My "I can't believe the RNG" thread

Deadsider
Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
I'll make it brief, over the last while I've had a lot of 4* Blade. Mine is 5/1/4, and I pulled six unusable red covers in less than two weeks. That hurts.

Enter Sinister Six and the homecoming token.

I just opened mine, and got another *4 red blade cover.

Then I saw a Bonus Hero pop.

I got another one.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of latest tokens there are only 2 that I cannot use; Danny blue and Gamora black, and I usually pull both 1 out of every 5 pulls on average. Just the way it goes, but man is it frustrating.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I'm trying to farm my 2* hawkeye, he's at 5-5-1 with 8 red in the queue.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I cannot draw a 4* from a heroic that is not Agent Venom or Bum Fist - literally any other 4* that is not Riri would be fine
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadsider said:
    I'll make it brief, over the last while I've had a lot of 4* Blade. Mine is 5/1/4, and I pulled six unusable red covers in less than two weeks. That hurts.

I got another one.

Dude,

7 purple medusa in a row across 2 days, one week later another 3.

she is a 1/5/5 for me.

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Once I got 40 one stars in a row on standard tokens.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    badsaj said:
    I'm trying to farm my 2* hawkeye, he's at 5-5-1 with 8 red in the queue.
    Really wish we could trade. Mine's at 5/2/5 with 5 purples in the queue, and one more and a blue that I already had to sell.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I just opened my two 5pidey vault tokens we got thru the Sinister Six event and got two purple Mordo covers.

My Mordo is 2/3/5.

I now have 7 purple Mordo covers in queue. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Deadsider said:

I got another one.
    Why would your bonus be set at Bl4de red? 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    My worst nightmare is Hobo fist blue, just keep pulling them over and over and over again. Then Mordo black.   Three of them dying on the vine along with another hobo blue and a coulson pink.
  • Ronburgundy
    Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I've pulled enough Riri covers to roster her fully twice. In that time did I pull a single Peggy while she was available?  Nope. I really do think there is something to the conspiracy theory that it's not a true RNG. 
  • Enderikari
    Enderikari Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Red Gamora is following me around. 6 of my last 9 pulls have been 4* Red Gamora, though she is at 5/1/2. 6 covers dying on the vine
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Should i speak about 3 Riris in a row i got a week ago from LT?
    Or about my 0/5/0 Green Goblin?
    Or about my 5/5/2 Professor X and 12 of his purple sold in the process?
    Yeah, RNG is a pain...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Gamora is following me around. 6 of my last 9 pulls have been 4* Red Gamora, though she is at 5/1/2. 6 covers dying on the vine
    Go figure, my 1/5/3 G4mora is really 1/7/3. And that sole red cover was from getting to 2000 in last season's Simulator. I'm gonna cash in some tokens in the next day or two and can't wait to see how many G4mora black and Coulson purple (also at five covers) I pull.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Opened 14 spidey tokens and only got one Spiderman cover 

Game keeps giving me agent venom tokens but he's third in priority to champ so I need a further million ISO before that happens. 
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Before vaulting, I managed to get 7 red Ghost Rider covers before finally getting a single green cover.  

Mr. Fantastic kept giving me black covers, and AntMan gave me 5 yellow before any others.

There are some characters the game just doesn't want me to have.  Thoress is another one of those, but not as bad.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    My R&G is currently 1/0/5, after getting 5 green in a row
    My Blade is something like 1/5/2 with a green withering on the vine
    My Riri is 3/3/5 (was 1/2/5) with 2 greens withering. Also why does everyone keep getting Riri when she's basically useless?
    My Moon Knight is 5/0/4

Looking at this posts above, I'm seeing a conspiracy too! I can seemingly get green everything but not necessarily much else...
  • BlackWidower
    FokaiHI said:
    Deadsider said:

I got another one.
    You can't set your bonus hero to a specific cover colour.  If you did... yeah.
    I can see why he would set his bonus hero to Blade (he's a great character to have champed) and he is being vaulted at the end of the month.

I ordinarily would not advise setting any 4* bonus hero for anything that you have five covers for just because of the rarity of actually pulling them - and the subsequent frustration of pulling one, you can't use.  Sorry you had to endure that Deadsider.

oh and I went against my own advise and made Hobo fist my 4* buddy, because I need either a green or a black.  It will probably giving me a blue though and you WILL be able to hear my screams regardless of where you live.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I pulled a bunch of tokens for 5* Spidey. In 71 pulls, I got 14 covers for him and 5/4/4. Then I see a thread like this and can't believe how lucky I am. Not even going to complain about the extra cover. It just lined up perfectly. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    FokaiHI said:
    Deadsider said:

I got another one.
    You can't set your bonus hero to a specific cover colour.  If you did... yeah.
    I can see why he would set his bonus hero to Blade (he's a great character to have champed) and he is being vaulted at the end of the month.

I ordinarily would not advise setting any 4* bonus hero for anything that you have five covers for just because of the rarity of actually pulling them - and the subsequent frustration of pulling one, you can't use.  Sorry you had to endure that Deadsider.

oh and I went against my own advise and made Hobo fist my 4* buddy, because I need either a green or a black.  It will probably giving me a blue though and you WILL be able to hear my screams regardless of where you live.
    Sometimes you just get desperate. I've got Gwenpool at 3/4/5 and really want to get her champed soon, so she's my 4* bonus. Just got one yesterday...green :(
  • BlackWidower

Sometimes you just get desperate. I've got Gwenpool at 3/4/5 and really want to get her champed soon, so she's my 4* bonus. Just got one yesterday...green :(
    I went through the same thing with Gwenpool green.   Two out of three green covers died on the vine before I was able to cover her.  That was back when she wasn't vaulted, so it's even worse for you now.  That's not to rub it in, it's just to say I feel your pain.