Would you recommend MPQ? (latest in game poll)

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Periodically we get these in game polls asking us if we'd recommend MPQ. Since another one came out today I thought we'd see what the current status of the game is.

Would you recommend MPQ? (latest in game poll) 65 votes

0 (feel free to explain in comments)
43%
firethorneJexmanElauricCrookedKnightLystratafmftintfrachrArphaxadDarknes21OneLungDaveblargrxStyle55Daredevil217smkspyQubortn25phillyThe rockettdonnelJHawkIncbroll 28 votes
1 (feel free to explain in comments)
12%
killercoolNajboljiMagicVarg138supergarvMissChinchDarthDeVoshardwick 8 votes
2 (feel free to explain in comments)
7%
irwandoWEBGASCalnexinSkadenFrudeeMidnitelouie 5 votes
3 (feel free to explain in comments)
10%
KolencenorthnorthTahrooNick441234ZalastaHistamielSpringSoldier 7 votes
4 (feel free to explain in comments)
3%
thedarkphoenixferaldayor 2 votes
5 (feel free to explain in comments)
4%
user311rixmithjamesh 3 votes
6 (feel free to explain in comments)
1%
zaku 1 vote
7 (feel free to explain in comments)
4%
divouneJaedenkaalLandale 3 votes
8 (feel free to explain in comments)
4%
CoppsrevskipPants1000 3 votes
9 or 10 (feel free to explain in comments)
7%
GuntherBlobelacescrackedLukoilastrp3AlluAllu 5 votes

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I voted 0. The dual price point for the same goods amazes me.

Ask yourself, "What would you do if you found out that Amazon.com offered NBA 2K18 to some users for $30 and others for $60?".

I feel like this would make national news. I also assume MPQ does it because they're small enough that they can avoid the extreme negative public feedback that would crush a large company that did this.

I couldn't imagine recommending a product to someone in an instance like we are currently in.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Its fun to play now, but getting well over 50% of the heroes, and counting, is just too tough for new players for me to inflict this on a friend.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    My exact comments:

"Still refuse to end vaulting and provide a good pathway for newer players to get older characters. Also Iso is too limited for the release rate of new characters. You can champ one every two weeks but you release them every two making it very hard for any new player to catch up.  Very pay to win model."
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    5 (feel free to explain in comments)
    Gotta go with 5.  If we started over at day one and knew how the game would progress, I'd say 10 ... but for a new player a thousand days behind the curve, 0.  
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    9 or 10 (feel free to explain in comments)
    The game can get boring with the amount of grind required to progress, but despite that, it is definitely worth a try. First two tiers give a good taste of the game and it's mechanics, and they can be completed in a humane time. If my friends want to continue after that, well, that's on them. :tongue:
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    vaulting, vaulting, vaulting. Until it ends I can't rate the game higher than a zero.  When you demand I have a character but the only reliable way to get said character is 5% BH or pay 3600 hp the game is a 0. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 (feel free to explain in comments)
    I like the game, but the systems that have evolved are too punishing unless you devote significant time outside the game finding out how to be competitive.  The mechanics of scoring are obtuse and someone who devotes a lot of game time to receive a sub-200 ranking will be easily turned off.  While vaulting makes it easier for a new player to build a semi-competitive roster, it is rare to encounter an event where they will be able to match evenly with veterans.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 star dilution, rng 5 star progress, developer/CS indignation on the subjects of 5 star dupes and sub standard draw rates
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Short answer? Heroes for Hire, both the change itself and how it was implemented. Search my post history for more elaborate/specific reasons, but part of it was very nicely captured by @MissChinch up there. 

Also, lack of changes in regards to vaulting, lax treatment of suspected cheaters, and the different price points for different players contribute to me not recommending. 

But, I'm hoping that things will change and I can get back to buying VIP and/or recommending the game. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is in dire need of a change to progression based pve to help with people getting burned out. Others say vaulting but that can really be fixed with allowing users to have custom packs where there would be the six latest characters, six random vaulted characters and then four slots available where you can choose your four favorites. For pve imagine if an event was set up like the gauntlet where completing the last non essential mission of a sub unlocks the next sub. No time limit outside of when the event itself ends. No more having to rush to beat a sub faster than everyone else just so you have a shot at the best rewards. If you put in the time and effort to do six clears of every sub then you should get the best rewards for your clearance level. 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    For me it was a combo of vaulting and non action on those that abuse exploits (or at least the refusal to communicate any actions).
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Any game that allows exploiting/cheating with no punishment isn't something I'd ever advocate to a stranger let alone someone I actually like.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Want to fight Wolverine non-stop with red feeders to fuel his adamantium slash? Step right up. 

Hell no would I recommend this game, just like my answer was the same the previous thousand times this question has come up.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    I like hot dogs! 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted 0 and I know I have made many comments on this before but to me it breaks down to these factors. 

-BH exploits/any exploit-  This is still not addressed, maybe not fixed, and people have not been dealt with. This goes to the integrity of the game and competition that this game is built on.

-We want your feedback-  There are many threads asking for our feedback. One of them is the vaulting thread saying they would make changes if enough people had concerns. Fast forward to the HFH vault. 99% of the people in that thread said it was a terrible idea and gave the reasons why. Guess what. They still went with it AND rolled it out early. So guess what, they might listen but I don't think they care.  Another example, the asked for feedback about the forums and are addressing it BUT NOT THE GAME THAT MAKES THE FORUMS!!!  How can you be more concerned with the forums and how they works but not address the game itself. For the love
    of GOD. 

-SCL 9/10-  I mean, it's still listed as coming soon. Maybe one day before I retire they will do this. Maybe. Lol. 

-5* cover swaps-  I know I have had 12 dupe 5* covers that they would not exchange. I am
    sorry, they can say this would overwhelm CS, but I am not buying it. To me it is a joke, and sick joke, that they will not open this up for both lastest AND classics.  13-5* in classics now. 14 soon. Just sad that they are punishing players for not opening this up no matter how much we talk about it. 

Stale Game play-  Same pve. Same pvp. Same Sim. Need more 4* pvp. Need new pve. Need new ally based events, yes Spidey is coming. 

I think this is a good start. 
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I also gave it a 0.  There are many reasons, but the main ones I listed were bugs not getting fixed/the game crashing, and a lack of colorless covers.  If anyone can give me any reasonable explanation why you should have to sell a 4 or 5 star hero for a pitiful and insulting amount of ISO when your hero is at 0/0/5 or any configuration really where they aren't at 13/13, I would love to hear it.  I had sold over 12 blue Ant Man covers before I had even gotten ONE yellow cover, and sold many more before he was at 13.  Between Coulson and Carol, I have sold probably 10 covers all together, but neither of them are that close to being usable.  It's absolutely ridiculous and I would never recommend a game that does something like that to a friend.  
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    0 of course. I'm "into" this game like I am into scratching my package: it's sort of a relief but not fun. I don't care about new modes of play, just eliminate The Hunt and all the old Dark Avengers PVEs and replace them with new ones with new enemies. The lack of new content in this game is astonishing...and yet I'm coming on 4 years. Scratch scratch scratch. I would never ask that a friend do this to themselves.
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Why do they keep having these 1 question surveys when all they do is make the game worse??