoughts?
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Here's a question for those that were advocating a 5/5/3 Storm paired with Thor--

    With the impending nerf to Thor does 5/5/3 for Storm still make sense? Seems like 5 in yellow isn't as important any more so you might as well go 5/3/5 for the extra black damage.

    Thoughts?

    5/3/5 works better in the "bring **** characters to suicide on a hard node with wheelchair Charlie hiding in the corner the entire time" scenario.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Here's a question for those that were advocating a 5/5/3 Storm paired with Thor--

    With the impending nerf to Thor does 5/5/3 for Storm still make sense? Seems like 5 in yellow isn't as important any more so you might as well go 5/3/5 for the extra black damage.

    Thoughts?

    I also had this thought, however you could look at the flip-side too. Does it make her yellow even more important to help generate those cascades to try to pick up the less amount of charged tiles?

    The biggest reason I like her 5/5/3, and I have had her in all forms, 3/5/5, 5/3/5, 4/4/5. I prefer 5/5/3, sure it doesn't do as much damage, it doesn't even clear the whole board, but for me it just seems like I have better uses for black than her's. If I pair her with Xavier, it won't matter on black, as he will just destroy at that point.

    Here's the skinny on yellow, you get about a 10% increase on cascades and avg 2 more tiles when it does blow up (not the TU tiles, but other tiles when it cascades, plus an extra 985 dmg over the level 3.

    Black is a difference of 32 tiles vs 20, which is about 468 per turn, so in about 2 turns you pretty much outstripped the damage of the yellow, but there is the decay factor. I think within 10 turns the board completely resests which means in about 5 turns 1/2 the board is destroyed.

    Lvl 3 black -- has about a 2 tile decay rate per turn
    Lvl 5 black -- has about a 3.2 tile decay rate per turn.

    After 5 turns it looks like this
    Lvl 3 black ---T1(18)--T2(16)--T3(14)--T4(12)--T5(10)==2730 dmg
    Lvl 5 black ---T1(29)--T2(26)--T3(22)--T4(19)--T5(16)==4368 dmg

    That's 1638 dmg over 5 turns or about 327.6 per turn. so after T3 assuming a Mistress into a Hailstorm, the 5/3/5 does more damage after 3 turns.

    Now, on a stable board, I think 5/3/5 is the better build, however I like moving and shaking, and with X-Force, or tile creators like IF, Mystique, or characters with stronger blacks, I think 5/5/3 is the better of the 2
Sign In or Register to comment.