Selling 2 of the same color cover. Is there more info?

Options
Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/45624/things-to-avoid-while-opening-hoards-211-lts-pulled/p1

Big thanks to the OP of the linked thread for giving us the info provided in that thread! My question is this: Is there more info available? Specifically:

1) What is the proper level to raise a 2* character to maximize your ISO return when they have 2 covers of the same color?
2) Is 2 covers the tipping point? Or can this be expanded to 3 covers of the same color for all levels (2*, 3*, 4*)?

If anyone knows of additional info, and can point me in the right direction, it will be much appreciated!

Comments

• Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    It's apply to 3* and 4* tiers only:

3*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level 49 ... sell for 2000 iso
    3*s ... 3 covers of same color ... level 62 ... sell for 4500 iso

4*s ... 2 covers of same color ... level 83 ... sell for 4000 iso
  • Beer40
    Options
    Thanks to you both for the info (first or not lol)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is ISO really so rare that this is still a thing?
  • Beer40
    Options
    Is ISO really so rare that this is still a thing?
    (Assuming you're not joking, which I really don't believe) I'm in the 4* transition and I feel like it is. I've got IW, XFW, NF, Ant-Man, and Coulson that could all be 270's except I don't have ISO for them. After the Spider-Man event you can add 4* Carol to that list. So yea, if there's any small ways to scrounge up ISO, in addition to playing like crazy, I'm all for them
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I've never found myself in a situation where I had a spare roster slot along with 2-3 covers of the same color, and the same character, of a character I didn't intend to keep.

I can see doing it if it comes up, but not as a means of generating ISO.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you have a full 2* farm going, having a "free" slot available to do this isn't that rare. I have at least 1 or 2 that hit cover max per week. So I save those extra covers until then. I also have been known to do it when I will be buying a roster spot for a new 3* dupe.

ISO is ISO and min-maxers are going to min-max.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Unless you're really strapped for HP/slots, I feel like the better solution here would be "champ that character and reap the long term rewards."
  • Beer40
    Options
    I guess I've never found myself in a situation where I had a spare roster slot along with 2-3 covers of the same color, and the same character, of a character I didn't intend to keep.

I can see doing it if it comes up, but not as a means of generating ISO.
    Sorry, got busy going for 575 and couldn't respond. It was a series of unfortunate events that led me here. 

1) I was hording CP because I got into a position where I was ISO poor and didn't want to waste pulls.
    2) I pulled a couple unusable 4* from Heroics. 
    3) This made me realize I needed to horde Heroics at the same time. So I did this for 2 seasons ( I think?).
    4) Fightmaster created a post asking people to horde so he could prove his theory that Vaulting was good. I disagree with that, but hey, I was already hording CP and Heroics so I went all in. I was hoping we could at least come to a draw that Vaulting is good for some...and not good for others.
    5) I had a few pulls planned out for covers I wanted in HfH and made those. I still had many more lined up.
    6) The only characters I need (Doc Ock, 5* Hawkeye, and Carnage) come from CP pulls + HfH store changing left me with a bunch of HP and nothing interesting to spend it on. 
    7) Got bored one night last off season and started pulling the usual standards and elites. I was still bored and (here's where it all went to ****) started pulling Heroics.

I got 3 unusable AV (2 very quickly) and chasing his red power for my (2/5/5) I ended up with a 13th and 14th cover for Coulson and an unusable Ice Man cover. At the time, I only had enough ISO to level 1 champion. I spent 120 CP for an Ice Man cover, champed him, and used his cover. 

I didn't enjoy using 6 Classic pulls to cover someone but I did it. I decided immediately that the AV covers would have to go to waste (unless I pulled a red out of a pack before they expired) so that I could gather ISO and use it to champion Coulson.

Back to having too much HP...I got bored and stupidly pulled a Vintage Heroic. I got my 14th cover for IW. So now I had to choose between her, Coulson, and (possibly still) AV. And then today I felt like I needed to cash in some tokens to get my ISO up (champ rewards) enough to get one of the three champed before they expire. And in the EotS vault I pulled my 14th XFW, adding him to the mix. 

So after a bunch of bad decisions piled on, I was looking to see if there's any silver lining in this, and I can salvage a little bit from so much waste. Still having so much extra HP, I can just prematurely open up a roster spot that will (hopefully) end up being taken by 5* Spider Man, or more likely, Vulture.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yet another example of being penalised for not hoarding.  Shame, really.  It should be FUN spending tokens etc, not stressful b/c you're worried about obtaining unusable covers.  I've seen MANY proposed solutions here on the forum (colourless covers, trading, eliminating or extending the 14 day time limit, etc, etc, etc).  They have fallen on seemingly deaf ears.  Maybe "they" are considering the plethora of options... but I'm not overly optimistic. 

So we hoard.  As one fellow forumite suggested to me, it's the only measure of control we have.  Just wish my willpower were up to the challenge!

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yet another example of being penalised for not hoarding.  Shame, really.  It should be FUN spending tokens etc, not stressful b/c you're worried about obtaining unusable covers.  I've seen MANY proposed solutions here on the forum (colourless covers, trading, eliminating or extending the 14 day time limit, etc, etc, etc).  They have fallen on seemingly deaf ears.  Maybe "they" are considering the plethora of options... but I'm not overly optimistic. 

So we hoard.  As one fellow forumite suggested to me, it's the only measure of control we have.  Just wish my willpower were up to the challenge!

The game's not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to keep you on a short leash.

Games were designed to be fun back when their business model consisted on selling as many copies as possible.
  • CaptainFosco
    CaptainFosco Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Starfury said:

Games were designed to be fun back when their business model consisted on selling as many copies as possible.
    Woah. I think you've just freed me.