Would you recommend MPQ? (latest in game poll)

2»

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    0 (feel free to explain in comments)
    I gave it a zero. I'd say I'm sorry but quite frankly I'm not.

HfH was totally butchered (store itself was neutered to the point of taking 2~ years to cycle, communication and mistakes of when the new changes would hit [oh hey you wanted that Iron Fist green cover, no prob no prob drop 18000 HP in order to cycle to it instead], etc).

This game isn't "newbie" friendly between max progression rewards, required characters (2-4* tier) - PvE/Behemoth Burrito, PvE needing to be cleared at ideal times to even make placement (and often times grinded to a full 7 clears).

Board of death/doom. I'm sorry, that's been going on for how long and there still isn't a fix? Let alone the game has no way of detecting when it happens and not penalizing your character's health pool. 

I'm sure there are other things I didn't mention, some things I don't know about (cheating for example - I saw it mentioned above) but this is a quick list of things that bother me with this game and prevent me from suggesting it to others.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Beer40 said:
    I voted 0. The dual price point for the same goods amazes me.

Ask yourself, "What would you do if you found out that Amazon.com offered NBA 2K18 to some users for $30 and others for $60?".

I feel like this would make national news. I also assume MPQ does it because they're small enough that they can avoid the extreme negative public feedback that would crush a large company that did this.

I couldn't imagine recommending a product to someone in an instance like we are currently in.
    Could someone please explain this to me or point me to a thread discussing it? I don't know about this issue.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Yepyep said:
    Beer40 said:

Ask yourself, "What would you do if you found out that Amazon.com offered NBA 2K18 to some users for $30 and others for $60?".

I feel like this would make national news. I also assume MPQ does it because they're small enough that they can avoid the extreme negative public feedback that would crush a large company that did this.

I couldn't imagine recommending a product to someone in an instance like we are currently in.
    Could someone please explain this to me or point me to a thread discussing it? I don't know about this issue.
      https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65887/resources-getting-ripped-off#latest
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:
    Yepyep said:
    Beer40 said:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65887/resources-getting-ripped-off#latest
    Thanks, Alsmir. Really appreciate that. (It can be hard to find threads if you are unclear as to the topic under discussion.)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 (feel free to explain in comments)
    In the previous poll I rated this game at a 7. As you can see, I've now lowered it to a 3. I base this mainly due to vaulting. For me at least, it has spoiled the game massively for me. Then the fact they created the Heroes for Hire store and the Vintage store to basically make us pay money to get the characters they took away from us. The new boss event has already been spoiled for me due to all covers being rewarded being ones I simply dont need due to their reluctance to offer vaulted characters instead of the latest 12. 

At this point, they are ruining the game for me. 
  • Tahroo
    Tahroo Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Three for me. My complaint has always been about the competition aspect and surge in ISO demand vs lack of increase in supply. Why does everyone playing their heart out have to compete for the top 10 places to get the prize in "pve". Why do alliances compete at all instead of progress in events? There's far too many players and alliances for this model to sustain itself in an enjoyable way for current and future players. Why hasn't ISO rewards tripled since the release of 5* to make up for the large gap? 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I voted 3. While there have been some good changes this year, they've been more than offset by changes that make my playing experience worse. Vaulting, HfH fiasco, lack of ISO (I've got 20 championed 4-stars, and as many fully covered that I don't have ISO for),  the terrible alliance interface, increasing the PVE grind to 5 clears, and the total lack of any new PVE content (boss missions don't count). I can't tell you how tired I am of fighting the dark avengers in every PVE - especially with 5 clears required. Simply giving me more rewards to grind out the same old tired events doesn't enhance my playing experience. I've started skipping entire events, and did not renew my VIP when it expired last week.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I voted for 0. But only because I don't have any friends to recommend anything too. Although... if I DID have friends, I wouldn't want to be responsible for their fall in to the downward spiral that is MPQ. 
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    9 or 10 (feel free to explain in comments)
    I gave it a 9. The 4* game is now where the 3* game was 2 years ago, when I enjoyed the game the most. The recent 4* additions have been fun to play with a design for synergy. I'd much rather try interesting combos with 4* Carol, than brute force with Hulkbuster; so vaulting is fine by me.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Gave it a 0 completely due to vaulting.  Any other issues I can deal with but vaulting has made the game feel horribly broken and turned my favorite game into a miserable experience.
  • Midnitelouie
    Midnitelouie Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    2 (feel free to explain in comments)
    2. The only reason I would tell a person to possibly get into it is if they need something to waste time in. But to tell them straight up to not get attached to a single character, and that they might as well toss any single 4* cover they came across.

Vaulting is the single worst preposterous idea in this thing. I've got characters that I'm still not done with that I can't "finish". So... Melodramatic as it sounds? I seriously thought it over today...and after getting this survey? It caused me to re-evaluate. And I may be done. (At least until they "rethink" vaulting.)

//Removed Profanity Acronym -Brigby
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Warms my heart to see so many 0s and 1s with vaulting as the reason. Your HfH store is a bust fix vaulting fairly.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to vote around the 7 range.  Since vaulting I always vote 0 and will continue to vote 0 until a common sense solution to vaulting is added.  Most likely a 3rd CP store with vaulted 4*s of some variety.  It's that simple.  

Vaulting makes the game rougher on newer players and I would never support bringing someone else into this nightmare.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I feel I got in at the right time. I was able to build a good roster and can compete in story mode and versus. Unfortunately I do not feel the game offers enough FUN to ask a friend, or enemy, to start now and try and compete.

My number one complaint is the saturation of heroes. This causes two problems.

First, the content is repetitive and in the context of the vast number of heroes and villains in the Marvel universe, we keep seeing the same ones being released as "new". How many spidermen do we have now? And we get ANOTHER 5* spiderman added to the game?

The second problem is the lack of ISO-8. Yes, there has been some improvement in this area, but not enough. When a game requires you to use a resource to level up, that resource should be readily available. As it is I have dozens of 4*, and every 5*, sitting with minimal levels because I don't have enough iso8 to level them up to be useful. So they just sit there taking up roster slots.

My suggestion: slow down on the new cover releases and increase the iso8 earned in all events. Help players feel like they are making progress.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    For perspective, the 0-4 votes added together (the low end of recommendation) are beating 5-10 (mid to top recommendation) currently by a vote of 44-13.

In fact, the only way to keep the "low recommendations" from winning the poll, currently, is to say anything from 1-10 is a "high recommendation" and then 1-10 beats the 0 votes by a vote of 33-24.

@Brigby this might want to be a post you include in your reports.

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I'm going with a zero. Every day I ask myself why I'm still playing. This is really just candy-crush while collecting marvel characters.

PvP's shielding system is just the worst. Knowing they want shielding so i can pay them, i suppose something like: once I hit 900, and get trucked down to 350, I should be able to fight people ranked up at 900 again for units of 120 to 200 points so I can regain my positioning quickly. I dunno, even with that, I really hate the PvP placement system. 

PvE is really, really terrible. It seems fine, until you realize the subtly of it. You really have to put everything in your life on hold to handle placement for PvE. Additionally, once you've done the circuit or events, their terribly repetitive. The story is pooly executed, as the buffed champs don't even follow the theme, and their just generally un-fun.

I'd love to see champs boosted thematically, like all x-men get a boost when fighting at the x-mansion? They had some cool stuff in that one-off Guardians of the Galaxy with environmental tiles. 

They have potential, but then you consider they've had potential for years... so it's clearly lost potential now, right?