MPQ at Marvel.com: Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (6/30/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Take a look at the MCU spin on everyone's friendly, neighborhood wallcrawler.
Check out the new 5-Star Spidey here: Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Comments

• fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    his powers look decent.  but then again, in my 1200+ days of playing mpq, I have yet to formulate a team that utilizes web tiles to its fullest potential.   hopefully this will lead to new 5* characters being great again bc 5tarlord and doc ock are garbage.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Can we get a reason for breaking the 3 year practice of not having the same PERSON twice in the same tier? A 5 star Peter Parker already exists
    This game is a variants galore, it was a matter of time i guess. But the answer is to cash in on the movie.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Take a look at the MCU spin on everyone's friendly, neighborhood wallcrawler.
    Check out the new 5-Star Spidey here: Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    Boo! NOT COOL.

The message I take away from this is that, as a Spider-Man fan, I am not allowed to enjoy my favorite character unless I have money.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    fmftint said:
    Can we get a reason for breaking the 3 year practice of not having the same PERSON twice in the same tier? A 5 star Peter Parker already exists
    This game is a variants galore, it was a matter of time i guess. But the answer is to cash in on the movie.
    But you can still cash in on the movie with a 4* Peter Parker Spiderman as Peter Parker doesn't exist in 4*
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    fmftint said:
    The issue is, until now, no character has locked out another chatacter of the same tier
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    I considered the broken with Agent Venom. There were 3 tiers with no venoms they could have put him in. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wingX said:
    jgomes32 said:
    fmftint said:
    But you can still cash in on the movie with a 4* Peter Parker Spiderman as Peter Parker doesn't exist in 4*
    Ideally yes. But people will spend more on a 5.fmftint said:
    jgomes32 said:
    fmftint said:
    The issue is, until now, no character has locked out another chatacter of the same tier
    I don't like it either.

broll said:
    fmftint said:
    I considered the broken with Agent Venom. There were 3 tiers with no venoms they could have put him in. 
    One is Flash Thompson and the other is Eddie Brock. Both 5* Spider-Man are Peter Parker
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    wingX said:
    jgomes32 said:
    fmftint said:
    Ideally yes. But people will spend more on a 5.fmftint said:
    jgomes32 said:
    fmftint said:
    I don't like it either.

broll said:
    fmftint said:
    One is Flash Thompson and the other is Eddie Brock. Both 5* Spider-Man are Peter Parker
    It's the same symbiote. 
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Well I was really hoping for a 4* spidey that is actually Peter Parker. Not another 5* version that I most likely will never get covered before this game goes under.

For what it's worth, we all used to say that about new characters when the 4* tier was new.  Only the whales would have fully covered 4Thor and XF Wolverine, we had to settle for 3's and we'd struggle to get that 13th cover.  Now you can get a new 4* every day with even regular play.

The game changes, evolves.  What's rare today is uncommon tomorrow.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the article on Marvel.com: "He will also be rewarded in the Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six event that starts Thursday, July 6 as well so just in time to experience some Spider-Man fun as you get ready to see the movie."

Hold up. Are y'all saying that the final progression reward for this event will be an actual, specific cover, the way we could get 5* Cap or Iron Man the first time Civil War ran? Or are you saying that it will be a token for his specific store that gives a 10 percent chance of drawing him?

The way I read it, it sounds like the event will reward an actual, specific cover, or at least a randomized cover. But a cover nonetheless, not just a token for a chance at a cover.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm fine with this. His powers look fun and it seems they are trying to capture what makes spiderman great. 5 star worthy, maybe but I believe vulture is the 4 star being released after. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm stoked for this.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No problem with spider being 5 star but forcing everyone every where to play an event at noon eastern is a bit odd considering how nice D3 is with time zone slices.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No problem with spider being 5 star but forcing everyone every where to play an event at noon eastern is a bit odd considering how nice D3 is with time zone slices.
    You still have 8 hours window to score 5-6 hits in. Unless if it is a dual-boss like CW and you want to do R8&R8 that may be a different story.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* spidey looks top notch I'm excited!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a little diappointed the number of tiles removed doesn't at least reduce to 1 as the power gains ranks for blue. I suppose the intended build is 3/5/5, and then to not use the stun in favor of getting full damage out of the other powers.
    Also disappointed that this looks like a boss rush event, and with 5 untested bosses to boot. The AP reset is promising. I'll try to keep some optimism for the release of some real details on this.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby it says he goes into tokens July 6th.  Are we talking latest tokens or just a special Spidey store?  I know I personally was looking forward to another 4 weeks of hawkeye to try to finish him, and this doesn't really jive with other 5* releases, being in a specific store and then into latests weeks after.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    aa25 said:
    You still have 8 hours window to score 5-6 hits in. Unless if it is a dual-boss like CW and you want to do R8&R8 that may be a different story.
    "As the players Alliance completes rounds, the boss node will get harder"  So those people who normally play at this time will get the lowest easiest points and anyone who plays hours later will get the level 355 bosses who hit for 12k per attack.  Not cool.