Forum "official" Boss Rush 2 is awesome thread

Options
13»

Comments

• babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really like that this event focused on the puzzle element of the game and was simply a joy to play through. 

I will say the number of nodes made it feel a bit grindy for something we do 3 times a day but that's honestly a nitpick especially if the round 8 completion with so few optimized clears was considered intentional.  I like the idea of pacing things out a bit more on the next run. 

I realize that I'm in the minority here but I feel the sub nodes should scale more naturally.  It's a joke to keep them at level 40 for days and then instantly jump to 300.  This is probably just a consequence of not using scaling in the event though so I suppose that's fine.  Better to be too easy than too hard with this game.

Awesome event, just wanted to share my minor nitpicks.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I LOVED facing Doc Ock and Venom because of the puzzle element.
    Vulture and GG were fine and normal bosses.
    Sandman was hard without a champed Quake to soften the blow. (It's actually pretty hard to get yellow match 5s because he matches away a lot of yellow after he makes it.)
    Carnage was brutal. Basically getting a bunch of turns, cascades, and cheap power attacks. This wasn't puzzling, just annoying.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this alliance event. More of these and more puzzles! (Loved the last Thanos event and even am ok with Kaecilius fights.)
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hit my personal progression right away, just waiting for my alliance to catch up T.T
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've mostly been running C&D, XFW, and Bl4de. Up until RD 7, I could get out without too much damage, now I'm taking damage depending on how the board falls, but still managing to get through all but 2x.

Overall, I enjoyed the event early and I like the idea of "having a couple of days off" with not much to do, given regular PVE play. Unfortunately this event has convinced me that it's time to jump ship on my alliance as only 4 of us have made it to personal progression (some of us have racked it up 2x or close to it), and I don't mind the newbie teams not pulling so much weight but I'm really annoyed that our 4(!) commanders haven't even put in 1/2 progression. I'm finding there is such a thing as too casual an alliance here, so the last few node rounds have felt like a slog; but it was a lot of fun before that.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've mostly been running C&D, XFW, and Bl4de. Up until RD 7, I could get out without too much damage, now I'm taking damage depending on how the board falls, but still managing to get through all but 2x.

Overall, I enjoyed the event early and I like the idea of "having a couple of days off" with not much to do, given regular PVE play. Unfortunately this event has convinced me that it's time to jump ship on my alliance as only 4 of us have made it to personal progression (some of us have racked it up 2x or close to it), and I don't mind the newbie teams not pulling so much weight but I'm really annoyed that our 4(!) commanders haven't even put in 1/2 progression. I'm finding there is such a thing as too casual an alliance here, so the last few node rounds have felt like a slog; but it was a lot of fun before that.
    I found this out too. Look on the alliance page and find one that has comparable goals/expectations as you. It's worth it, especially for Boss events.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I'm getting over my annoyance for the most part. The truth is simply that my alliance has been more good than bad but I've gotten to the point where I'd like it if at least half of us are shooting for personal progression on boss events and that's not who my alliance is. Not their fault really, but time for me to move on. Before the next replay!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yeah, I'm getting over my annoyance for the most part. The truth is simply that my alliance has been more good than bad but I've gotten to the point where I'd like it if at least half of us are shooting for personal progression on boss events and that's not who my alliance is. Not their fault really, but time for me to move on. Before the next replay!

I'm in the same boat - I think we only had 14 participants, 2 of our commanders dont even play any more, and last  check we only had 4 players reach the 800k mark. I was on top of that group with about 1.2mil, but motivation to play when others arent is very low (except I wanted those Carol covers as I was able to champ her)

If you find a good alliance with an extra spare spot, let me know!