MPQ at Marvel.com: Vulture (7/11/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Get ready for a bird's-eye view of the latest addition to MPQ's syndicate of villains.
Check out 4-star Vulture here: Vulture (Adrian Toomes)

Comments

• Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The picture of his blue says 13 AP, but the article says 10. Either it becomes cheaper with level, the screencap is from the boss version of the character, or something else.

Colossus and Gwenpool both use Black to send teammates airborne, and are more expensive than Vulture. You have to consider if the cost is more important than getting some defense tiles or getting a free power.

I like this trend of creating original covers for movie-based characters (and Peggy) who are not featured in comic covers. It gives me hope for some characters that I would like released but are not in covers prominently.
    (Also, please post the pictures of these original covers so I can have them as wallpaper if I would like so, specially the Peggy one, as I can't chase a physical comic book with that cover).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The picture of his blue says 13 AP, but the article says 10. Either it becomes cheaper with level, the screencap is from the boss version of the character, or something else.

Not sure of the error source, but it is always 10 per d3go on discord.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    13ap when grounded, 10 when airborne, you can see it in a screen shot 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's about dang time we got a flying character that actually flies. Closest we had was Riri. But to have someone that does something with it is great. Maybe preceding a new/rework character with "power does this. If an enemy is airborne, costs this much and does this."
    Having Hulk run in the middle of a boosted cycle feels weird. I guess it'll be nice to have half a week of using a different set of characters for PVP than PVE. Less concern about a health pack drain.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ughhh... Venom Bomb again for a new character release.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madok said:
    Yeah but Hulk for the next event is awesome. 2 covers for progression.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Circling Prey - the new Iron Man 40
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madok said:
    2 progression covers are great, but 7 days of 4* essential missions with a new and under-covered character is not. :(
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madok said:
    2 progression covers are great, but 7 days of 4* essential missions with a new and under-covered character is not. :(
    Yes it increases the chance of missing out on 55cp
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With all the vaulted characters you get kind of used to having to work around an under covered 4 star. Been there done that.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    madok said:
    What Hulk and where did you see that?

According to this:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65968/mpq-sneak-peek-july-2017-edition-updated-7-11-17/p1

Venom Bomb has ***Hawkeye and ****Thor in progression.

Although it does say RULK is boosted this week, is that what you meant?

It is in an answer to one of the questions in the article linked at the top of this thread:

"Vulture is available on Thursday, July 13 and will be available as placement rewards in Venom Bomb that starts that same day and runs until July 18. He will also be featured in The Hulk event which runs between July 17 and July 25." 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vulture is up in preview and if I am reading him right I think he will be a must have.

for 6 black (much like iron man's 6 yellow) he goes airborn.

at the start of turn if he is airborn you get ap.
    for 3 covers it is 3 green 2 blue 2 black and 1 red.
    at 5 covers it is 4 green 3 blue 2 black and 1 red.

his black makes him airborn for 2 turns so if it triggers as I would expect for 6 black AP you get
    8 green, 6 blue, 4 black and 2 red.

not quite as great as ironman but... it triggers faster without countdown tiles to protect, and mostly fuels the next launch into the sky.

his green and blue aren't bad, his green will likely do around 6.5k at level 270 and if you shoot it off before going airborn it will do enemy team damage but it has a countdown to protect.

his blue is a decent special tile remover.

but yeah a 4 star battery will be a nice addition.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think he looks pretty cool, has decent utility and can pair well with a handful of 4 stars. I'm sold. 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    So have him with a green user, make him the only blue/black user, and keep him in the air forever. You could even 5/0/0 him as a perma-battery.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good partner for 5 star Spider-Man 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Yeah, an airborne Vulture and a Miles will be an excellent pair with Peter Man. Every two turns, stunlock the enemy team, making all the yellow and black matches possible to keep webs up from Miles and airborne from Vulture. Then start bouncing out damage with green. You just need to watch out that blue AP doesn't hit the threshold for Vulture's auto ability use.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CnD might be a viable partner with him too. Low on black? No problem!

He seems interesting, I would love to try him out at some point
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    (Passive) Whenever Vulture goes Airborne, drain 10 blue...

So if you have 8 blue when spending 6 black to go airborne, is the 8 blue drained away? If so this could be a dangerous waste of blue AP if there are no enemy specials out yet (yes you get some back from Circling Prey each turn).

Or, does it only drain blue if you have the 10 when going airborne? (along with the other effects)

Other character abilities that state 'drains X of color' means that they drain all available AP in that color up to X.

Then consider this, say Nova sends Vulture airborne when the enemy team has 6 blue or so. Gotta wonder what happens. Is their Blue drained at all? Drained only if they have 10 blue AP? Vulture removes my Nova strikes and gains tons of AP? Then hits me for damage in the process, Ouch.

Similar situation with Ironheart. Sending Vulture airborne is probably not a good idea in the first place, but I guess we'll see what happens. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Riri's damage at the beginning of her move helps now, Novas damage after landing hurts him. But if Riri doesn't down him, the extra turn in the air makes her worse to use. Reading the power, it sounds like his blue only activates if theres 10 ap when he "goes" airborne, not if he "is" airborne.

Wonder how it works with Colossus. If he has 10 blue when he goes airborne, he would do damage and remove tiles, then he could activate the blue when he lands and do damage but only remove a/p/s tiles. Or he could fastball up with 7 blue, generate 3 ap then land and activate his black, now he has 10 blue and passively fires off blue.

He will be a nightmare on defense, constantly going airborne. One black match and he is back in the air.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope we get to see his stats soon...*cough cough @Cthulhu cough*... :D