Are you buying out the Spider Man vault?

Options
Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Are you buying out the Spider Man vault? Feel free to explain your reasoning in the comments.

Are you buying out the Spider Man vault? 137 votes

Yes
25%
ThanosxKOBALTxdanielrandkaiChrono_Tatafmftintjohnnyzerosmoq84xidragonxiQuest34SendikelmLambadaDaveSpudgutterTenaciousdecafSTOPTHISzodiac339seyerinMrCroaker64QubortThe rockettGoBucsGo 35 votes
No
63%
PuceMooseCFactoTheVultureronin_sanCoppsPorkBellyantreas1911sinnerjflzulux21firethorneragnaradykillercoolnonnelbabinroTaganovGrimSkaldAngryGermanIlDuderinoMaskedManMrBowers 87 votes
I'm only going to buy part of the Spider Man vault
10%
ZommyGDJoritneodukeBlindman13rainkingucdCyberVenom2001gregns2cozmo1682RedLionSlothkinsScreen MonkeyPlayer1575grannedramatistXavier_Mc 15 votes

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No
    Unfortunately for me, the 4* is Nick Fury, which seriously devalues the vault for me. I would need to come up with the ISO to champ level 77 Nick to justify not wasting the cover. More back story can be found here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66063/selling-2-of-the-same-color-cover-is-there-more-info#latest
    for my current ISO drought. 

Ugh, after HfH changing, I was hoping to dump most of my HP into the Spider Man release.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nope.  Better ROI for my HP elsewhere!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    Elektra for me, in a color I don't need. Nope.

I did spend 100 HP on the Sinister Six daily deal and promptly got the legendary token, though. So there's that.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No
    Green XFW. Spent HP on irrelevant covers on the chance of the 5*ish token? 2600 CP got me 4 covers. I'm already shifting towards hoarding LLT's until he's in the rotation.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You know, since the vaults are different by person, putting in a cover of a character who you have at 12 or less covers, in a color you have fewer than 5 of, would probably translate into $$$ for D3/Demi...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    I bought it for the 4* prof x cover it was offering me. 

Means I can champ him and get a few other characters sorted out as I have been waiting ages for that cover 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    18,500 pure ISO, event LT, Carnage, 3 Spidey, 6 Heroic, and a bunch of 2* fertilizer for 5600 gold. Value looked fine to me.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    No
    Nope. A bit of stuff for the 12th X-23 cover at that price point? Pass, hard pass.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    Yellow peggy, but have her champed so not worth it for one LT.

Vaults in general need some serious overhauls.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mine had a black Carnage, which my 3/0/1 could do with, so I bought a 10-pack. Didn't get Carnage, but did get a nice chunk of Iso (7000), and some other stuff. Two of the 2* champ levels got me Heroics, one of which gave me a bonus Quicksilver, who spat out a War Machine cover.

I'll take it.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No
    Nope. 

In general I think its best people spend their excess HP on 40x heroic packs.

However, this gives you a shot at a specific character and the vault isn't a particularly bad value so I don't fault anyone for buying it out.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At the moment, the only thing I can think of that would get me to do that would be a Peggy blue cover. But it's HoboFist's black, so no way.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No
    It's a very mediocre vault. I'll pass.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No
    I have a green Invisible Woman.  One IW cover ain't worth that and the rest is garbage.  I got all the 2 stars I need thank you.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    Green sandman, iso, leg token and a bunch of rewards from all the champ levels. A decent deal IMO, so yes i bought it.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bought 10x at a time to get the iceman cover and of course. I didn't get it till the last 10 so I spent more than I needed to to get it. Got a blue 5* spiderman from the homecoming token at least. I'm getting closer and closer to finally having iceman fully covered. 
  • Twl7569
    Twl7569 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes
    A Professor X cover, and I really need ISO now- besides, one of my heroics popped a Sandman cover too. Works for me. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
     Mine has a blue Hulkbuster that would make him 4/3/3. I'm very tempted, but haven't decided yet. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did one 10x buy and got 4* Punisher, 3* Spidey (both are already champed), 5500 ISO, and 3 2* for my farm.
    Good return for me, but now saving HP to roster the 5* Spidey I pulled (it took 2 tokens and 75 CP to get one)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    Mine is Spider-Gwen, appropriately enough, but I blew my discretionary HP on a 10 pack on the Peggy vault (great draws but no Peggy.)  I probably wouldn't anyway, 1 out of 40 for a 1- in-10 chance for a 5* is a very meh vault.