MPQ at Marvel.com: Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (6/30/17)

Options

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aa25 said:
    No problem with spider being 5 star but forcing everyone every where to play an event at noon eastern is a bit odd considering how nice D3 is with time zone slices.
    You still have 8 hours window to score 5-6 hits in. Unless if it is a dual-boss like CW and you want to do R8&R8 that may be a different story.
    "As the players Alliance completes rounds, the boss node will get harder"  So those people who normally play at this time will get the lowest easiest points and anyone who plays hours later will get the level 355 bosses who hit for 12k per attack.  Not cool.
    If it's so not cool, then talk to your alliance. They're the ones playing earlier. You're blaming an entire event style on a problem created by 19 people that you choose to play with that don't fit your playstyle.

This system isn't as unfair as you're making it out to be, AND it's something you can work to alleviate with your alliance (I mean, my alliance works together to help people with weaker rosters go first to take advantage of lower boss levels, it's not that hard to do).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Take heart; there is evidence this will be Boss Rush style, from what the article said. That may mean you complete rounds as an individual and the Bosses scale to your roster.

Actually, don't take heart. Despair. Boss Rush was an awful experience.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Spidey sounds really fun to play. 
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Why? Why are we just having variant upon variant dumped on us? Do you not know there are hundreds of other characters out there you could add to the game?
    Getting very bored very quickly with this game now.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bit of a surprise to see 5* Peter Parker; I thought the Guardians actually had the best promotion tie-in - which coincidentally shifted roster slots for D3 - with the generosity & accessibility of 3 characters in quick succession.

By contrast, 5* Peter Parker is going to sink like a stone; won't be a PvE essential, presumably perhaps a 1 in 10 chance of recruiting a useless mono-cover version from event & consequently no sense having his own story map or anything - the most he'll ever be seen will be loading screen for the next few weeks.

Silver-lining; it looks like Vulture will be a 4* then (or 3* at least), and as my forum name suggests I have been wanting to see him in-game for years now.  <3
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    while I am sad peter is going to be a 5* as it will be a pain to cover him (my best 5 star still only have like 8 covers) he will also not only complete the team I have wanted to make since gwen and miles got redid, he will make it awesome, and people will fear it.

Miles makes purple red and blue and neither miles or gwen make use of blue so spidey can use it to stun the other team and make web tiles.
    neither uses green either so now spidey can use green to constantly do good damage
    and the red will depend on the damage numbers but if it is decent it will make the call to run gwen with 5 purple instead of 5 red easier to have even more stun ability.

it will give you a team that constantly heals thanks to web tiles
    constantly gains red blue and purple thanks to web titles.
    and can constantly stun with red (miles, though damage from peter will likely be more useful) blue (peter) and purple (gwen though unless you need it miles to get more web and do damage is likely better)

there is a good chance that this will be a top tier team, if not the team to use in a lot of areas as it should keep you from needing health packs, should be annoying to face and should be fast.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    >5 star peter
    why
  • twobites
    twobites Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is available in the Legendary Cover store starting July 6. 

As someone else asked, it will be interesting to see if this is a traditional, single 5* store costing 25 CP, or if this is referring to the Latest Legends store. I have mixed feelings about either option.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    twobites said:
    Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is available in the Legendary Cover store starting July 6. 

As someone else asked, it will be interesting to see if this is a traditional, single 5* store costing 25 CP, or if this is referring to the Latest Legends store. I have mixed feelings about either option.

In the past, that's how they've referred to the single-character stores. "Bag of Tricks Legendary Cover store", "Privileged Intellect Legendary Cover store." From the Star Lord Marvel.com article:
    Come and Get Me is a new Thanos boss event similar to Galactus and Ultron and the final progression rewards a token to a 5-Star cover store featuring Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

Latest and Classics are just two options in the "Legendary Cover store."

Of course, that still doesn't 100% clear things up, because they didn't spell it out, but I would presume that if a 5* is available in that store, but not explicitly in Latest Legends tokens, then it means they'll have their own limited time token. It was nice when they spelled out when Doc Ock would enter LL, shame they didn't do that again here.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank You! Hoping this one is awesome!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Skill set looks great! Looking forward to earning covers. This is a long term goal.
    Can we try to curb the negativity for once? Geez.  Even 1 cover 5*s can be fun to play in certain areas of the game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The description of Arachnid Agility is reminding me of the Maximum Spider super from the Capcom fighting games.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I suppose they wanted to keep the 4star space for Peter free in case they ever need to release another 616 Peter (Please Symbiote Spider-Man someday. You can even reuse the Back in Black images).
    5 stars also fits with other characters based off their movie versions.
  • ces319
    ces319 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby Can you give us some guidance for how long we can expect the 5* Spidey vault to be available? For the duration of the first event, the entire time both events run, or during the first and second event? It makes a big difference for those of us hoarding iso.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If there is a 5pidey as progressive reward, I don't see the problem. The 1st Civil War run was like that with Cap and IM as rewards. It's an alliance event. Everyone should have to contribute. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FokaiHI said:
    If there is a 5pidey as progressive reward, I don't see the problem. The 1st Civil War run was like that with Cap and IM as rewards. It's an alliance event. Everyone should have to contribute. 
    The last Boss Rush wasn't a true alliance boss event. You went through rounds on your own, and in the end, there was a ranking in the alliance for who got the most points. Evidence points toward this being a boss rush too, so we'll just see if it's a true alliance event or not.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    FokaiHI said:
    The last Boss Rush wasn't a true alliance boss event. You went through rounds on your own, and in the end, there was a ranking in the alliance for who got the most points. Evidence points toward this being a boss rush too, so we'll just see if it's a true alliance event or not.
    True. I'm hoping they kept it along the lines of Civil War and Galactus. 
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby I think us veteran players would like a truthful reasoning as to why introduce another Spider-Man variant especially since we already have a 5* Peter Parker. Whether it's symbiote spidey, or Iron-Spider, or even Dusk or Prodigy, it's still another Peter Parker. This year there has been a complete flux of variant characters, and there is no real reasoning behind the decision. Just curious as a veteran player and avid Marvel fan not understanding why they are keeping their character pool so little when their is so much for them to work with.