Do you play with the sound off?

2»

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yes: I play on mobile and I either mute the game or silence my device.
    I turn all sounds off as soon as I install a game, so I usually forget they even have them. I just turned them back on for a Sim match to hear what they were like, and good grief that was awful.

Never again.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Yes.  I play all my 'zen games' with the sound off.
    I played games like Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, MPQ and now Elder Scrolls Legends for years without any sound while listening to other things typically either music, webshows, movies or audiobooks.

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    It's off on my phone just due to the fact I'm generally in public if I'm playing on my phone. It seems a bit rude to have the sound blaring. I'd play with the effects on at home, but I'm honestly just too lazy to turn it off and on. If the sound didn't sync between devices, I'd leave effects low on my tablet.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    The last thing I want to do is have the sounds playing when I'm running through the small DDQ node in the bathroom at work. And I do not want to have to remember whether I've left the sound on or off.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    No: I play on mobile and I leave the sound turned on.
    I disabled the music, but the sfx stay on, although not too loud. Except when I'm playing in public transport, then I mute my device.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    Turned it off once to ddq in the toilet at work and never turned it back on. Much prefer it muted. 
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    this game has sound?! been playing 2+ years and dont think i've ever heard it lol
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My main account is on iOS and like almost all mobile games I play I mute the volume.

I sometimes a play a second account on steam and I usually have the sound on for that.  It feels weird...
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    No: I play on mobile and I leave the sound turned on.
    I only play at home and actually like playing with sound, specially the animations ones  :) 
    I just turn them off only when my battery is low and need to finish some matchs.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Yes: I play on Steam and I mute the game.
    my game has been muted so long that I forget the game has sound lol.
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I listen to the sound once in a while for a few minutes but I almost always play without sound.  The same loop is tiring over time.

• Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Phone always on mute.
    But I often shout the power triggered, specially Hulk smash and Nova's piew piew. :D
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Sometimes I'll play the game at work, either to test a potential bug or just to take a break, so I keep my phone on silent to prevent disturbing my co-workers.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I turned the music off within weeks of starting to play the game, and turned the sound off within a month or two.  I used to turn the sound on every so often to hear what powers sound like (Squirrel Girl's green made me laugh the first time I heard it, as did Devil Dinosaur's purple,) but I haven't done that in months, if not a year or more.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Always keep my phone on silent, but sound effects still come thru if I'm connected with headphones or bluetooth. There's no music, guess I muted it at some point. That ambient beeping noise comes thru, but I barely notice it anymore
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Yes: I play on Steam and I mute the game.
    Steam player here, play with sound effects since the first week or so. The music it's a seasickness.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play without sound, but would also like an option to turn off the character animations. Playing with 4-star Cage and 3-star Strange in the same match pretty much doubles the amount of time the match takes due to all of the *make a protect tile* *Flames of Faltine*
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Play without sound, but would also like an option to turn off the character animations. Playing with 4-star Cage and 3-star Strange in the same match pretty much doubles the amount of time the match takes due to all of the *make a protect tile* *Flames of Faltine*
    Make sure to add your voice to this poll

Maybe it would help if enough people voted for a quicker game.