My "I can't believe the RNG" thread

Comments

• Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    4 Black Gamora covers in a row while pulling for Spidey.  Not just 4 out of all my pulls, 4 pulls, in a row, giving the EXACT SAME COVER.  Give you three guesses which color is the only one I had Gamora at 5 in.  I feel like I had a better chance of getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery twice than pulling that. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    FokaiHI said:
    Deadsider said:
    I'll make it brief, over the last while I've had a lot of 4* Blade. Mine is 5/1/4, and I pulled six unusable red covers in less than two weeks. That hurts.

Enter Sinister Six and the homecoming token.

I just opened mine, and got another *4 red blade cover.

Then I saw a Bonus Hero pop.

I got another one.
    Why would your bonus be set at Bl4de red? 
    You can't set your bonus hero to a specific cover colour.  If you did... yeah.
    I can see why he would set his bonus hero to Blade (he's a great character to have champed) and he is being vaulted at the end of the month.

I ordinarily would not advise setting any 4* bonus hero for anything that you have five covers for just because of the rarity of actually pulling them - and the subsequent frustration of pulling one, you can't use.  Sorry you had to endure that Deadsider.

oh and I went against my own advise and made Hobo fist my 4* buddy, because I need either a green or a black.  It will probably giving me a blue though and you WILL be able to hear my screams regardless of where you live.
    Sometimes you just get desperate. I've got Gwenpool at 3/4/5 and really want to get her champed soon, so she's my 4* bonus. Just got one yesterday...green :(
    My 5/5/2 Gwenpool is green with envy.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Knaaks said:
    4 Black Gamora covers in a row while pulling for Spidey.  Not just 4 out of all my pulls, 4 pulls, in a row, giving the EXACT SAME COVER.  Give you three guesses which color is the only one I had Gamora at 5 in.  I feel like I had a better chance of getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery twice than pulling that. 
    Sometimes, you really think, "My Gawd, this game really hates me" and this thread is almost comforting, because you're empathetic with other people that are going through the same damn thing.   That sucks man - to top it all off you spent 20 extra CP to get useless covers :( -  that hurts.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I had thoress at 0-0-5 for ages. She's now 2-1-5 but just chucked away the blue from the daily resupply. 

Probably never gunna have her fully covered, but can beat the crash with 5 in her blue, so not all bad. 

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    MpqTron said:
    I had thoress at 0-0-5 for ages. She's now 2-1-5 but just chucked away the blue from the daily resupply. 

Probably never gunna have her fully covered, but can beat the crash with 5 in her blue, so not all bad. 

Well, the next PVE, you should get a cover through progression.  It will probably be something awful like yellow, but that will be sort of good to have you more even.  Of course you could always try for placement too on the Deadpool event.

ETA:  I just pulled another Hobo Blue.  A giant part of me just died.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me too, got another hobo blue with my last classic pull. I mean, really, two measly covers out of 36 that I can't possibly use and I just keep pulling them. It's infuriating.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I need one more 2 star bullseye black for 13/13 farm. I pull 11 covers of his in the last two weeks, none black. Have had to sell 3 before they expired. Still waiting....

Also pulled 14 RiRi covers and 13 Mordo covers since they've been in packs. Still waiting for some more Medusa or R and G or Coulson....

• KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I'll join.  I'm a Carol Yellow magnet.  4* Carol, 2/5/1.  This morning I got 2 of her yellow on consecutive draws (1 spidey, 1 classic).  Another yellow will be coming in the Deadpool vs MPQ progression.

She only reached 2/5/1 a month ago...before that she was 2/3/1, according to gamependium history.  I've also sold another 2 Yellows in between.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Sometimes you just get desperate. I've got Gwenpool at 3/4/5 and really want to get her champed soon, so she's my 4* bonus. Just got one yesterday...green :(
    I went through the same thing with Gwenpool green.   Two out of three green covers died on the vine before I was able to cover her.  That was back when she wasn't vaulted, so it's even worse for you now.  That's not to rub it in, it's just to say I feel your pain.
    She hit 12 covers shortly before she got vaulted, and I was really hoping to get that last cover before she left the tokens, but it was not to be.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

Coulson Blue was my stalker - I was so desparate to break the cycle, I changed the timing of when i tap the screen to open the token, because logic had left the building a long time ago

and hey, it worked :)

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cannot draw a 4* from a heroic that is not Agent Venom or Bum Fist - literally any other 4* that is not Riri would be fine
    i beat crash with a level 70 riri. up until then i thought she was totally useless. maybe not so???
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Finally, it's my turn to shine...

13/1/8 OML, ya'll

*mic drops

(I finally caved and sold of that piece of **** 5/1/5 OML, the NMG tokens got me 5 usable 5*s (including Thanos, BB, IM46), so hey... maybe he wasn't so useless after all!)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knaaks said:
    This is what I'm dreading when I pull my Homecoming tokens tomorrow. There are only three covers I absolutely can't use as I already have five of them: Cloak and Dagger black, G4mora black and Coulson purple. I've already had to sell one G4mora black cover, with another withering on the vine.
  • smkspy
    I hate pvp drops for bag man. Before I rostered him for his pvp event, I was frequently luckily into his covers. Now that he's rostered, I haven't pull more than two since that event.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you count the covers I'm holding, I have a 10/9/0 Ares.  Come on yellow!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    I hate pvp drops for bag man. Before I rostered him for his pvp event, I was frequently luckily into his covers. Now that he's rostered, I haven't pull more than two since that event.
    To be fair, his covers are rare.
  • smkspy
    Borstock said:
    smkspy said:
    To be fair, his covers are rare.
    As are all 2 star covers in pvp at this point, but it still doesn't escape my notice that I've gotten far less of him since rostering him than before I did.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just come back from 2 weeks holiday. Got straight back into the game and decided I could finally open some of my legendaries. Only took five of them until I pulled a 4* that I had 13 covers for, but hadn't champed.

Awesome, I'd work on Mordo now.

Then I ended up with two tokens for Sinister Six because I joined with 2 hours to go (Seemed like a fun event, my alliance completed it without me and I ended up doing a single run of the last round. Challenging but not stupidly hard).

I looked at the vault "Well literally the only thing in there I don't need is Elektra. But this vault is 0/80, there's no way I'll..."

I pulled Elektra with my first token. So...let's see if I can get 500,000 ISO in a fortnight!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I needed one more 2* Cap Marvel to max champ so I could sell for the iso to level Sentry and Champ him + 1 cover for LT. Opened 38 combined Elite & Heroic tokens. Nothing. Normally I would get at least 3 or 4 Carol. I had some stockpiled Enemy of the State tokens so pulled them and finally managed to snag the cover I needed. Now all I can pull is 2* Cap Marvel and I don't even have her rostered again yet...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards

I pulled Elektra with my first token. So...let's see if I can get 500,000 ISO in a fortnight!
    Moderators, forgive me for being a little off topic, but capital proper use of a 'fortnight'.